What are you pet peeves in this game?

Lundorff

For me is people who thinks they know how to run KDY and won't listen to advice. For years I have always used KDY as the sole FP for leveling up, so at this point I must have run it several hundred times and been at 100% for years. When someone goes the wrong way or begins attacking random and wont listen to advice.... ugh... I simply exit then and there rather than increase my blood pressure :D

So, what minor issue gets you going?

Mostly it's Ops Groupfinder issues that I find as mild annoyances.

We're allowed to build our group, select our teammates, and queue as a team. But if somebody drops, we're not allowed to invite a replacement. Instead, Groupfinder bugs out, so we have to trade leader around hoping that somebody else can queue us. Then, when we do queue, any replacement cannot be invited directly and instead has to also random queue. And then, if it does work and we manage to get our replacement, the Ops Chat will be bugged for the replacement and they will not be able to speak to the rest of the group. And the sad thing is, we could leave as an entire group back to fleet, invite someone in, and then return with a lockout that will let us start right where we left off. So why are there so many hoops to jump through and bugs to deal with, when ultimately we should just be able to invite a darn friend.

People in pvp, especially lowbie, who throw tantrums if we're not winning but don't know how to play themselves. Excuse me if I can't carry your 0.5k dps doing butt through this warzone against much better players, now please shut up about how it's everyone else's fault but yours that we're losing. Thankfully I haven't seen any of these peoples for a while...

Note that I don't mind new players and I don't expect a level 10 to actually do much damage -- basic manners would just be appreciated.

Oh dear, where do I start?

Fairly small maps with little requirement or incentive to explore, and no ability for player built settlements or towns.

pointlessness of multi seat speeders with no option for passengers. (how immersive would it feel as a group to pile into the same speeder and jet of to the objective?) Not even your companions sitting in the passenger seat.

Piloting, nothing beats sitting down in the pilots seat and having a galaxy laid out before you.

Now I'm sad, I miss Star Wars Galaxies. :(

I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone complains about a "bug" and throws a tantrum about it in gen chat and then proceeds to call whoever tells them it isn't a bug and how to do it right derogatory names.

For example, the DK heroic where you have to get the tablets and take them to the cave. Countless times people won't realize you have to go into your mission inventory and activate the tablets in the correct order, so they'll sit there and complain about it being bugged. Countless times I've told those people what to do and that it wasn't bugged and they went off on me saying they've been playing this game years and never had to do that before... riiiiight. OR the Chapter XIII "bug" where you have to kill 12 gang members for the bonus mission. People constantly complain that there isn't enough enemies to complete it and that they've searched EVERYWHERE... except they didn't because if they did they'd have gone over to the area that you start the mission in and find about 5-6 more gang members just hanging out but you can't tell them that! Nope!

That's what bothers me most at least. Fleet chat, instigators, and people who beg for credits also get on my nerves but ignore works for that just fine.

In pvp when people call inc on a node falsely so that when you get there they just leave. Like seriously why did you come here in the first place. Or people that don’t call thinking they can handle it. Then die then call it right as they cap it and are like *** I called.......

Biggest pet peeve of mine would probably be the Group Finder system. Tactical Flashpoint availability should unlock as you level up. A lvl 15 should not be allowed to do Blood Hunt for an example. Even with bolster, some one who is less than lvl 65 is not their role yet. I can't tell you how many times I've ran with a lowbie Tank who storms into battle when no one is ready, dies a few seconds later and forces me to take the brunt of the agro afterwards.

The smuggler's ship droid introduces himself ...but...it's the smuggler's ship...he should already know the droid.

The lamp posts outside of the Jedi Temple on Tython do not touch the ground. Not even close.

Darth Marr unrecoverable without replaying and hanging onto The Hunt.

Supporting the organization you belong to would seem to be a good thing... unless you're Imp... then it's evil.

I can't play Ortalans, Jawas, Bith, Nautolans, and about 150 other species.

There is no way to save/load a combat proficiency config that would save time when respeccing (so I don't bother).

