I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:

• Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.

Completely agree. Waste of dev time/effort. Esseles still kicks you to desktop, ability delay still around, no cross server etc.

Thank god i can at least set my mood to "angry" to show everyone in fleet how upset i am with the state of this game...

p.s - facial expressions are lame and no one uses them.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, different department different resources. Guild Amenities only needs very little resources from the Writing Department.

Oh, and just HOW do you know how small the amount of people that have been asking for this are? Just because there might seem to be a small amount vocally asking for this doesn't represent just how many would ACTUALLY use this. Cause for all you know it could be a Majority that wants SGR's added but only a small fraction actually comes onto the Forums and vocally asks for it.

Also, the people who are asking for this are NOT being "Very Loud" so please don't blow that out of proportion either.

On the same token, the people against the forthcoming addition of SGRAs coming to the forums could be a tiny portion of the people who are actually against it. See how that works?

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Completely agree. Waste of dev time/effort. Esseles still kicks you to desktop, ability delay still around, no cross server etc.

Thank god i can at least set my mood to "angry" to show everyone in fleet how upset i am with the state of this game...

p.s - facial expressions are lame and no one uses them.

I am just not going to resub. It is clear that the dev's priorities are very much askew. At least as far as I am concerned. I certainly do not speak for everyone.

Edited by TheBBP

Every other Bioware game has SGR. Most people who play Bioware games expect it. Aside from Bioware games, even Skyrim has same gender marriage. Where's all the uproar and mass exodus of all the people who play those games? Oh wait, there wasn't any. Why would SWTOR be any different?

Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:

• Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.

Adding SGR IS a way to continue a class story. Playing a Fem!SW, for example. There is a moment on Taris

when your character is about to die from an explosion. You can ask Quinn a question along the lines of "If you have anything to say, now's the time." Now, depending on if you've initiated the romance, you get this: "I believe you know how I feel about you, my lord."

It may be small, but it's all a part of how YOU'VE been playing your character and it can be an important little tidbit for said character.

An SGR can go the same way and it makes the story, for certain players, seem more real, fulfilling, and fun.

Adding SGR IS a way to continue a class story. Playing a Fem!SW, for example. There is a moment on Taris

when your character is about to die from an explosion. You can ask Quinn a question along the lines of "If you have anything to say, now's the time." Now, depending on if you've initiated the romance, you get this: "I believe you know how I feel about you, my lord."

It may be small, but it's all a part of how YOU'VE been playing your character and it can be an important little tidbit for said character.

An SGR can go the same way and it makes the story, for certain players, seem more real, fulfilling, and fun.

Not to mention, they've stated that adding SGR's with Companions, which depending on how they are done, can be obtained through additional Chapters to the Class Stories, will in fact, add to the Class Stories.

Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.

And I'd agree but really, a few lines of dialogue (because that's what they are actually getting) is not "being prioritized" by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I'd like to see you saying the same when they add sitting in chairs to the game.

It's not important in the bigger picture of things, because they need to fix/add a lot of things to be able to say that they are at that point where it's OK to sacrifice resources for such things that are pure fluff and not everyone wants/needs them. I don't. But I'm not going to protest such an addition, because some might find it interesting. Same goes for SGR.

And before you say anything about sitting in chairs being an RP must, keep in mind that having a gay/bisexual character could also be used for RPing

We all have to realize that it's not always about what WE want. Sometimes it's about what other people want.

Class stories are not being advanced in the Makeb digital expansion.

Well duh, it would be a bit early to add a new Chapter to the 8 Class Stories considering what all would go into making 8 Separate Chapters that are unique to each Class. Also, it isn't like they won't add more Chapters after the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion.

We all have to realize that it's not always about what WE want. Sometimes it's about what other people want.

And what this thread is about is me disagreeing with the priority being given to a feature a small yet very vocal part of the community have been screaming for. There is plenty more that should have taken precedence.

And what this thread is about is me disagreeing with the priority being given to a feature a small yet very vocal part of the community have been screaming for. There is plenty more that should have taken precedence.

If you've been here from the beginning, then you would've known that SGR's were going to be added to the game eventually. So it wouldn't be like, a complete and utter shock. Also, please stop saying that it is a small part of the community when you do not know for any ACTUAL Fact the size of the Community that would like SGR's added actually is. So for ALL you know, the size could actually be the MAJORITY of those that play this game.

Edited by Altyrell

If you've been here from the beginning, then you would've known that SGR's were going to be added to the game eventually. So it wouldn't be like, a complete and utter shock.

IMHO it should have been on the back burner behind many much needed fixes and additions that would benefit the majority of the players rather than a small portion of them.

Edited by TheBBP

IMHO it should have been on the back burner behind many much needed fixes and additions that would benefit the majority of the players rather than a small portion of them.

And yet, in my opinion it should've been in since the beginning. Also, Bug Fixes and stuff thereof are, again, a DIFFERENT Department.

Once more, for all you know the MAJORITY could actually want SGR's and YOU could be in the SMALL minority that doesn't. So, for the love of whomever you believe in, STOP saying that those that want SGR's are the Minority when you have ZERO Proof to back your statement up.

And yet, in my opinion it should've been in since the beginning. Also, Bug Fixes and stuff thereof are, again, a DIFFERENT Department.

Once more, for all you know the MAJORITY could actually want SGR's and YOU could be in the SMALL minority that doesn't. So, for the love of whomever you believe in, STOP saying that those that want SGR's are the Minority when you have ZERO Proof to back your statement up.

You have no proof that I am wrong. So please, quit attempting to direct the manner in which I express my opinion.

What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.

The thing is, you really have no way of gauging how much of the player base wants whichever features. Also, they need to keep adding different kinds of content, for all people. SGR has not been "prioritized" in any way, shape or form. If anything, it's been extremely de-prioritized for something that was promised pre-launch.

