Legacy home

Litzke

Ok so this is my idea:

When players reach a certain legacy lvl they should be aloud to purchase a home on both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas that is accessible by all toons of that faction. You take a speeder to that section of map. And if that is too much lag for engine to run than you could post it as a sidebar when a player chooses to land his ship on the planet, something like: ( Land ) ( House ) :and it takes you to a copy of the planet focused on the house. All houses linked so you could literally walk down streets and hang out with friends at their houses. And allow anyone to enter the house that is part of the group or ops group so the lower levels can still have fun. Only one house per legacy so there is room for everyone and if no space is left then list different instances with different homes.

I say make it a suite on the fleet space station. Of course having decorating abilities would be a nice touch, but at least with shared storage space and chance to place a target dummy, mail box, GTN terminal, etc in it for all your toons to use. I'd like to see that. Just not crazy about having to land on a planet and take a shuttle to get to it. Edited by bahdasz

I say make it a suite on the fleet space station. Of course having decorating abilities would be a nice touch, but at least with shared storage space and chance to place a target dummy, mail box, GTN terminal, etc in it for all your toons to use. I'd like to see that. Just not crazy about having to land on a planet and take a shuttle to get to it.

i think they meant that you could land your ship at your house instead of at the orbital station.

/signed

This is one of the things I miss about SWG. I loved having houses, being able to decorate them and especially having my own store. I'd love to be able to have my own apartment or something, that all my characters can have access to (regardless of faction, though! I don't really need two houses per server, though that might be interesting anyhow if they look different). Now....don't...mock me for admitting this, but before I played SWG, I played an MMO called ToonTown. I know, I know. LOL. It was my first one, but anyway....you could have a houses there, and your house was instanced. Players could teleport to you, and therefore, go into your houses. There was one house per toon and you had a little neighborhood (8 houses total if memory serves) to yourself. I think something like that would be nice. The whole "walking down the street" thing will probably be difficult to code/manage...though I personally have no idea. It just seems daunting. But having it instanced and letting people TP directly to you and your neighborhood/houses would be awesome.

Just my two credits. =P

/signed

This is one of the things I miss about SWG. I loved having houses, being able to decorate them and especially having my own store. I'd love to be able to have my own apartment or something, that all my characters can have access to (regardless of faction, though! I don't really need two houses per server, though that might be interesting anyhow if they look different). Now....don't...mock me for admitting this, but before I played SWG, I played an MMO called ToonTown. I know, I know. LOL. It was my first one, but anyway....you could have a houses there, and your house was instanced. Players could teleport to you, and therefore, go into your houses. There was one house per toon and you had a little neighborhood (8 houses total if memory serves) to yourself. I think something like that would be nice. The whole "walking down the street" thing will probably be difficult to code/manage...though I personally have no idea. It just seems daunting. But having it instanced and letting people TP directly to you and your neighborhood/houses would be awesome.

Just my two credits. =P

I do miss the player Housing from SWG, and EQ2. It was definatly a time sink for me decorating out me houses. I am not holding my breath though that BW will introduce player housing,and Decorating in this game. Frankly at this stage I am way way to cynical about that ever happening in this game.

Heroes & villians in the Star Wars universe didn't have homes. They had ships, or rented an apartment for a period of time.

Those that did have a home, it was either before their adventuring career, or after.

I think its a bad idea and goes against the spirit of what Star Wars is. Just because other MMOs have it, doesn't make it a good idea for this game.

However, being able to customize/decorate our ships would be a better idea. Besides, who wants a house that's stuck planetside?

Flying houses FTW!!!

Edited by CaptRavenous

However, being able to customize/decorate our ships would be a better idea. Besides, who wants a house that's stuck planetside?

Flying houses FTW!!!

I second this. Or maybe, customization slot for the ship similar to companions at least, so that we could choose what the ship looks inside?

edit: oops, sorry for the double post.

Edited by Karkais

Heroes & villians in the Star Wars universe didn't have homes. They had ships, or rented an apartment for a period of time.

In the original trilogy, the heroes were rebels, and they had to remain highly mobile to avoid detection. However, they still had quarters in these temporary bases, though the case could be made that Han and Chewie probably did stay on the Falcon.

We never see where Vader or Palpatine live, but we can assume that Vader, when on Coruscant, had his own place with a meditation chamber like the one seen on the Executor in ESB.

Anakin shared an apartment with Padme in Episode III, which he used when he wasn't on assignment. The other Jedi likely had them, too. The Temple was a large building, but I doubt they hot-bunked Jedi in it.

We don't see much housing in Star Wars because screen time is limited. When you go to an RPG, though, and you're "living the life," a home (preferably an apartment in the capital) is a great way to get people more invested in the characters and the game and to provide a credit sink as people pay upkeep costs.

