An in-depth look at Index Thread

Aurbere

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Aurbere: I'm thinking of doing a thread discussing Revan's fall. It would look into whether or not Revan fell due to the Mandalorian War, Malachor V, or Vitiate messing with his mind. Before SWTOR came out, the answer to Revan's fall was obvious. But now there's a bit of unknown here. Do you mind if I make it a "In Depth Look At" thread on this subject?

Hey Aurbere: I'm thinking of doing a thread discussing Revan's fall. It would look into whether or not Revan fell due to the Mandalorian War, Malachor V, or Vitiate messing with his mind. Before SWTOR came out, the answer to Revan's fall was obvious. But now there's a bit of unknown here. Do you mind if I make it a "In Depth Look At" thread on this subject?

Well, Revan's fall is a culmination of the several things. The Mandalorian Wars started it, Malachor kicked him to the edge of the proverbial cliff, and Vitiate drove him over the edge.

You can if you want to.

This would be interesting. You could look at all the factors, and decide which was the most responsible. Like a true historian!

Should perhaps go through the various events that happened before the formation of the Republic and the Jedi Order. For example: The Inifinite Empire, Xim the Despot (and his war with the hutts). Or maybe go for something like the Legions of Lettow, or perhaps Constipex's Crusades? I thought those events/orginizations were rather interesting but can't find much information on any of them (especially Constipex).

Should perhaps go through the various events that happened before the formation of the Republic and the Jedi Order. For example: The Inifinite Empire, Xim the Despot (and his war with the hutts). Or maybe go for something like the Legions of Lettow, or perhaps Constipex's Crusades? I thought those events/orginizations were rather interesting but can't find much information on any of them (especially Constipex).

I'll probably go through Galactic History eventually, but right now I'm focused on the war between the Jedi and the Sith. I'm also going to start working on Force cults soon. I'll make sure to investigate your suggestions, though.

Keep the suggestions coming! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a request Aurbere. I think I've finally cracked KOTOR 2 so I thought I'd explain my understanding of its more complex and cryptic parts in a 3 possible 4 part series. Just wondering if I could do this as an in-depth and if you could add it too your index thread once its done. :D

Sure. If you have fully cracked that conundrum, go for it.

Added Special Requests category.

The purpose of this category is for others to create in-depth threads. Now don't get too excited. This is still my project and as such, you will need to ask before you create one. Sound good? Good.

So there are some pre-requisites that potential thread creators will need to have before they can do this.

1. You need to know what you are talking about and have all of the facts. This is important. Contrary to popular belief(stemming from the Revan threads), we here deal in facts. You have to have all of the facts, combined with common sense (crucial for dealing with a few certain topics), in order to create a good in-depth thread.

2. NO OPINIONS. At least not in the in-depth part. Do not interject your opinions into the OP, save opinions for later. Normally I post my opinions at the very end of the OP. I've made the mistake of posting opinions in the very first Revan thread and look how that ended.

3. You have to be on my list. Sounds a bit demanding, but hear me out here. There is a certain group of people that I trust who know what they are talking about. I wont divulge the list here, but know that the list is actually quite short.

I know, it's a bit demanding and controlling, but this project is important to me. I've been doing this for a while now.

Thank you all for understanding.

Edit: Oh. I will be revamping the in-depth look at the PT Jedi and Sith soon.

Edited by Aurbere

Added Special Requests category.

The purpose of this category is for others to create in-depth threads. Now don't get too excited. This is still my project and as such, you will need to ask before you create one. Sound good? Good.

So there are some pre-requisites that potential thread creators will need to have before they can do this.

1. You need to know what you are talking about and have all of the facts. This is important. Contrary to popular belief(stemming from the Revan threads), we here deal in facts. You have to have all of the facts, combined with common sense (crucial for dealing with a few certain topics), in order to create a good in-depth thread.

2. NO OPINIONS. At least not in the in-depth part. Do not interject your opinions into the OP, save opinions for later. Normally I post my opinions at the very end of the OP. I've made the mistake of posting opinions in the very first Revan thread and look how that ended.

3. You have to be on my list. Sounds a bit demanding, but hear me out here. There is a certain group of people that I trust who know what they are talking about. I wont divulge the list here, but know that the list is actually quite short.

I know, it's a bit demanding and controlling, but this project is important to me. I've been doing this for a while now.

Thank you all for understanding.

Edit: Oh. I will be revamping the in-depth look at the PT Jedi and Sith soon.

A list, eh? How much would it cost... I kid I kid. Small problem though, as my thread is an in-depth on KOTOR 2 - the biggest conundrum in STAR WARS, its going to be partly based on speculation. What I'm saying is canonically true, but is the most likely truth once all the pieces are the puzzle are put together. Its still pretty solid though. And backed up by dialogue in KOTOR all the way.

Edited by Beniboybling

A list, eh? How much would it cost... I kid I kid. Small problem though, as my thread is an in-depth on KOTOR 2 - the biggest conundrum in STAR WARS, its going to be partly based on speculation. What I'm saying is canonically true, but is the most likely truth once all the pieces are the puzzle are put together. Its still pretty solid though. And backed up by dialogue in KOTOR all the way.

Well KOTOR 2 requires some speculation, and I understand that. That will be *probably* the only thread that will require such speculation. Other topics are a bit more fleshed out.

I created those guidelines to prevent this explosion of threads, and to prevent things from getting out of control. Much like Leland Chee does with the Star Wars continuity.

Well KOTOR 2 requires some speculation, and I understand that. That will be *probably* the only thread that will require such speculation. Other topics are a bit more fleshed out.

I created those guidelines to prevent this explosion of threads, and to prevent things from getting out of control. Much like Leland Chee does with the Star Wars continuity.

OK, although it will encourage some discussion on what really happened - but that will only help piece together the puzzle that is KOTOR 2.

OK, although it will encourage some discussion on what really happened - but that will only help piece together the puzzle that is KOTOR 2.

I look forward to your thread.

Just an FYI, I will probably have to take some info from your thread when I discuss the Dark Wars.