To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputations are being called into question

Enexemander

Hello guys, and greetings from PoT5.

Like many pvp players, I tend to watch a good amount of pvp videos. I see you guys play regularly and I consider you to be top ranked players.

Well, let me get to the crux of the issue: I have seen that you both use lethality snipers in ranked games. For whatever reason, that decision is being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.

Please see this thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393 .

I realize that this is somewhat silly, but I feel that some people are doing a disservice to the community with the spreading of misinformation. If you could, would you please post in the thread why you find speccing into lethality for certain warzones to be a useful addition.

Thank you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone on your server just start playing yesterday? Lethality is amazing for ranked.

I'm aware, and the person in question is actually from the Red Eclipse server. I suppose NoTomorrow considers himself the absolute authority on all things sniper. He straight up made the analogy that using a lethality sniper in ranked is like using an Advanced Prototype Pyrotech.

Like many pvp players, I tend to watch a good amount of pvp videos. I see you guys play regularly and I consider you to be top ranked players.

Well, let me get to the crux of the issue: I have seen that you both use lethality snipers in ranked games. For whatever reason, that decision is being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.

Please see this thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393 .

I realize that this is somewhat silly, but I feel that some people are doing a disservice to the community with the spreading of misinformation. If you could, would you please post in the thread why you find speccing into lethality for certain warzones to be a useful addition.

Thank you.

Why are our reputations being called into question if we use lethality? Why isn't Hey im mvp's reputation being called into question as well? They use lethality snipers as well.

Not sure why using lethality is a bad thing, enlighten me.

Lethality sniper's bring a lot of burst and pressure to the healers ... if you don't think so then ****.....engineer/sab is good yes but for how we play on this server lethality is more viable... with the team comps we run but all 3 specs are really good Edited by sithloardbob

Lethality sniper's bring a lot of burst... if you don't think so then ****.....engineer/sab is good yes but for how we play on this server lethality is more viable... with the team comps we run but all 3 specs are really good

Sab is decent if played properly, but at the same time extremely easy to avoid. Sharpshooter is just no, white damage in ranked and even in regs is just poop.

Sab is decent if played properly, but at the same time extremely easy to avoid. Sharpshooter is just no, white damage in ranked and even in regs is just poop.

Idk why ppl hate on SS, it's got amazing burst. Unless you're focusing tanks, the fact that it's white dmg doesn't really matter (are combat sentinels' also poop?)

Lethality is the best spec in at least 3/5 of the maps. Simple as that. People who think lethality is trash are either ignorant to the class/spec or just bad players who dont understand the game. Players who allow engineering to get done what it is trying to do are tards. If youre playing against tards (which is probably 95%+ of the community so I guess engineering is best in regs and rateds on most servers) then spec engineering. If you have competent opponents, lethality is best. MM is a joke past lvl 49 and anyone pvping with that spec needs to research and test the other two. Edited by LegendaryQuan

Not going to reply to NoTomorrow's rant in the other thread because he's clearly too closed-minded to understand why lethality is useful. Sniper is a well-designed class--all 3 trees are good in different situations, depending on comp and map.

I'll say this though: lethality shouldn't be considered a DoT spec. It's a back-loaded burst spec, and the only way to do more damage than cull in a 3 second window is gored ravage. Cull happens every 9 seconds, the DoTs in between are just filler to apply pressure and to keep healers busy.

Anybody who says marksman is better at burst is misinformed. Marksman's strength is its ability to target switch instantly with a front-loaded burst sequence. If you coordinate cull with CC at the right times, marksman burst won't come close to lethality's.

Neither spec is "better" than the other and both are viable in RWZs. It's all relative.

Why is someone's skill tree matter, if your team wins who cares what people think about it.

This whole ego about what guilds do to win in the comp they choose is nonsense, I think alot of jealous haters can't get a grip and try to stir unwanted drama.

So what now Lethal snipers is unskilled or unjust to play because someone thinks it sucks or is too op?

Give me a break, OP go back to PO5.

Why is someone's skill tree matter, if your team wins who cares what people think about it.

This whole ego about what guilds do to win in the comp they choose is nonsense, I think alot of jealous haters can't get a grip and try to stir unwanted drama.

So what now Lethal snipers is unskilled or unjust to play because someone thinks it sucks or is too op?

Go back to PO5, k thanks.

lol That thread got too hairy too fast XD. I think it's safe to say there are different ways of playing the class.. He is probably defending his stance (NoTomorrow) that way because of his server's RWZ environment (which is different from The Bastion's RWZ environment).

On the off times I PVP "solo q regular warzones" on my server, I can play Hybrid just fine and enjoy every 30 seconds when my Explosive Probe is up. (NoTomorrow is hugely against the Hybrid spec in WZs, Rated or not).

Take note of the "quotation marks" and colored text. His server, my server. Different context coming from different backgrounds. Until his team faces off the best RWZ teams from The Bastion, all we can have right now is this forum PvP.

Edited by paowee

Give me a break, OP go back to PO5.

