Do the sith allow outright killing?

adormitul

So can you go and kill another sith in front of witnesses because you wanted so. Really are you allowed to be a psychopath?

You will think I should find on my own but the problem is I found evidence that is also condemned and allowed so what is it condemned or allowed?

So can you go and kill another sith in front of witnesses because you wanted so. Really are you allowed to be a psychopath?

You will think I should find on my own but the problem is I found evidence that is also condemned and allowed so what is it condemned or allowed?

If some lowly peasant backtalks a Sith yes they are fully in their right to kill them. Sith are allowed and encouraged to be psychopaths (as it strengthens their connection to the dark side) what is condemned is an obvious killing of another Sith.

If some lowly peasant backtalks a Sith yes they are fully in their right to kill them. Sith are allowed and encouraged to be psychopaths (as it strengthens their connection to the dark side) what is condemned is an obvious killing of another Sith.

But they do that also and do not get punished. Yet a certain lord says that the dark council hates brazen power plays translating in going and killing your superior or your rival just because you wanted to. Yet they still do it and get away with it.

Edited by adormitul

Would most likely work like in any feudal system, though. If the psycho-sith kills another sith's subject, that's a provocation that needs to be answered. If he instead complains to the other sith, the peasant's misbehavior becomes an embarrassment for his master, and the punishment will be very creative, even if the master secretly applauds the insolence.

Edited by Mubrak

But they do that also and do not get punished. Yet a certain lord says that the dark council hates brazen power plays translating in going and killing your superior or your rival just because you wanted to. Yet they still do it and get away with it.

They get away with it by making it look like an accident, doing it when everyone else is distracted, or by getting everyone so angry at the individual that the other Sith simply look away. Murder, even amongst other Sith, is encouraged so long as you don't make it too obvious. Also if there's no one around to witness it that works as well. A good example is he Sith Inquisitor storyline. Zash wants her rival out of the way so she can take his place. Killing him outright would be too obvious. So she arranges a meeting while she has you collect an item in question to shut down his cybernetics so you could kill him. Being a powerful Darth means no one would think a mere apprentice could pull it off and thus she's in the clear. The Sith know she somehow had a hand in it but she did it in a way that it would require a lengthy investigation which no sith is going to do. This is applauded.

Sith know that killing every living thing comes from their nature, that's why killing another Sith is forbidden, and is rectified, unless the defeated was challenged and accepted (like apprentice challenge master and kill him). If you kill your superior without this, you will be killed by a greater Sith (unless they cant prove it was you).

So, if you want to kill a Sith either be sure you can defeat him/her in a clean duel or be extremely stealthy so they dont find out it was you.

In the sith warrior story another of Baras apprentices actually tries to murder you of course he dies instead because he overestimated his skills but still that was attempted murder with witnesses and all he had no problem doing that.

For some reason Baras did not give a **** we killed his apprentice he probably had a nice full 20 kg meal that made him happy but are there not laws that prevent such kind of actions?

One of Nox apprentices kills another potential one without asking for a duel he went to that acolyte and killed him. He got away without issues.

Nox kills half a dozen sith lords and Darth before the Kaggath and no sith authorities actually try to arrest him or at least put him on a black list forcing him to not be able to any on any sith planet.

Sith Warrior:

Which apprentice are you talking about? There's so much backstabbing and double (or triple...) crossing that I kind of lost track... ;-)

Anyway, since the "criminal" (i.e. the Sith who broke the "law" of not trying to murder another sith in front of witnesses) dies anyway, nobody really cares that he deserved punishment - he already got it, after all.

Sith Inquisitor:

Yes, Xalek TECHNICALLY violates the rules, but you overrule the overseer - and if a lord says "I didn't see anything", a lowly overseer isn't going to make an issue of that. Unless he has a serious death wish, of course... So for all intents and purposes, Xalek's record is clean.

In any case, while the sith DO have a few rules about outright murdering each other (not that they really care all that much about said rules), "might makes right" is the trump card. If you are more powerful than everyone else, you can get away with a lot. And blackmail/bribery are also perfectly valid ways to avoid charges.