As a guild leader, can't send an email with a To: to "Guild" and have it go to all members.

Hood up/hood down/hood all-around. With certain vendor legacy gear on fleet, you can force some hoods away.

Lack of a third faction independently supporting smuggler/bounty hunter.

The fact that several of the splash screen messages have been obsolete for years and never updated.

Can't set ambient occlusion (enhanced shadows) in-game without creating moires (I can do it via nvidia Inspector).

Heroics not walled off so they're being swarmed by 20 people simultaneously (Bonus on Face Merchants, etc.).

Having to support and maintain 2 guilds for 1 player population because imp and pub guilds must remain separate.

No crew member beds on the Jedi Defender. Go look. There's a Captain's bed only, and T7 already claimed that.

No SSRs for original story companions.

Lack of facial sliders in character creation forces us to have (essentially) the same face as every 5th person we pass.

We need BT5 for females (basically a woman's head on Darth Baras's body). Why should only men be chubby?

Can't apply wrinkle effects to faces during character creation as appear on NPCs.

Droid comps can't craft.

Having to go through class story to acquire a space ship. I get to the Gnarls on Tython, boom, starship vendor there.

Lightsabers, as depicted in the movies, are extremely powerful, cutting through rocks. Ours are rubber billy sticks.

Orbital space ports. If I just want to get to the planet's surface, shouldn't have to slog through unnecessary zones.

All of the different pieces of the covert energy set should be in one armor set box, not scattered across multiple.

Crate up everything so that brand new character inventories aren't inundated to the point of "inventory full".

Inability to abandon quests I'll never do. I'm looking at you, Illum.

No way to tell on the GTN whether CM gear is already in my collection without rolling over the items or remembering.

Tool tips, when first instantiated, are off-screen or in weird places. Second use, they're positioned correctly.

My consular on Taris blasts open thick metal doors, but my inquisitor on Korriban needs Khem to break a rock wall.

Unable to summon a portable modding station when in an op and I can't leave and I got a new drop for legacy slots.

No day/night rotation or weather variation anywhere. If it's dry, it stays dry, if it rains, it's always raining.

No metallic or pearlescent armor dyes.

Armor dyes should be extractable like other mods (but EA bean counters wouldn't like the revenue write-down).

Can't give our class starships new paintjobs. That Defender's looking kind of skanky. Can't we at least paint it?

No way to place items on the z axis in a stronghold. Everything's stuck in an x-y plane on a deco hook.

Need more variety (in terms of species) for dancers. Male ratatakki dancers, anyone?

Cartel certificate purchases such as the twi'lek dancers and senator rugs are beyond stupid in terms of accessibility.

Can't launch multiple instances of the game to log in multiple accounts. Multiple boxes or virtualization only.

Can't fly ships over a planet's surface, we're stuck to the ground (Everquest II has flying mounts, so why not here?).

And I'm sure there's more.

Mostly it's Ops Groupfinder issues that I find as mild annoyances.

We're allowed to build our group, select our teammates, and queue as a team. But if somebody drops, we're not allowed to invite a replacement. Instead, Groupfinder bugs out, so we have to trade leader around hoping that somebody else can queue us. Then, when we do queue, any replacement cannot be invited directly and instead has to also random queue. And then, if it does work and we manage to get our replacement, the Ops Chat will be bugged for the replacement and they will not be able to speak to the rest of the group. And the sad thing is, we could leave as an entire group back to fleet, invite someone in, and then return with a lockout that will let us start right where we left off. So why are there so many hoops to jump through and bugs to deal with, when ultimately we should just be able to invite a darn friend.

Wow I haven't played in a few months, they still haven't fixed that bug? That's a damn shame, but yeah, you should have some way to prioritize your friends over in the queue, I've had randoms pop in in the DPS spot when I had asked for a friend to queue.

