How can I tell what primary/secondary weapon is active?

gsummers

I'm talking about the gunship's where you have two different types of railguns. I hit button 2 to switch between, say, slug and ion, but after a while I can forget which one is currently active. I hate having to try to tell which one is active by shooting it. Shouldn't there be some icon or something that says which one is active? I know that the guns on the ship may appear different based on which one is active, but it seems an icon would be a lot easier to quickly notice and get back to dogfighting.

Secondary weapons have different icons and you can see which one is active by looking at your interface. The active one is displayed.

However, if you're using cc-ships then you can't tell. For whatever reason those have only one icon for their weapons.

And to be more precise, it`s the icon on on the right of your "abilities" bar(in un edited setup)

Two icons with mouse button smaller icons on the sides. The right one shows you the secondary you are using.

(side note, On cartel market T1 Gunship this icon, dosent change - bug)

Can't remember what plasma one looks like.

Plasma looks like a free kill!

On the Republic ships, the slug looks like a long tube, from upper left to lower right, with an indigo background. It has a bit of machinery below it. On the Empire ships, the slug looks similar, but the machinery isn't there, and it's a red background. The ion cannons share the backgrounds, but they are very boxxy. The plasmas kinda look like little Vs or whatever.

This is the "secondary weapon" icon, normally your rightmost icon.

On the cartel ships, the icon never changes- a display bug related to the fact that there's only one graphic for each cartel ship, and the devs are lazy. This is a pretty real nerf to these ships, and if you are ever playing with two railguns it can be an issue.

If you happen to be playing with plasma and another railgun, you can tell because the railgun circle is bigger with plasma. But that's not a good reason to use plasma.