In the sith warrior story another of Baras apprentices actually tries to murder you of course he dies instead because he overestimated his skills but still that was attempted murder with witnesses and all he had no problem doing that.

For some reason Baras did not give a **** we killed his apprentice he probably had a nice full 20 kg meal that made him happy but are there not laws that prevent such kind of actions?

One of Nox apprentices kills another potential one without asking for a duel he went to that acolyte and killed him. He got away without issues.

Nox kills half a dozen sith lords and Darth before the Kaggath and no sith authorities actually try to arrest him or at least put him on a black list forcing him to not be able to any on any sith planet.

Baras doesn't care because you are both beneath him and he wasn't directly affected. He got what he wanted and that's all that matters.

The Kaggath is a traditionally accepted duel ritual in which both parties and their powerbases kill each other.

Nothing about what the SI does in Chapter 3 is illegal.

Baras doesn't care because you are both beneath him and he wasn't directly affected. He got what he wanted and that's all that matters.

The Kaggath is a traditionally accepted duel ritual in which both parties and their powerbases kill each other.

Nothing about what the SI does in Chapter 3 is illegal.

What about at the end of chapter 2 when you go to kill Thanaton and you fail and you kill one of his Darth is that not murder?

On Balmorra you can kill a sith that you where supposed to save him from prison it was even recorded and there where witnesses but you do not have any issues doing that.

Now the Sith Warrior kills one of Barras apprentices you know then one that help you get in the traitorous lord fortress to kill someone forgot who.He kills him in self defense but the dude had no issue trying to kill you outright.

On Belsavis and Corelia you outright kill sith that where of Barras and there was no Kaggath there you outright kill them and nobody does anything to you.

On Nar Shaada he also outright kills 2 sith he still gets away. One was a duel but the second one was outright murder.

Edited by adormitul

What about at the end of chapter 2 when you go to kill Thanaton and you fail and you kill one of his Darth is that not murder?

On Balmorra you can kill a sith that you where supposed to save him from prison it was even recorded and there where witnesses but you do not have any issues doing that.

Now the Sith Warrior kills one of Barras apprentices you know then one that help you get in the traitorous lord fortress to kill someone forgot who.He kills him in self defense but the dude had no issue trying to kill you outright.

On Belsavis and Corelia you outright kill sith that where of Barras and there was no Kaggath there you outright kill them and nobody does anything to you.

On Nar Shaada he also outright kills 2 sith he still gets away. One was a duel but the second one was outright murder.

At that point it's self defense. Thanaton declared war on you and everything you own, even before the Kaggath.

Balmorra was straight up murder, but you killed all witnesses. Also no one is willing to cross you and bring up said evidence. So unless it's more powerplays from other Sith that is long gone and brushed under the carpet.

He has no issues because as he explains it no one would suspect him when you are a known enemy of the SIth he is pretending to serve. He would be seen as someone protecting his "masters" powerbase and rewarded, both by Baras and that Sith he pretends to serve.

With The Wrath it works differently, after Baras tries to kill you, you can kill with impunity. You are above Darth Marr even in terms of authority.

At that point it's self defense. Thanaton declared war on you and everything you own, even before the Kaggath.

Balmorra was straight up murder, but you killed all witnesses. Also no one is willing to cross you and bring up said evidence. So unless it's more powerplays from other Sith that is long gone and brushed under the carpet.

He has no issues because as he explains it no one would suspect him when you are a known enemy of the SIth he is pretending to serve. He would be seen as someone protecting his "masters" powerbase and rewarded, both by Baras and that Sith he pretends to serve.

With The Wrath it works differently, after Baras tries to kill you, you can kill with impunity. You are above Darth Marr even in terms of authority.

But the dark council does not yet acknowledge the sith warrior as the wrath so from their own view you are crazy strong sith that slaughters other sith.

Leaving that aside why did Thanathon got away with killing the SI? Is he allowed to do that?

Really is he? I am really confused on what is allowed so can a Darth kill a lord on a whim because he is higher rank? If so why did he not kill Zash he certainly hated her.

