Birthright Kits need a change

stevmed

As of today these legacy items have virtually no point as the reward is unmoddable gear that can only be used viable by toons leveling up on the capital planets. The change that needs to happen to make these items useful to people is to change the token exchange into gear into something that can have mods be used in them either bound to character or bound to legacy.

Another fun idea to make this armor useful is that the gear it exchanges to the toons level up as the player does so it can become useful as leveling gear. This scaling does not to be extreme just maybe equal to green mods so a player can level up with this gear and actually seek it out!

Please post your feedback and or ideas :)

Yeah, good call OP

Making these sets moddable at the very least would make them actually useable/relevant.

I was excited when I first got my trade in token only to find that this gear was more or less useless.

Thing about that is that they have moddable versons of that gear (though super expensive ) for sale at the legacy venders. The ultimate downside to them, besides being expensive, it they are locked to class. Making them almost 100% impractical sense there are so many cheaper legacy gear that isn't locked available at multiple venders.

So those gear themselves need a change. A reduction in price and destroying the class locks.

Thing about that is that they have moddable versons of that gear (though super expensive ) for sale at the legacy venders. The ultimate downside to them, besides being expensive, it they are locked to class. Making them almost 100% impractical sense there are so many cheaper legacy gear that isn't locked available at multiple venders.

So those gear themselves need a change. A reduction in price and destroying the class locks.

There you go, I did not know that. The class lock doesn't bother me so much but a drop to a more affordable price would be a very welcome amendment :rak_03:

To me, 12x XP and the outfit designer make the Birthright and Inheritance kits more attractive than ever. Their stats being only slightly below what a purple item would have makes them good for about 8-10 levels of pve questing, and with the outfit designer you can use them as stats-carrying underwear and retain your customized look. Before we had outfit designer I was reluctant to use them because I didn't like the look, but now there's no reason for me not to make use of them.

You can also make the tokens reusable by trading the gear back (at any vendor) before the 2-hours timer is up. :)

Edited by KyaniteD

I remember when the birthright kits were new, everyone tried to get one. Nowdays players pass on the tokens instead.

I think they had plans for the birthright token system but abandoned it when they expanded the legacy gear system instead.

A update of the birthright could be cool though

Disagree. They are meant for alts, not only that but for the level it is, its far better than anything else for the same level. I use it all the time for my alts. I have 22 characters per sever so its comes in handy. Sure once every character on a sever is 5-10 levels above its then useless. Which is the intent to begin with. Its called a legacy item for a reason.

As for adaptable gear instead, no thanks there's more than enough easy to get adaptable gear already. there nothing wrong with inheritance or birthright gear.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I remember when the birthright kits were new, I was confused i can't just sell it and have to delete it. Maybe when you have 22 chars per server you can use these kits. But when you are fine with 2-3 chars you have and have enough money to support an alt you might create one day (especially with 12x and the fact that planet comms are absolutely useless now) these kits are trash.

I got twenty alts, and I never use those inheritance/birthright thingys. I tried, but it's just too annoying - legacy sets are better and easier to swap and exchange between alts.

Seriously, I'd just sell those kits for like twenty commendations each from a special vendor, and change quest rewards and drops to commendations instead.

The Birthright and Inheritance gear is an artifact of a far earlier and different stage in the design of the game, before 12x and widespread mods and "thanks for playing" modable gear being handed out freely and Bind to Legacy and unified Basic commendations.

I have a couple full sets of tokens on the offchance that they'll eventually change them to redeeming the orange sets. I don't mind the class restrictions, I'd only want a few of the sets anyway on certain of my characters. (But I would NOT pay the mil plus for the current oranges.)

the fact that planet comms are absolutely useless now

Just curious, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do you work that out? 50 basic comms (planetary comms are long dead, and planet-specific comms longer still) per set got me straight into a full set of 172-rated mods when I hit level 55.

I think it would be better that you put the birthright piece into a piece of armor/weapon (For a load of credits), making that Armour bound to legacy instead of one character. And if there are high level mods in there the character given it only wears it as cosmetic until they are the right level for it.

Yeah, good concept, poor/obsolete execution.

I wish they came up with something that better fits the inheritance theme. I don’t think Anakin would have left Luke a gift certificate to Weapons ‘R Us :p

But that would probably make it even less useful, i.e. a JK would bequeath a L60 moddable LS, not something that could transform into an IA sniper rifle.

BTW, L14 Inheritance mainhand = L15 purple = L17 blue (rating 50).

To me, 12x XP and the outfit designer make the Birthright and Inheritance kits more attractive than ever. Their stats being only slightly below what a purple item would have makes them good for about 8-10 levels of pve questing, and with the outfit designer you can use them as stats-carrying underwear and retain your customized look. Before we had outfit designer I was reluctant to use them because I didn't like the look, but now there's no reason for me not to make use of them.

You can also make the tokens reusable by trading the gear back (at any vendor) before the 2-hours timer is up. :)

Interesting. Yeah, hadn't thought about using them with outfit designer. I'll give it a try. Weapons are a bust though.

In general, I agree that Birthright gear needs to be re-designed though. They aren't working as intended and are hardly a reward for much of anything anymore.

Ok, based on my thoughts above, here’s my idea

[Disclaimer: I haven’t thought about the many reasons why it (a) can’t be done and (b) may be game-breaking]

At end of class story, you get to choose one item you have, and make it Bind on Legacy.

That’s an inheritance.

At no point were these things ever worth anything unless you liked the look of the items and couldn't afford to buy the moddable legacy versions. I can see that they were inspired by the inheritance gear you get for alts in wow, which levels as you do, to a point, but the implementation here is entirely half-baked and pointless (embarrassingly so). The treasure system should replace the places where the items exist (they are extremely rare) with purple or CM items.

Interesting. Yeah, hadn't thought about using them with outfit designer. I'll give it a try. Weapons are a bust though.

In general, I agree that Birthright gear needs to be re-designed though. They aren't working as intended and are hardly a reward for much of anything anymore.

What do you mean with they aren't working as intended? What do you think is their intended use?

I don't agree with the suggestions I've seen so far except the removal of class restrictions and the adjustment of loot tables. Being able to use the actual gear on companions and mirror classes would make them even more useful to me. But in general I like them the way they are, making levels 14-22 and 31-40 a bit smoother without gearing stops, but not streamlining it to a point where everything else becomes obsolete or useless. There are so many legacy sets now, even cheap ones, and super cheap item modifications, that it's really not necessary to adjust these kits to be moddable or auto-adjusting. I think rather than that I'd prefer them to be removed from loot tables and rewards altogether. (As long as I get to keep my 15 sets. :p)

Edited by KyaniteD

I like them. When I create a new character, I send all the inheritance and birthright kits I have to that character, by the time they are at the home planet around level 10+, they get some really good gear for levels 14 and 32-33.

I can honestly say that I've never once redeemed a birthright kit on any of my (two dozen plus) characters.

I dont like the look of the sets, and being unmodable means you'll just be leaving them behind in a few levels anyhow. That makes them FEEL worthless, regardless of if they are or not.