So having played 7/8 stories...

Crimsonorion

I gottta say Jedi Knight was still the best in my personal opinion. Sith Inquis being 2nd. The reason being the Jedi Knight story just seemed so..involved. Its hard to explain. I mean the relations with your companions in the Jedi Knight story was amazing. Practically everyone had a "role" to play. And I liked how during Corellia...

If you were Light Side the people you spared came back to fight with you, the guy from Tython, the Sith Pureblood from Tattooine, etc you were also named "the" Jedi General for the Corellia campaign so it really felt like you were in charge

Don't get me wrong, all the stories were great. And please don't take this as a "Jedi Fanboy" post cause if I was one I wouldn't of played Agent, Trooper, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler.

Now I have heard that the entire Jedi Knight "Story" was the plot from the Cancelled KOTOR 3 so maybe thats why it seems like it was so much more then the other stories.

Oh and the worst story imo. Agent. Story was great but didn't make sense in some spots....

Namely when you played as a Double Agent, your trying to pass yourself off as a Rebel or Republic Defector so it didn't make sense to do any planet quest as it was always for the Empire

And I didn't find myself relating to my companions in any regard...

Kaliyo was an anarchist who didn't stand for ANYTHING but herself

Vector was a brainwashed Killik

Ensign Temple was also brainwashed [she killed her OWN father just cause he did something bad, no remorse]

The Medic/Rakghoul companion didn't have much story, just an Ex-Imperial Agent

SCORPIO was the only one with any real personality

To me the purpose of a "crew" was to have some NPC's that you formed a close bond with as you played thru the story, and with Agent I didn't feel any of that. Jedi Knight was totally different...

Kira was a child of the Emperor, most of the Jedi knight story involved her. The droid used to be owned by the Jedi master killed in the Temple raid cinematic, Doc was just great and part of the Balmorran Rebellion [Which in turn meant you fought with the Rebellion which added more immersion. And Scourge was a former Emperor's Wrath that betrayed Revan and was kept alive for 300 years waiting for someonte to come and stop the Emperor. Out of all of them Rusk was the least "important" but still had some personality

Just my thoughts and "personal" opinion

I was the complete opposite of you. My favorite stories where the IA and SW; while the JK was good, I can only handle so much of a Mary Sue/Chosen One at a time and the SI story was...disappointing.

I agree with you that the IA's companions felt off and are probably my least favorite of all the companions. The IA story made a lot of sense actually:

Chapter Two has you working as a Double Agent or Triple Agent actually and your reasons for being on the planets fighting both Imps and Pubbies is clearly laid out in the story by Ardun Kothe. Chapter 3 is the big reveal where you find out you've been having your strings pulled by the Star Cabal so they can further their plans to have the Empire and Republic destroy each other; and also serves to help make more sense of Chapter 2(remember Hunter was part of the team as well as being a Star Cabal agent)

You had to maintain your cover(both to the Pubbie team and to the Imps) so furthering the Imp progress on planets is a good way of doing it.

Edited by Temeluchus

I didnt like the SI story, i have a 50 assassin and i thought the story was blah, but the difficulty of it was at least up there, i rolled through the Sith Warrior class story like it was on easy mode, and i need to do the Jedi Knight, because ive heard nothing but ggod about it, i have a 22 Sentinel

I've played every single storyline and I've pretty much seen everything except for Consular (I refuse to play one because their outfits are simply too horrid for me to bear).

I personally thought Agent was the best. You see things from a unique perspective, your decisions impact the ending, and you really feel like a spy. Almost nothing beats that James Bond feeling. Granted, the companions don't really suit you though (I, personally however, didn't mind that).

Warrior comes in second for me. Storyline was an absolute blast and the villain was simply the best in my opinion (He's there from beginning to end and not to mention he's incredibly interesting). Oh, and the funny moments. Warrior had tons of funny moments, though I'm sure the Smuggler has more.

Edited by Ardim

IA is by far my favorite story that I've played so it's hard for me to to put myself in your shoes for the rest of it...I haven't played the Knight yet.

