Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyro Merc PvP Thread (No QQ and no Devs allowed!) **also - New UI Idea**

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Pyro Merc PvP Thread (No QQ and no Devs allowed!) **also - New UI Idea**

MeatTender
04.24.2013 , 12:59 PM | #21
Mercs still suck for pvp, its very difficult to 1v1 a lolsmash anything in pvp, to bad we dont have any defensive cool downs.

Millem
04.24.2013 , 07:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
This thread is intended for those few of us who are sick and tired of Merc complaints. This game isn't going to last forever and we need to enjoy it while we can. Most other classes can enjoy posting on the forums about any topic. But if a Merc dares post something positive, too many scrubs come out of the woodwork and try to bring you down to their level. It's gotten old.

1) The popular opinion is that Mercs suck in ranked warzones. I fully agree with this.
2) I still enjoy playing my Merc toon because my life doesn't revolve around ranked warzones.
3) I don't want to be censored into never talking about my Merc, regardless of the fact that they need help.
4) The developers aren't going to nerf Mercs because of this thread.

If you wanna see a Merc do well in a solo queue unranked warzone, watch this vid. You also may get inspired by my UI. I haven't ever shown it to anyone but I'm guessing most people will hate it, but a few may actually like it. (I'm talking about the buttons in the middle of the screen.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIumR...ature=youtu.be

Shortly after I posted this last nite, The Harbinger server crashed. It must have been a huge disturbance in the force because millions of Mercs cried out in terror (at the thought of a non-QQ post / video).
Hey Partner!

Glad to see a post like this in the Mercenaries` Forum for a change. I am pretty sure that a "good mood" post of a Merc won`t make BW do any nerf to our class. Everyone has a chance to have a little happiness in life, even Mercenaries...
I agree with every point of your OP. But I got to say that your UI is kinda crazy, though...
I always had fun with my Merc even in Ranked WZ, sometimes winning, sometimes losing badly. I know our class is not good at PvP, but I never let it on the shelf, just learned to live with it, knowing my place in WZ, learning the ˜what to do`s" and (specially) the ˜what not to do`s" in every map.
I must say that we mercenaries received some nice defensive tricks to play with 2.0, but I`m afraid that the Pyro spec tree suffered a huge blast, for both Mercs and Powertechs.
Right now, I am rolling Arsenal for PvP, and having some very good time with it. The defensive tools just got much better in Arsenal. But everything still very green in Warzones, and before the regulars PvPers got all their level 55 augmented gear, learn all the new abilities and BW do something with lolbolster, we can`t have anything for sure. I will just keep "spamming my tracers" (lol, jking) until everyone knows how to shut me down...
MILLEM
Pyro Mercenary

DarthBloodloss
04.26.2013 , 12:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Millem View Post
Hey Partner!

Glad to see a post like this in the Mercenaries` Forum for a change. I am pretty sure that a "good mood" post of a Merc won`t make BW do any nerf to our class. Everyone has a chance to have a little happiness in life, even Mercenaries...
I agree with every point of your OP. But I got to say that your UI is kinda crazy, though...
I always had fun with my Merc even in Ranked WZ, sometimes winning, sometimes losing badly. I know our class is not good at PvP, but I never let it on the shelf, just learned to live with it, knowing my place in WZ, learning the ˜what to do`s" and (specially) the ˜what not to do`s" in every map.
I must say that we mercenaries received some nice defensive tricks to play with 2.0, but I`m afraid that the Pyro spec tree suffered a huge blast, for both Mercs and Powertechs.
Right now, I am rolling Arsenal for PvP, and having some very good time with it. The defensive tools just got much better in Arsenal. But everything still very green in Warzones, and before the regulars PvPers got all their level 55 augmented gear, learn all the new abilities and BW do something with lolbolster, we can`t have anything for sure. I will just keep "spamming my tracers" (lol, jking) until everyone knows how to shut me down...
Hey whats up bud Thanks for the support!

Well at least you were honest about my IU! Because all that matters is that I like it lol .... Its basically there for all the buttons that I don't have a hotkey for.

I've been playing less the last few days because of work but still at the top of my list is for me to try Arsenal. I know you keep telling me to test it out and that time is almost here!
---
To the guys I promised my build to....sorry I haven't even logged on in the last couple days! (But basically I have all Pyro boxes EXCEPT "foreign object excisor" and "infrared sensors". I think you are required to take everything else, to be able to move up the tree.)
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS