Use of the word Alien?

Metaphasic

Was the word Alien ever actually used in the movies or novels? I can't recall at this early hour of the day. I was just wondering though, because it seems that in such a world where the races are diverse and all are in plenty supply, who could really term another race as alien, unless they strictly meant 'not indigenous'. The use of the word just seems very specist to me, at least, as it's used in the game. Nothing I'd really stress over, but it did get me to thinking.

Was the word Alien ever actually used in the movies or novels? I can't recall at this early hour of the day. I was just wondering though, because it seems that in such a world where the races are diverse and all are in plenty supply, who could really term another race as alien, unless they strictly meant 'not indigenous'. The use of the word just seems very specist to me, at least, as it's used in the game. Nothing I'd really stress over, but it did get me to thinking.

I thin alien is used mostly either as "not indigenous" or as "not of my species". I seem to remember some non-human NPC calling me or the EMpire/Republic "alien".

Alien almost univocally refer to non-Human. In the context of the Empire as presented in SWTOR, I would say that it refers to non-Human/non-Sith (species).

Don't let the linguistic origins and it's factual meaning within the English language confuse you. Contextually, it's used very differently in Star Wars.

Most of the time, alien is used by Human characters for any other species. Members of other species in turn often refer to Human characters as "Human". You could rationalise it and come up with theories... but as Humans ourselves, it is one of these things that are direct and easily understood by the audience. And instead of investing in recording dialogue for every single species out there, the use of a general term makes more sense on Bioware's behalf.

I don't really understand this Sith Empires problem with "aliens" (meaning non-human, non-pureblood races). The Galactic Empire, i get as Palatine used them as scapegoats for the fall of the Republic, espeically the Jedi as most of the order is non-human.

but this Empire...*shakes head* just doesn't make sense.

I don't really understand this Sith Empires problem with "aliens" (meaning non-human, non-pureblood races). The Galactic Empire, i get as Palatine used them as scapegoats for the fall of the Republic, espeically the Jedi as most of the order is non-human.

but this Empire...*shakes head* just doesn't make sense.

Because they see other species than humans and sith as lesser creatures. Just think of america and the slaves ;)

The Empire is legally rascist; there's a widespread belief that Sith blood (carried exclusively, pretty much, by pureblood Sith and mixed-blood humans) is the source of their force abilities, a belief supported by the fact that everybody who has the whole redskin thing going on is force sensitive at least.

It's also complete BS, since the founders of the Sith Empire were human Dark Jedi conquistadors, with the conquered Sith as their slaves.

The Republic race relations are a lot more like the modern US, where human racial supremacy was the law of the land for thousands of years when the Pius Dea movement controlled the Republic. And while Pius Dea and its Crusades haven't been government policy for millenia, humans are still the upper crust of an astonishing amount of the galaxy, their language is probably the most widely spoken, and their probable homeworld is the capital of the Republic.

A whole lot of folks (human and non) regard humans as the norm, an idea that tends to get support since there are races, such as the Chiss and Miraluka, which actually are offshoots of humanity. And then there's the fact that humans are, if not a majority, certainly a plurality of the known galaxy's inhabitants.

Because America is the only country to ever make use of slave labor.

... lawl.

history lesson. Most of the slaves brought to America, they were BOUGHT from Africa. Not enslaved by us then brought to the united states, they were bought.

Some from Africa, some from England, I believe a few other places as well but i can't speak for it.

Just saiyen.

history lesson. Most of the slaves brought to America, they were BOUGHT from Africa. Not enslaved by us then brought to the united states, they were bought.

Some from Africa, some from England, I believe a few other places as well but i can't speak for it.

Just saiyen.

OT: And it was a continuation of the much older arabic slave trade which some would argue continues to this day, tough they took slaves from africa, india, europe (from all so called infidels), though because they castrated at least the african slaves there is no african diaspora in the muslim world today. It's much easier to just blame the americans.

Ontopic: I was a bit flabbergasted by the word alien in this game, though I understand why BW made use of it it just feels or sounds wrong, to the sith are the humans of the republic aliens or does it refer to everyone BUT humans? And what about in the republic are the sith considered alien? Are the sith/human mix alien because they're not PURE human?