Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove Damage Overcharge PLEASE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Remove Damage Overcharge PLEASE

Nemarus
06.04.2015 , 10:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
...or, TDM with only DOs. All DOs, all the time. That might be amusing. I'll bet they'd be brief and furious matches.
Last week I had a TDM that started with four DO's! I couldn't believe it.

Of course, all the people with DO's went after each other, until only one remained. It was like Highlander in space.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

tommmsunb
06.04.2015 , 11:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
Last week I had a TDM that started with four DO's! I couldn't believe it.

Of course, all the people with DO's went after each other, until only one remained. It was like Highlander in space.
The match where i maintained 260DPS over 12 minutes I think had 6 or 7, but also a lot of EOs
twitch.tv/tomeateejedota
Xi'ao'prime - Ebon Hawk / Bastion, Tomoya - Jung Ma
Otoshimono - Shadowlands/Progenitor formerly known as: Tomeateeje/Yuuko-San/Rumina/Friendlygurl/Tensai-Hikoushi/Taisetsuna/Yorimoyoi

MaximilianPower
06.04.2015 , 11:56 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
The match where i maintained 260DPS over 12 minutes I think had 6 or 7, but also a lot of EOs
A TDM with 50/50 EOs & DOs would be comical, maybe more so than 100% DOs. A brief, frenzied orgy of violence.

Now I'm thinking about a TDM with all EOs. That might be interesting. Or perhaps frustrating. Not sure.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Linuxizer
06.06.2015 , 02:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
I'm so sick of seeing otherwise unskilled hacks in GSF just flying around picking up the damage overcharge over and over and over and over and over again in order to boost their damage so they can land some kills, because otherwise they'd just be space dust. Personally, I think all of the boosts should be removed as they all break TDM in their own way, but I'll settle for damage overcharge being gone as it is the single-worst offender in the game.
Somewhat unskilled hack here... If you remove DOs, you will have matches full of gunships and bombers on both sides, and they all just stay at their own spawn point the whole match. It only takes one rookie on each side who doesn't know better and flies into the enemy formation, over and over again.
The Lightsaber-jerk

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jBHrWL

Verain
06.06.2015 , 06:01 PM | #15
I don't know if it would devolve to that, but static defenses would become a lot more valuable. You would lose the need to actually project force across the map too. Certainly it would move closer to the situation you describe.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

iiezl
06.08.2015 , 07:07 PM | #16
There is a reason that Damage Overcharge is announced globally. Pay attention, coordinate, and target (or protect) the player who picked it up.

CommanderKiko
06.08.2015 , 07:16 PM | #17
I admit to hating DO pac-manning too, however it is what makes TDM a TDM. I tend to avoid it and let other members of my team pick it up, or I will set traps near their spawns from time to time, and rarely grab them myself when i see pac-mans in the match.

The only viable way to get rid of DO power ups would be to allow a 4v4 TDM and remove ALL power ups, and set that up as a separate (almost ranked) queue.
GM of Defiant Industries LLC (GSF/PvP)
GM of Defiant Security Services (GSF, new)
- Kikò, Bastion.

Archonitek
06.08.2015 , 08:52 PM | #18
DO can also be a trap for many middle range pilots, sometimes they get so focused on racking up as many kills as possible with them that they get tunnel vision, makes it easier to fly behind and stab them in the back, or spend so long trying to finish off one pilot that they waste it.
Eclipse Squadron - Cedwic/Eclipse-seven - Pilot - The Ebon Hawk
Nova Squadron - Zemelda - Lieutenant - The Ebon Hawk
Red Squadron - Teerayne - Senior Spaceman - The Harbinger