I experienced this in LOTRO. It's such a waste of resources....

Pretty much every neighbourhood (filled with 30 houses/guildhouses) was always empty of players. People were using their houses purely as storage facilities. Might be fun for the first hour or so to decorate your house and visit your neighbours house but it wears off pretty quickly.

Also i'm sure the dev's are wanting our spaceship to fill the role of our 'house'.

I rather see them putting time into guildships. Which lets be honest is pretty much the same idea as housing but atleast guildies will be hanging around in the ship, rather than you being alone is some neighbourhood on dromund kaas/Coruscant.

I rather see them putting time into guildships. Which lets be honest is pretty much the same idea as housing but atleast guildies will be hanging around in the ship, rather than you being alone is some neighbourhood on dromund kaas/Coruscant.

This would be great, somewhere to go and hang out with guildmates, while still having access to the GTN, PVP and PVE quest terminals, etc. If they wanted they could even have a list of materials that the guild to gather up in order to craft the ship as well, and if done right and made so that it's not super easy to get, would be quite the accomplishment for a guild. Some customizable things on the ship would be a given.

We never see where Vader or Palpatine live, but we can assume that Vader, when on Coruscant, had his own place with a meditation chamber like the one seen on the Executor in ESB.

Point kind of proven, the closest to a home we saw Vader in the movies was aboard the Executor. ;) (Empire strikes back, Return of the Jedi, the original comics I remember reading) He obviously had a palace or something when staying on Coruscant, but Executor served as his mobile headquarters.

The emperor is something else entirely.

ps. but I wouldnt mind a bit of personalization for my ship.

Edited by Karkais

In the original trilogy, the heroes were rebels, and they had to remain highly mobile to avoid detection. However, they still had quarters in these temporary bases, though the case could be made that Han and Chewie probably did stay on the Falcon.

Anakin shared an apartment with Padme in Episode III, which he used when he wasn't on assignment. The other Jedi likely had them, too. The Temple was a large building, but I doubt they hot-bunked Jedi in it.

We don't see much housing in Star Wars because screen time is limited. When you go to an RPG, though, and you're "living the life," a home (preferably an apartment in the capital) is a great way to get people more invested in the characters and the game and to provide a credit sink as people pay upkeep costs.

Its the same in the novels and comics too, most, if not all, of the main characters lived a "mobile-life".

I played LotrO, owned 4 houses and a guild house. What was said here previously is right, the neighbourhoods are little more than ghost towns. In 3 years of playing, I only met two people in my neighbourhood. Player houses are little more than storage places, in most MMOs. There are always exceptions to the rule, and I'm sure a FEW neighbourhoods in a FEW MMOs see activity, but most, as a rule, do not.

Player housing here would be a waste of EAware's time. They should be focusing more and what is already in place, giving us options for our ships, and introducing guild ships, as promised way back when during game release.

I like the idea of decorating our ships. Maybe expand the crafting a little to accommodate that. Have our pets that we collect running around and trophies on the walls.

Guild ships would be great for mobilizing and grouping. Instead of having to be grouped to go into someones hanger anyone in a guild could enter the guild hanger and board a... well it would have to be a big ship.

Why would I want to spend more time on the Capital planets? Ill designed, nothing to do, spaceports are agonizingly far away from anything, and level 10's running around asking a bazillion questions or looking for heroic 4s while I just wanted to throw a guild party or show some fancy Twi'lek Jedi just how color coordinated my house is. No. Just no.

Apartments in the fleet? It could work I guess. But I fail to see how it would be interesting in any real way.

Guild Ships sounds like a fabulous idea and addition to the game.

I've seen it somewhat hinted/referenced in this topic, but why not more ship customization? Size, layout, floor plans, amenities, what model, etc. It would be cool to show off your otherwise unseen ship, you already have things like storage, it's already instanced (so BW avoids the whole 'instanced housing vs actual housing' argument), and it's already in the game! It would take modifying code, not starting up new housing servers and writing whole new sets of code and having it playtested to death.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea, the whole idea bout a home which can decorate and visit with other players is something they really should bring in from SWG. At lest the ship should be made more open and accessable I think.

As for Legacy, I can still not fathom why they have not made better use of Legacy name in the guild chart for one thing. It would be such an awesome upgrade to see who's character it is if the legacy name was also part of the character name instead of having to typ it in manually in the character info.

I'm confused, what was that thing Luke lived in with Beru and Owen? Was that tent Padme slept in on Naboo? I guess Jabba's palace was just a summer rental?

Ever read any EU books? Everybody had houses or apartments, many of them had several.... even a secret asteroid lair is a home, if you set up your home entertainment center in it.