I think perhaps it's a personality issue in story preferences. Agent is a rather dark story and you generally feel a distinct lack of control and distrust of everyone and everything and is ever downward-spiraling into chaos. It's typical of spy fiction, and you may or may not like that kind of thing. It's certainly not the hero's story that I imagine the Knight's tale is. The Inquisitor is also about starting from lowly beginnings and rising to the top. For some, that's the an ideal story to play through. For others, it's may be predictable and bland.

Having played 8/8 class stories, I have to disagree with you. :p I found Imperial Agent is one of the better stories. And I have no idea of how you can rank the Sith Inquisitor above....well anything. My personal (quality) rankings are something like this:

1. Imperial Agent

2. Sith Warrior

3. Jedi Knight

4. Smuggler

5. Trooper

6. Bounty Hunter

7. Jedi Consular

208. Sith Inquisitor

I haven't played through all (only finished everything for sW and IA, although I've gotten through ch. 2 for trooper, counselor, and knight and have played a bit of BH and SM.)

Like you, I really like JK. It would not surprise me in the least if it was the plot for KOTOR 3. And even if it's not, it certainly is the "typical" Star Wars plot. It is the story that the game is based around. And, yeah, it's truly epic and has some great characters.

OTOH, I still like agent better. I think that it's because, in large part, it's an inversion of everything Star Wars is. It asks the question, "What would an ordinary person's life be like in a world where there are these feuding demi-gods wandering around?" (Answer - pretty terrible.)

I also felt like it, better than any game I've played other than Planescape Torment, really considered how a game differs from any other medium. A lot of the bits were tailor made to work with a game - from psychotic episodes spawning when you least expect them, to having your free will literally taken from you, to dealing with a villain who is convinced that he's playing the best game ever with a character who is every bit as much a made up character as he turns out to be.

And unlike you, I loved the characters. They felt like the kinds of people you might be stuck with, in that situation.

Yeah, Kaliyo is a chaotic evil anarchist. OTOH, she's also the product of a society that's wildly anti-alien (particularly to her race) and moderately sexist. Does she hate human men almost just for existing? Yes. Do you know why? Yes. Do I know people like her? Yes. And in many ways, she makes sense as a companion because she is a "safety" against the Sith.

Vector is an interesting character to me in that he embraces how his self is subsumed to the greater good. On either side, you are asked to do this very thing. (Unless you're a Sith Warrior. But everyone else is expected to become part of the Sith, or part of the Jedi, really, other than maybe smuggler and BH, who exist outside the system. Their sense of self is supposed to be less than the greater whole.) Vector is the ultimate conclusion of this - he sees the hive as greater than himself and dedicates his life to it. He is everything you're supposed to be - and yet he's loathed for being that very thing. I found that dichotomy fascinating.

Lokin is what I suspect any agent would become, given long enough. Almost everyone he's loved is dead. He's estranged from his family and a "disappointment" to his father. He hides a tremendous amount of rage under a fairly genial disposition. And yet he's a survivor - craftier than a fox and willing to do anything it takes to get the job done. His class quest was one of my favorites - both in how it intertwined with Vector's, but also in how amusing a lot of it is.

Temple also struck me as interesting. She's on the surface a rather boring character - an Imperial Stepford Wife, I guess. But it's all thrown into chaos when you realize that this isn't her destiny - but that she's so determined to cling to it that she's willing to do some pretty terrible things to maintain the illusion that she's the pampered daughter of a few high level imperial agents who has the perfect life...even if it means killing the same person who gave her that wonderful upbringing.

And then the's SCORPIO, who felt a bit unfinished. Still, all that last companions are kind of meh, and I loved her weird combination of HK-47 and GlaDOS.

So, yeah, really liked all of them, and thought they all added something interesting and different to the storyline.

so far, my favorite out of the ones i played is the smuggler story. i love how lighthearted it is, and the smugglers get some pretty amazing lines. it's also the only class where i actually like all of my crew members. smuggler chapter 1 is the best. chapter 2 was a little slow moving, but was necessary to set up chapter 3, which more than made up for the downtime.

jedi knight wasn't bad, though it felt kinda slow up until the end of chapter 2. then it got good.

consular story was kinda "eh". it got better around Belsavis, but was still "eh" to me.

bounty hunter was ok, too, though it always felt like i was cleaning up the Empire's messes.

picking the LS option and killing the sith at the end made me feel so much better though. i swear, i hated being his own personal lackey.

can't speak for the other stories as i haven't finished/started them yet.