But the dark council does not yet acknowledge the sith warrior as the wrath so from their own view you are crazy strong sith that slaughters other sith.

Leaving that aside why did Thanathon got away with killing the SI? Is he allowed to do that?

Really is he? I am really confused on what is allowed so can a Darth kill a lord on a whim because he is higher rank? If so why did he not kill Zash he certainly hated her.

Thanaton was a DC member if I recall correctly, but he also believed in tradition furiously and refused to outright kill Zash. Once Zash was seen as cancerous then he could eliminate her and her entire powerbase as tradition demands, you are part of her powerbase.

The DC acknowledges strength, and The Hand is backing you up. They are also too occupied with the war to deal with one more murder by the apprentice of that guy who is claiming to be the new Voice.

The Wrath is below only The Emperor himself.

The SI is below Wrath in terms of authority, but has a larger powerbase.

Thanaton was a DC member if I recall correctly, but he also believed in tradition furiously and refused to outright kill Zash. Once Zash was seen as cancerous then he could eliminate her and her entire powerbase as tradition demands, you are part of her powerbase.

The DC acknowledges strength, and The Hand is backing you up. They are also too occupied with the war to deal with one more murder by the apprentice of that guy who is claiming to be the new Voice.

The Wrath is below only The Emperor himself.

The SI is below Wrath in terms of authority, but has a larger powerbase.

Oh well we did kill a sith lord in his own fortress on Korriban with witnesses just to get a stupid mask. We are not good people but I guess that could count as Thanaton applying justice for our transgression. No he was not yet a DC member when Zash was still well whatever she was. I assume that failing to destroy a certain powerbase and that powerbase fighting back and winning is allowed right?

If the sith allows outright killing, yes. But then, what is the goal?

In this set-up. authority is more formal than anything else. Any sith can challenge any sith, but at the end, only the most powerful would be left. Also, that you may misestimate your opponent, like Thanaton vs inquisitor.

In both sith stories, you have the illustration of what happens if you kill everyone you can vs having other goals. You either end up alone or with a big powerbase

Edited by efffel

No, the Inquisitor story make it clear one Sith (Lord) can not just kill another just because they wanted to, or even because it fit their career planning.

High ranking Sith like Thanaton can supposedly get away with killing young Lords like the Inquisitor. It's probably more a matter of who has enough influential allies to make a fuss about a killing.

The Darth that killed your apprentices? You hit Thanaton harder by bribing him :)

Anyway, Thanaton is trying to kill you, for no valid reason, he and is allies are fair game.

Edited by nimmerstil

Oh well we did kill a sith lord in his own fortress on Korriban with witnesses just to get a stupid mask. We are not good people but I guess that could count as Thanaton applying justice for our transgression. No he was not yet a DC member when Zash was still well whatever she was. I assume that failing to destroy a certain powerbase and that powerbase fighting back and winning is allowed right?

Once he made the first move and failed he was also fair game.

He shows his hand and it is weak, so that is why the DC allow you to face him head on even in their chambers.

You are a slave turned Sith and he is someone with status, and yet he has failed to defeat you not once but three times.

DC allow you to dispose of the trash and elevate you to position.

I bet that after seeing his display of force some dark council member where sorry that they did not help Thanthon in killing you in the past.

Was to late to help him now you are invincible after all you where unhurt from a force storm better kiss your boots then piss you of now.

I bet that after seeing his display of force some dark council member where sorry that they did not help Thanthon in killing you in the past.

Was to late to help him now you are invincible after all you where unhurt from a force storm better kiss your boots then piss you of now.

The DC would never have helped Thanaton unless you were a threat to the Empire itself.

The Sith worship strength and are selfish people, Thanaton had to beat you on his own or die trying.

The only thing they objected to was making you, a mere slave, a DC member.

Marr grants you a proper title and gives you a seat in the DC, despite their complaints.

Edited by Ruhun

You were unhurt from Thanaton's force storm. That doesn't mean all force storms won't affect you. Not all Sith's lightning is equal. There are some sith who can electrocute people to death. There are others who can melt someone's bones and even turn them into ash. Remember, succeed or not, Ravage did offer to end Thanaton himself. So there's at least a few who believed they could take down Thanaton.