Also, they did not all sit around and decide that they need to make a big SGR update. They started created Makeb a long time ago, and they wanted it to be a major story up date. You know, for a the mmo that advertises that it's story focused, for lots of players who really want more of that content. And they are going to have some romanceable NPCs that will have flirt options for both OGR and SGR, like they should have had at launch. It's really very simple, and not the big deal everyone is making it out to be.

I'll post again what Daniel Erickson said about Makeb last July.

One of the first things we talked about way back in the day was that we wanted to make the eternal RPG. As soon as we started wrapping up any of the core content, we started making plans for the future. We then realized that people were burning through a lot of the core content. People were playing six or seven hour game sessions, and we were like, “We have to plan out all of our Ops and all of that stuff for the next year at least.” So we did that. All of that stuff for the next few Ops that people are going to see — you know we still have to build things, but all the core writing and the dialogue and the recording — all of that was written a long time ago. Then we started saying “What’s the next planet?” We looked back at everything we did well and not as well, and we realized that the best moments of our games from a storytelling perspective were definitely the early ones when it was more focused. You had fewer quests at one time, and they were much higher quality stuff, big high quality cinematics, really deep storytelling, big choices, stuff that you really, really were involved in, were excited about, and really could keep track of what you were doing. That is Makeb. Makeb is a return to full on AAA BioWare storytelling.

And one of the things they obviously decided when they started writing Makeb quests is that it would have SGR options. It's already been done, guys. You can't really suggest that they don't do what they had planned on doing since the beginning.

Edited by chuixupu

The thing is, you really have no way of gauging how much of the player base wants whichever features.

I guess that I will say it again. This is a thread based on MY opinion. I have even stated that I do not speak for everyone.

You have no proof that I am wrong. So please, quit attempting to direct the manner in which I express my opinion.

Well, you're kind of outnumbered in this thread alone, aren't you? So, your suggestion is that it should have taken the back burner, which it has for a year. Now though it's coming.

Any other suggestions or was this the only one?

Edited by Lent_San

And you have no proof that you are right. And there are ways you can express your opinion without insulting people. So, please stop insulting people.

And you have no proof that you are right. And there are ways you can express your opinion without insulting people. So, please stop insulting people.

My belief that a tiny fraction of the community finds SGRs important should be in no way insulting to anyone. You are trying to turn this thread into another argument. I will not entertain you any further.

There are far more important things to spend resources on than some gay alien fantasies.

This is a bit uncalled for. We knew SGRs were coming. This thread is about how absurd the importance put on them was and that I believe that more fixes or updates could have instead been done for a much larger portion of the community.

What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.

I see your point. However there are all kinds of different players in the game. Some have similar priorities, some have different priorities. Bioware can't stick to one priority, and ignore another. Everyone will get something they want, but it takes time. Sgr is something they aren't even prioritising ATM, but have made the decision to throw pro sgr players a bone. It's npc flirts, not companions. In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty small bone.

We know the inclusion of SGRs was to be implemented since launch. Obviously inbetween then and now they've been working on it so halting its development when it's probably half-way to being finished would be unwise. Stopping it now would mean wasted development time, something which this game can't afford.

There's already a number of other features which we know is currently in development simultaneously with SGRs ie. Ilum update, space project, whether it's a priority or not doesn't seem to be a problem. When SGRs is eventually released, it wont be the only thing that's available with the update as it'll most likely come alongside with either a new flashpoint, operation, new area etc. In the whole grand scheme of things, it will be just a brick which will be part of a greater construct.

Edited by Vitas

Here in the US, ESRB rates romantic or intimate content by degree of explicitness. What we have in SWTOR is within what is rated as T, and the rating is not affected in any way by whether it is same-gender or opposite-gender content. Why would it be? It's imaginary characters displaying non-explicit affection. Here's the official statement:

Thank you for contacting the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write.

The ESRB is a non-profit, self-regulatory body that assigns age and content ratings for video games and mobile apps so parents can make informed choices as to which are suitable for their children and family. As part of its self-regulatory role for the video game industry, the ESRB also enforces industry-adopted advertising guidelines and helps ensure responsible online privacy practices among companies participating in its Privacy Online program.

We understand that sexual themes have the potential to be of concern to consumers, which is why all such content must be disclosed during the rating process. In specific regard to your question, ESRB’s ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-sex content when it comes to addressing sexuality in games.

We hope this information is helpful, and thank you again for writing.

Best regards,

Entertainment Software Rating Board

The Pan European Game Information rating system is quite similar to the one used in the US by the ESRB. According to the PEGI, this game is rated 16+ for realistic looking violence, with sexuality not even mentioned. For more information about PEGI, check out their website here and here for all PEGI ratings related to the Old Republic line of games.

That's not a suggestion. If you're suggesting that in the future they should do, X, Y and Z then you need make no reference to SGR. The fact is they are adding SGR. So feel free to campaign for whatever changes you want. Complaining about SGR now is pointless.

You know, if you want to campaign against SGRs, I know of advocacy groups that would love to help you. One of them likes to focus on families, so that will help you. They failed the last time, but worth a shot eh?

If you feel that strongly about it, don't sit in the forums and complain. Tell the media, tell those advocacy groups that you'd like this option removed. It does help if you get a lot of your fellow supporters against SGRs to write in though. It can't be just one or two people.

Anyhow, try that and I wish you the best of luck!

Edit: I left that suggestion because...well, it's the Suggestion Box and that was the only way I could see to assisting the OP. I wasn't trolling, I was being very serious, because I don't see anyway that this is going to be removed from the game otherwise.

Edited by natashina