Edited by happysister

Female smuggler will be my favorite one, especially if you go dark side

On Tatooine, if you help Sith instead of Jedi you two just sit, and she teaches you everything, from politics to fashion, and then you get mail , in which she writes, that if she becomes Empress, you will be her apprentice. Also ability to cheat Republic and become evil pirate queen at the end is a bonus

Next is Sith warrior. Meeting that ensign on Balmorra, turning Jaesa to dark side but most of all, that thing you do to the Jedi on Belsavis

you make him kill Darth Ekkage, threatening that if he won't kill her, you will let her go, and he must kill unarmed prisoner to save galaxy

Rest stories are okay....apart from trooper. I actually despise that character. Being true Imperial, I can't stand the goody-goody Boy Scout with cretinous trigger happy droid companion, imperial traitor or cat, whose place is on Dromund Kaas slave market. Even if you play dark side trooper it's still disgusting :)

+1 to the opinion(s) that the companions are by far the weakest part of the Agent's story/experience. Worse yet, you get the more likeable ones (well, personal preference wise) towards the end of the story, and for the most time are stuck with an exact opposite of what a sidekick of an Imperial Agent should be (thank the god there's at least the opportunity to get your ship droid instead!).

Rusk to me is one of the most pointless companions in the game, he was a Hoth character that to me felt like they picked him up randomly because they needed a 5th companion and couldn't come up with a better way to give you one. The knight story is alright but I found the character companion development and overall story to be superior in the Agent's story. Kaliyo imo is one of the best developed companions story wise. For me trooper has been the worst so far. It wasn't terrible it just wasn't anything special. I've finished 4 stories and working on the other 4 now, so far for me its

1: Agent

2: Knight

3: Inquis

4: Bounty Hunter *havent finished it*

5: Trooper

Not far enough in Warrior, Consular, or Smuggler to comment on them.

Edited by Lithy

+1 to the opinion(s) that the companions are by far the weakest part of the Agent's story/experience. Worse yet, you get the more likeable ones (well, personal preference wise) towards the end of the story, and for the most time are stuck with an exact opposite of what a sidekick of an Imperial Agent should be (thank the god there's at least the opportunity to get your ship droid instead!).

Couldn't disagree more. I absolutely love all of the IA companions. I don't get where the idea that some don't "fit" is coming from. Having a foil is where the fun is. Hence Fiona is a great sidekick/love interest to Michael Weston. :)

Having played 8/8 class stories, I have to disagree with you. :p I found Imperial Agent is one of the better stories. And I have no idea of how you can rank the Sith Inquisitor above....well anything. My personal (quality) rankings are something like this:

1. Imperial Agent

2. Sith Warrior

3. Jedi Knight

4. Smuggler

5. Trooper

6. Bounty Hunter

7. Jedi Consular

208. Sith Inquisitor

This topic gets posted from time to time, and the vast majority of players agree with the above. The IA story is widely regarded as the top one. Only 4 of my toons are listed in my sig, but I've also played JK and Trooper, and still agree that IA and SW are better. Far better.

BH would be #3 on my list, though.

Well i've completed 4/8 and am slowly working through the imperial 4 at the moment.

I might seem heretical here but why rank them?

Each story is a different outlook on the galaxy from a different persona's POV. I don't like the idea of segregating them as they each have different perspective thats unique.

I have to admit in alot of places the extra touches done by Bioware are really nice, You do get some interaction betweem the companions of different classes at different times.

Have to admit I am looking forward to finishing up the other 4 quest lines.

I have to admit in alot of places the extra touches done by Bioware are really nice, You do get some interaction betweem the companions of different classes at different times.

i agree.

i thought it was pretty cool when my shadow and Qyzen called up Mako to get help during one of Qy's convos. also wish i could see Vette and Risha in action together since they were best friends. would be epic.

i agree.

i thought it was pretty cool when my shadow and Qyzen called up Mako to get help during one of Qy's convos. also wish i could see Vette and Risha in action together since they were best friends. would be epic.

Risha and Vette are sisters. Vette was adopted into the family :p