Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New player solution

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Danalon View Post
I'm not opposed to the idea but also I know it won't help. No bolster can compensate for the experience veteran pilots gained over time.
That's exactly my point. It will help. Again, why do MMOs implement Bolster systems in PvP?

It will allow them to survive longer. What good is a guide on how to lock missiles if they do not have the time to do so?

If you guys paid attention to the non-GSF community, you would hear nearly every single complaint --- "GSF Sucks because I die."

Not all players like GSF. However, there are many who like the idea of GSF. Is it really so disgusting to suggest an idea that would allow players to live a little bit longer?

Yes, Cross-server would allow for faster queues. It would mingle more players together. But, that still does nothing for the person who started yesterday and hit H on the keyboard for the first time.

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
The system that is in place is the one we must deal with. We (the relatively small and monetarily insignificant GSF community) do not control what Bioware spends its resources on. We have to deal with what is here. And what is here is really pretty good, though flawed. Working within that framework is what will most help GSF.

Despon
The system in place is not one with which we must deal. My main argument is, again, for the 3rd or 4th time, "Why do MMOs implement a Bolster system in PvP?"

caederon
06.12.2015 , 11:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by iiezl View Post
The system in place is not one with which we must deal.
Yeah, it kind of is, unless you are the budgeting director for Bioware and can command them to allocate resources to GSF development, this is what we get. No amount of forum posting will change that.

Your bolster plan has good intentions. It won't help. This isn't ground PvP, it isn't PvE. GSF is its own thing with its own set of expectations, demands and mechanics. Things that would actually help new players are 1. better tutorial material in-game (which has long been argued for) and 2. more players playing so new people aren't matched against teams of veterans. Bolster is unnecessary and would not help the root of the problem.

Despon

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:30 AM | #14
So, Despon, I can ask a 5th time because I'm patient.

Why do MMOs implement a Bolster system in PvP and in some PvE? Why do they do that? Can you, without bringing up your guide, answer me that question? If you cannot, or simply cannot read, I can attempt another way to try to communicate with you. I have Skype. I know sign language. I can even ask in German. However you want me to make it easier, I can comply. I'm done discussing this with you until you can answer me that question.

caederon
06.12.2015 , 11:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by iiezl View Post
So, Despon, I can ask a 5th time because I'm patient.

Why do MMOs implement a Bolster system in PvP and in some PvE? Why do they do that? Can you, without bringing up your guide, answer me that question? If you cannot, or simply cannot read, I can attempt another way to try to communicate with you. I have Skype. I know sign language. I can even ask in German. However you want me to make it easier, I can comply. I'm done discussing this with you until you can answer me that question.
They might do that if they are poorly designed and don't want to address the underlying problems that make such a system in their eyes necessary.

And I'm done discussing this with you, period, because you are not interested in discussion, you are interested in being certain that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Good luck with that.

Despon

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:36 AM | #16
I regret my sarcasm. I can completely understand the challenge in creating a bolster system for GSF. I know it won't happen tomorrow.

My post thread is entitled "New player solution" because I feel that Bolster is an idea that should be considered. It would not give players immediate super powers, but it can help those who might become regular players play more than one match.

And, the only thing I've been doing is trying to have you answer my question. There is no right or wrong in that.

Ymris
06.12.2015 , 11:44 AM | #17
I don't have a problem with some kind of bolster in GSF. Not at face value, anyway.

Attrition in GSF is high. There's still a lot of life left in it, but dammit, something should be done to get more pilots flying (or keep old pilots flying, that's a big part of the problem too). Cross-server is probably preferable, though--a much larger player pool would do a lot for levelling the asteroid field--er, playing field.
Tensoring straight to hell!

Karaiblis
06.12.2015 , 11:45 AM | #18
I think you could put a brand new pilot in a full upgraded ship and they would still crash and burn just as fast, a bolster buff wouldn't make a difference there.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I think you could put a brand new pilot in a full upgraded ship and they would still crash and burn just as fast, a bolster buff wouldn't make a difference there.
So, someone with level 60 Bolster in Huttball can still have no clue how to pick up or pass the ball. That is irrelevant. I suppose I can ask you the same question that I've been repeatedly asking throughout this argument--Why do MMOs implement a Bolster system for PvP and some PvE?

iiezl
06.12.2015 , 11:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ymris View Post
I don't have a problem with some kind of bolster in GSF. Not at face value, anyway.

Attrition in GSF is high. There's still a lot of life left in it, but dammit, something should be done to get more pilots flying (or keep old pilots flying, that's a big part of the problem too). Cross-server is probably preferable, though--a much larger player pool would do a lot for levelling the asteroid field--er, playing field.
I agree that cross-server would be the best plan. However, they've all but said cross-server will not happen. Cross-faction may be an idea, but we've yet to see if that will include GSF. They implemented Bolster for ground PvP, so I can assume that a GSF Bolster is highly likely.