Crafting Profits with 12xexp

Daxy

Last 12xexp I made great profits from cybertech (not even playing game just crafting armorings [because 7comms from vendor] and listing on 1 toon) crafting in "the range of the last purchase" before makeb and freebie oricon gear

I haven't really tried test the new markets but how are other crafters doing?

The thing I am having trouble deciphering atm is- who am I crafting for?

Usually i ask myself what I would I be willing to spend credits on but l am having trouble relating to other players

I really don't do any max level pve- no tacticals, hm's, or ops (which is why I don't understand why peeps were always buying my max level cybertech mods at 65k apiece but I sold them anyway- for example)

I'm not hurting for credits but crafting for profits is one of the parts of a mmo that I keep logging on for and I can't but help thinking that things will be dicey for awhile

PS

(In reality my customers are those peeps who somehow got enough credits to buy my stuff but lack any self control or discipline or desire to get things on his own- the impulsive lot seems to be my target customer)

The obvious problem this time is that class quests give four times the normal number of basic comms, so people are drowning in the damned things. That will impact your market, unfortunately.

This is what I think, however, the total noobs were never my customers because they don't have any money

What I am doing personally with 12xexp this time is parking toons so I can pvp with them

(One of my markets was selling purple 29's at 60k plus) because I knew some veterans would want some purps at the max lowbie pvp level- I have to think some are still gonna do this)

The other market that is getting deluged with derp is the level 15 stronghold quest that gives all the decos of which my newblets could make a couple hundred k listing those- I looked yesterday and many items were listed at derp discount of 450 creeds for the legacy storage

I'm sure something will appear out of the chaos but I'm going to lay low for a bit and let some dust settle

Right ... last 12xp Cybertech was great, I sold a lot of green mods :)

Now ... nothing, because nobody needs it. My newest toon is on lvl 20 and has ca. 180 comms = modifications for 3 or 4 complete armour sets. No need to buy anything for credits.

Exactly.

I agree with most of the above and believe this is Very bad for the market mainly because 1) people level up like Crazy so as far as low to mid Lvl characters go they wont stick around to buy much of any new gear since they will have outleveled it in couple of hours!

2)The com drops are more in number and also the comms cost for Gear at certain levels has decreased making Crafting and Selling items outdated and pretty useless especially for mid and 50ish levels

The main positive thing about commerce in general, is that more players will be around so more potential buyers but i believe the first 2 reasons,clearly outweight the last and positive one

I Believe they Really screwed up the market and CRAFTING is looong overdue for a serious update :confused:

Edited by ELmastoras

One thing that is sorely lacking during the leveling process is earpieces and implants as far as I've seen there is still a market for these

Quite agree. I am making a fair old pile of credits selling purple implants. I'd move into Earpieces too, but I cannot keep up with the implant stock.

Yeah, the market changes and yer not going to sell as many mods, but think about it. Crew skills includes gathering and missions. There are certain things that will be in hot demand with 12xp. I really don't want to give it away here, but you need to think outside the crafting box here.

I like the current market for the crafters, and where it is going. Still easy to make huge profits. At the same time, the young ones do not pay astronomical prices anymore for gear, or can save the resources for convenience gear like modable droid armor, etc.