Biggest pet peeve of mine would probably be the Group Finder system. Tactical Flashpoint availability should unlock as you level up. A lvl 15 should not be allowed to do Blood Hunt for an example. Even with bolster, some one who is less than lvl 65 is not their role yet. I can't tell you how many times I've ran with a lowbie Tank who storms into battle when no one is ready, dies a few seconds later and forces me to take the brunt of the agro afterwards.

Agreed, that and some boss fights are a pain with 4 DPS, they either need to rework some of the mechanics or do something. Heck Red Reaper is a pain to get through with 4 DPS thanks to the adds.

Though my biggest pet peeve is when I'm tanking and someone pulls anything before me, be it the adds or the boss, mistakes happen and I get it but when someone insists on doing it especially if I ask them politely not to it's really annoying.

Well to be truthful even lv 65/70 tanks can storm into battle when no one is ready so that is not a level thing, it is lack of courtesy or not knowing how to play in groups.

Biggest pet peeve of mine would probably be the Group Finder system. Tactical Flashpoint availability should unlock as you level up. A lvl 15 should not be allowed to do Blood Hunt for an example. ...

I agree but from the other side. Shortly after a long hiatus, returned to the game, restarted a toon, was between lvl 10 and 15, went to the fleet and took the intro quest "Introduction to Group Finder" and it put me in a group to a high level FP. I didn't know what to do, my class abilities were not unlocked, it was a disaster, and I felt bad because I ruined it for everyone else. All I wanted was a group to do Flashpoint: Black Talon. To make a long story short the very same thing happened the next time I tried it, so I dropped group and now will only do solo FPs. Yeah it's a Pet Peeve.

- Ninjas.

- Duel spammers.

- Bugs that have been in the game forever that never seem to be patched. I will not even play the Imperial Agent story again because the story had something like five bugs that required Customer Service to fix. There's a scene I've never seen in the Sith Warrior story because of the same issue; the only way to get past it is customer service intervention.

In KOTFE the Star Fortresses have been bugged forever (disappearing companions; grapples that don't work for every character), the romance bugs if the game is patched before you finish Chapter 9, and they never seem to get around to fixing it. I have characters who have cleared every one of the SF ground shields and are perfectly capable of finishing the FP, but cannot because they can't get past the bugged grapples.

And Makeb can't even load on one of my characters.

- Story content tied to Ops/Ops that cannot be abandoned and sit in your mission log (*cough* Iokath Oricon)

- People who act skeevy toward female players or people with female characters

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Grade 7 ship parts that says I unlocked in collections yet aren't in collections.
  • Removal of all old orange shells from flashpoints and story missions.
  • Wasted cargo and legacy storage space of "currency" items that should just be in the currency window and bind to legacy.

Edited by Nightblazer

- Lack of a hood toggle or covert helmet. So many great chests are ruined by hideous hoods. Twi'leks & Togrutas are only a fraction of my characters & companions. The art assets for hoodless versions are all in game. The mechanics are in game. Why is this not a thing yet? I'm sure they could charge a pretty penny for it on the CM!

- Character creation linking things like eyebrows and complexions together. We could have so much more freedom if those were all separate options! And give more options to all of the species.

- The lack of a "collect all" button for titles, emotes, pet, mounts & flairs. Add to that the way titles and emotes don't properly gray out when you learn them, keeping old characters up to date is an unnecessary challenge.

- Armor sets in collections that have useless mods so they can't be unlocked for the account. These are classic sets and chests that I really want to have account wide! Let us unlock empty shells for them for goodness sakes. More money left on the table Bioware!

- Centerpiece & starship deco hooks not having more arrangement options. They really need to overlay with smaller hooks in different formats. Add to that all of the decos that could easily fit on smaller hooks but aren't given the option.

- Default Vector & Scourge STILL not able to wear skin baring clothing. There are literally dozens of outfits they can't wear without metallic unitards & bras showing up underneath. Is it really so hard to give them a proper body skin? It's not like they have unique meshes or anything.

- Quinn & Elara not using their customizations during Iokath. Every other returning companion gets their customization when they are reintroduced. Sloppy work.

