How to level fast at 39-50

RuthlessKiller

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so I just dumped it here. I'm currently playing a level 39 Sith Warrior, but my story quests are at lvl 41 now. I've done most of the Hoth side quests, and all of the Quesh ones that I saw. I'm going to go back and do some more of Hoth, but I doubt the few remaining missions will be sufficient to help me gain two levels. I have tried PvP before, and I never seemed to get much from it. Should I just keep PvPing, or do you guys know of any other ways to level up relatively quickly?

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so I just dumped it here. I'm currently playing a level 39 Sith Warrior, but my story quests are at lvl 41 now. I've done most of the Hoth side quests, and all of the Quesh ones that I saw. I'm going to go back and do some more of Hoth, but I doubt the few remaining missions will be sufficient to help me gain two levels. I have tried PvP before, and I never seemed to get much from it. Should I just keep PvPing, or do you guys know of any other ways to level up relatively quickly?

Bonus quest series on most planets should get you the difference. The legacy mission exp unlock (up to 30% per type) and a few warzones won't go amiss.

To be honest, I leveled to 50 on my first character before I hit Ilum, just by doing the normal storyline + bonus quests. I don't see why you're having such a problem with it, as it's easy to over-level.

Edited by Harsisus

With bonus quests and doing (almost) all heroics, I hit 50 long before Corellia. The XP is out there. Granted, this is with rest XP included, so sometimes a little bit of patience helps. There are of course now also XP boosts if one so desires to spend Cartel Coins.

I have leveled 4x 50's and I'm currently working on the next, a level 45 juggernaut. I'm strictly a PVPer, so I can't comment on doing daily flashpoints or anything like that, but I have found the FASTEST way to level is to just do the class quests and misc side quests on the planets. This is also the most grueling way to grind, I find, but it is the fastest.

Doing the Dailies (pvp, flashpoints, etc) will give you some good bonus experience, but I wouldn't waste time doing more, once you finish the dailies. Just go back to the grind on the planets again.

Edited by SOULCASTER

People already mentioned flashpoints; there is one in your range with non-crap XP at 39.

Other things to consider: Exploration, Flashpoint and Class Mission legacy XP perks. Also make sure you're logging out in a cantina, fleet, or ship to get the most rested XP you can. And think about picking up a 5 pack of the major XP buffs off the cartel market. All those things add up, and can help a lot with keeping you on level or over level rather than falling behind, if you're focusing on getting to 50 quickly. They'll also help make your catch-up time to get back on level as short as possible.

Space missions. They are about 5 minutes each. You can do a bunch if not all of them in an hour and get alot of xp and credits. Just keep your ship as geared as possible. Only do the ones that are green or yellow for xp. The gray ones only give 5 xp. I do all of the ones in my level every day and am always over the lvl I need to be. And warzones...

Space missions. They are about 5 minutes each. You can do a bunch if not all of them in an hour and get alot of xp and credits. Just keep your ship as geared as possible. Only do the ones that are green or yellow for xp. The gray ones only give 5 xp. I do all of the ones in my level every day and am always over the lvl I need to be. And warzones...

This.

When grinding characters I do the following:

1. Class Missions
  2. Planetary Missions
  3. Flashpoints (thanks to Group Finder for making this much easier)
  4. Warzones
  5. Occasional Side Missions (typically only those when first landing on the planet)
  6. Space Missions - they're fun to do on the side, but can be a credit sink if you're not careful

Yeah, you must of missed a few bonus series, because if you do those, and all the bonuses you come across in missions, you know the ones, where you kill 8/10 whatever number of stuff while youre there, you have a hard time not over-leveling.

I usually ding 50 on voss, and thats without doing any space missions, or any pvp.

Sometimes, I'll do a couple of flashpoints, and I usually try and do most of the heroics on each planet.

In summery, the only way you'll end up under-leveled, is by skipping content.

I think for Empire there's a level 36 bonus series on Taris. It would still (I assume) con at least green at 40th, so go back to it.

This page has a list of the bonus series and what level they are, along with a notation of minimum level you can take them.

http://db.darthhater.com/quests/?filters=200=bonus%20series#quests:0+2+1

It's not a lot of EXP, but gaining favor with your followers does trigger conversations and with some an occasional small quest that can give EXP. Again not a lot, and I'm sure you know this but I'll mention it just in case.