Buddy I think you understood the OP in the wrong way. Or, well at least, i think your antagonized response is a tad bit uncalled for >_<. He is just looking for the opinion of top RWZ players from The Bastion because there has been a heated debate in the PvP forums regarding Sniper specs for high end RWZ play particularly revolving around the topic, Lethality and Lethality/Enginerring Hybrid in RWZs, if you run it, you're doing it wrong.

Page 3 of 5 http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393&page=3

While reading through it, some people actually go as far as implying that Lethality is TRASH in high end RWZ play. Perhaps you guys can shed some Bastion light into the topic?

If not, this is fine as well:

Not going to reply to NoTomorrow's rant in the other thread because he's clearly too closed-minded to understand why lethality is useful. Sniper is a well-designed class--all 3 trees are good in different situations, depending on comp and map.

:rolleyes::confused::p

Edited by paowee

And also I think Exemender is here, looking for some back up because NoTomorrow has a guide on the Sniper forums (although not stickied) discussing lengthily HIS style of playing the Sniper. It is very comprehensive and people who are new to Snipers and are looking to PvP might read his guide and think of it "canon." Whether his points are good, bad or the undeniable truth depends on.. well definitely not me.

So here we have...

NoTomorrow's Sniper comprehensive PVP guide vs a guy going AGAINST it because he has been watching pvp streams of The Bastion's top RWZ Guilds. Both have opposite views regarding Lethality and Hybrid spec in pvp.

I know I know.. It "shouldn't" be that big of a deal.. i mean, why spend time arguing with somebody on the forums about PvP when you are never going to face them right?

NoTomorrow's guide http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5627077

Edited by paowee

Did everyone on your server just start playing yesterday? Lethality is amazing for ranked.

The post is in the PVP FORUMS, and NoTomorrow is from Red Eclipse. The OP is from POT5.

The OP knows that lethality is amazing in ranked. NoTomorrow and a bunch of other people in that thread do not and are questioning The Bastion and their Snipers. It is also important to note that the above person has a comprehensive and very popular pvp guide on the forums. The OP is going against this guide (regarding Lethality and Hybrid being VIABLE in RWZ high end play). And when the OP cited in the thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393&page=3 that The BAstion top RWZ guilds DO in fact use Lethality and Hybrid, this occured:

being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.
Edited by paowee

Buddy I think you understood the OP in the wrong way. Or, well at least, i think your antagonized response is a tad bit uncalled for >_<.

I understand the title of the thread,

"To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputation are being called to question"

OP goes on and says this,

For whatever reason, that decision is being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.

I find this ^ to be trolling as well as calling two guilds going into Lethal garbage, aka OP is trash talking for some odd reason and is stirring a pot of whatever you want to call it.

I don't beat around the bush or think the intentions of the OP are genuine or polite.

To be honest, who careZ what tree a sniper goes into, why should it matter?

Do the PvP gods look down upon a Lethal sniper or something?

Is Lethal Sniper in the same category as bubble/stun now?

Does anyone know where waldo is?

Edited by Caeliux

I understand the title of the thread,

"To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputation are being called to question"

OP goes on and says this,

I find this ^ to be trolling as well as calling two guilds going into Lethal garbage, aka OP is trash talking for some odd reason and is stirring a pot of whatever you want to call it.

Yeah ultimately I find the topic silly as well, I've read the main thread in the PVP forums. The problem is when opinion is being spread as truth, and the person doing it is parading and gathering a strong following. I don't really mind it that much but mehh :confused::mad::eek:

To be honest, who careZ what tree a sniper goes into, why should it matter?

Do the PvP gods look down upon a Lethal sniper or something?

is stirring a pot of whatever you want to call it.

to the OP: i've no problems with NoTomorrow. When questioned he did start to become too defensive .. or aggressive in that thread. Quite :( especially for someone who has a following on the sniper forums. People do listen to what he has to say regarding anything Sniper PvP but like someone above already said, he seems to too close-minded to accept that fact that there are successful ways of playing sniper pvp other than his own. And other people are starting to believe it too. But

To be honest, who careZ
Edited by paowee

First of all, these guilds don't have many "Elite" players. The original Synergy was from The Maw, and they were terribad there. Then they came to The Bastion, and still struggled. Only with the fall of Bad Company and Don't Panic, did Synergy finally get players that can be reliable in PvP.

First of all, these guilds don't have many "Elite" players. The original Synergy was from The Maw, and they were terribad there. Then they came to The Bastion, and still struggled. Only with the fall of Bad Company and Don't Panic, did Synergy finally get players that can be reliable in PvP.

Ummm well http://stonedlizard.com/images/2012/06/30/you-got-punkd.jpg

Edited by Caeliux

Haven't people been leaving Synergy for Crescendo anyways? Saw Onassis with a Crescendo tag earlier today.

I wouldnt sya they were "terribad". They were decent. Not as good as Mawstars or Warpath but still a decent guild with a few good players. You were right when you called out lords of war for claiming they dominated on the maw because they have always been bads. But synergy premades werent on the level of lords of war or into the darkness premades. They actually won enough of the time. who are you? animalmother or no?

Synergy is close to being real strong imo. Just need to replace a few players that they run with. Should b obvious to their strong players who need to sit on the bench.