Pet peeve?

Currently mine is the fact that currently the remaining issues with conquest are being totally ignored despite the fact it ran many subscribing customers away and is strongly annoying many of left.

This. I haven't seen anything asking for additional feedback following the last round of changes. I also have yet to see anything even acknowledging (much less addressing) the unannounced and undocumented changes to dark project and war supplies crafting.

I get annoyed when someone in a losing WZ tells everyone to come and dance on the side node, giving up. Then when they get demolished by the enemy it's funny but equally annoying because I hate to lose.

I also hate when I go guard a node, and tell everyone, "hey I am going to guard relic" and some idiot follows along side with me. Once it's secured, they then stand there with me, that annoys me. Then, when I leave, they leave it too. that's even more annoying.

I hate when I am healing a team in a WZ, and it's apparent right off the bat our DPS is total crap, by how fast the other team eviscerates them, and then someone on my crap team says, "do we not have heals!?" At the end of the match I healed fine, and our top dps eeked out 800dps while the enemy had 4 top dps all doing over 3k dps each. Yeah, it was the healers fault your dps was so bad. :D

I get annoyed when someone in regs tells people they need to get better gears and then abruptly leave the match. That annoys me.

I get annoyed when the match is close, and when the enemy gets 2 nodes to our 1 we have 2-4 people quit the match.

I get annoyed when in huttball, no one runs ahead of me while I carry the ball so I cannot pass ahead to anyone, that really annoys me.

I get annoyed in huttball when someone runs ahead of me, but instead of stopping across the bridge they keep running ahead so i have no way to pass to them, then I get kicked into the fire, pulled into the fire, or stunned in the fire as I try to cross the bridge, that really annoys me.

Wow some of these pet peeves are what I call major peeves.

however my pet peeves are

Trooper's assault cannon WAY too big to be realistic.

If I'm wearing robes my butt shows through when riding speeder and random other times

Simple typos that have not been fixed in eons. "Suvey" droid on Ziost I know its been reported at least a few times by players.

Getting mail but alas its from a gold seller

Can't sleep/sit on chairs beds on my ships

More character options species/looks

Ninjas

Folks too good to help

Edited by LeMage
typo

When I try to help a newb in gen chat who asks a general question and some random who hasn't been helping previously chimes in to argue semantics with my advice or when all I'm doing is trying to elicit the real problem to give better advice. If you don't know the answer or whatever you're going to say isn't helping with the problem--SHUT UP!

Now I just whisper to people asking questions. So, at least I help that one guy, but if anyone else happened to have that same question in gen chat, they're not gonna see anything about the solution.

Gameplay-wise, it is a big pet-peeve for me that our companions' mouths don't move and they are removed from your ship if you pull them from an Alliance Alert. If you pull them from the terminal five minutes before the Alert, their mouths move and they will be on your ship. The moment you do the Alert, they have invisible stitches over their mouths and they are spaced from your ship. What could possibly have happened during the programming of the Alerts that the latter results were necessary?

(Recently I have learned that sometimes the companions' mouths will move when you summon them or they come back from a crew skill, but if you click on them after that moment they go back to being motionless.)

People in pvp, especially lowbie, who throw tantrums if we're not winning but don't know how to play themselves. Excuse me if I can't carry your 0.5k dps doing butt through this warzone against much better players, now please shut up about how it's everyone else's fault but yours that we're losing. Thankfully I haven't seen any of these peoples for a while...

Note that I don't mind new players and I don't expect a level 10 to actually do much damage -- basic manners would just be appreciated.

This!

They're still around. There's one on SS who is particularly toxic and abusive to his team, EVEN WHEN WINNING. Then when we do win, he takes all the credit, even though he is ALWAYS at the bottom of the scorecard (even objectives; he is NOT helping at all).

It's even more galling because he doesn't at least leave like quick-quitters do, so at least a random backfiller can get in on the win. He gets to sit there in the corner screaming at everyone AND get the win, and feel like that validates him being a total ******* to everyone.