*SPOILERS* Anyone Else Feel Satele Should Be Force Severed and Excommunicated?

pyro_princess

That's actually what I was expecting them to do, but then I realized that if that were the case, Bioware was basically breaking the 4th wall at the end of the 9th chapter when they show Marr and Satele off in the distance on Odessan watching the Alliance build their base and Marr says "It's too bad so many of them will have to die".

Maybe in the next xpac, they'll just have the PC wake up one day and realize everything in KotFE and Kotet was just a bad dream. lol

Not just KotFE and KotET. SoR and Ziost too. These were all just a bad dream, and the 8 class stories pick up right after Makeb. :)

:(

• 3 weeks later...
. She has a history of going against the Jedi Code in almost all aspects of her life. She fell in love. She had sex. She gave birth to a child.

Newflash; almost every notable Jedi has broken the code at least once. Some of them multiple times. And the last two aren't even against the Code. See my sig.

Edited by Stncold

Good luck trying to excommunicate the grand master of the jedi order. that'd be like the catholic church excommunicating the pope.

during the middle ages there were popes and antipopes who DID excommunicate each other... :rak_01:

Force severing? No.

Although based on the scene on where she is when you give the "speech", she's back on Coruscant trying to help in the reconstruction effort. Which is, I think, a positive effort.

It's sad how many of the great non-player characters that were built up in pre-release material have all been brought to low points during the actual game.

Revan - obviously

Satele - as discussed above

Emperor - liked the treatment in class stories and probably would have let him end there to facilitate:

Malgus - although great build up in game, to have him simply die in an level 50 flashpoint at launch was too early

Jace Malcolm - so inconsistently used

Niko - yep, almost forgot he was even in the game. "make me a drink" questline was so epic!

And then all the characters from novels/comics/website that were never even used. Sigh

It's sad how many of the great non-player characters that were built up in pre-release material have all been brought to low points during the actual game.

Revan - obviously

Satele - as discussed above

Emperor - liked the treatment in class stories and probably would have let him end there to facilitate:

Malgus - although great build up in game, to have him simply die in an level 50 flashpoint at launch was too early

Jace Malcolm - so inconsistently used

Niko - yep, almost forgot he was even in the game. "make me a drink" questline was so epic!

And then all the characters from novels/comics/website that were never even used. Sigh

Sorry, but Satele always was trash

Satele was embedded in a cult that eschewed attachment, love and emotion. If she didn't have a "normal" response to things, it's because she wouldn't have (the same as how Obi-Wan ans Yoda saw absolutely no moral quandary with trying to manipulate Luke to kill his father without revealing their family link...the attachment didn't matter to them and they didn't see any need to bring up the emotional motivations that Anakin/Vader had for joining the Dark Side).

If Theron had been Force-sensitive - which, IIRC, is what they were originally hoping - leaving him with Master Z would have been the perfect plan. He would have been raised to be a Jedi, he would have been in the Order, and Satele could have watched over him and interacted with him closely, all without violating the Jedi Code.

I don't think she should be Force-severed - as someone else said, that's for someone like Valkorion or Vaylin. However, it drives me nuts that in KOTFE/KOTET she doesn't pitch in more. Yes, she trains and guides the Outlander for that one night, but the Alliance probably really could have used her help training their Force-sensitives, and nope, she was just going to camp in the woods. Not to mention that since she was outside the Jedi Order, and had reached a point where she realized that dogmatic adherence to the Jedi Code wasn't the best idea, she could have reached out to Theron at that point.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I really think the writers just wanted a "Yoda trains Luke" chapter without giving deep consideration to what it means for Satele's relationship with most other characters. It may not reflect well on Satele that she withdraws from the galactic struggle (in which she clearly fought for a long time) but that doesn't exactly reflect well on Yoda either and his training of Luke is still a beloved Star Wars staple. Edited by Estelindis