You were unhurt from Thanaton's force storm. That doesn't mean all force storms won't affect you. Not all Sith's lightning is equal. There are some sith who can electrocute people to death. There are others who can melt someone's bones and even turn them into ash. Remember, succeed or not, Ravage did offer to end Thanaton himself. So there's at least a few who believed they could take down Thanaton.

Let me make a list of all sith who taught that they where stronger then they actually are.

So:Lord Terrak Morrhage, Darth Lachris, every single one of the emperors children, the first son, Darth Angral and all his apprentices and his son, Darth Vengean, Darth Decimus, Darth Ekkage, Darth Hadra, Darth Arho and his apprentice, Darth Arkous, Darth Acharon and even Darth Jadus.

Sith have a big problem thinking their the best of the best their not but they are arrogant enough to think that. Of course there are smart ones like Darth Marr that know power when they see one. Remember when Darth Nox threatened all council members he said anyone here can be your match but that was it hedid not press the issue and changed the subject or in shadow of revan when you threaten him he does nothing and changes the subject. I checked force storm is the highest of all force lighting based techniques so that attack is strong.

Because of the training they had to pass trough sith become very overconfident in their abilities and think their stronger then they actually are. Also Thanathon said he will kill Ravage after he will kill us.

Personally, in my own head canon, I don't kill indiscriminately. I don't kill randomly or for the pleasure of it. As a Sith Inquisitor / Sorcerer, I am all about building my power base.

If a lower ranking imperial citizen insults me, then yes, I would kill them. If another Sith, equal in all ways, challenged me for my rank, power, and privilege, then yes I would take the person on who ever he or she may be. Hopefully, I'd win. If a higher ranking Sith felt insulted by me enough to consider me a threat, he or she has the right to challenge me to the death. I only hope I'd be able to pull off a surprise or two and win. If successful, it is hopeful that success will be recognized and rewarded by the Dark Council.

Further more, I feel I'd have the right to kill anyone who stands in my way of greater power, regardless of stature or rank.

As i see it a life must serve a purpose. Additionally, a death must also serve a purpose. I don't believe a man who is homeless, poor, no money, job, or prospects deserves to die just because he is weaker, poorer, or less than me. He can be brought to a labor camp on one of the Sith planets. He can be given a job, and a purpose building the Empire as a slave. I'm a Sith Inquisitor and yes, I was a slave. The Sith Empire was created by slave labor. In my head canon, I don't hate slavery so much as I hated being denied my destiny by being enslaved.

To answer your question, I don't believe the Sith allow outright killing. I don't believe the Dark Council would stand for me becoming a mad serial killer, or mass murderer. I am very certain this has happened and it was rectified.

Did I help?

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar, more info

Let me make a list of all sith who taught that they where stronger then they actually are.

So:Lord Terrak Morrhage, Darth Lachris, every single one of the emperors children, the first son, Darth Angral and all his apprentices and his son, Darth Vengean, Darth Decimus, Darth Ekkage, Darth Hadra, Darth Arho and his apprentice, Darth Arkous, Darth Acharon and even Darth Jadus.

Sith have a big problem thinking their the best of the best their not but they are arrogant enough to think that. Of course there are smart ones like Darth Marr that know power when they see one. Remember when Darth Nox threatened all council members he said anyone here can be your match but that was it hedid not press the issue and changed the subject or in shadow of revan when you threaten him he does nothing and changes the subject. I checked force storm is the highest of all force lighting based techniques so that attack is strong.

Because of the training they had to pass trough sith become very overconfident in their abilities and think their stronger then they actually are. Also Thanathon said he will kill Ravage after he will kill us.

Notice I said succeed or not. There are also Sith who when facing someone overwhelming have been able to sense it. Truth is they're all dark council members. Yes Force Storm is the highest expression of force lightning but again not all force storms are equal. Sidious could destroy planets and starfleets with his version of force storm. There are still different levels depending on users. We don't know that Thanaton had the highest level of force lightning. We also don't know if anyone on the council is stronger than Thanaton (though, it is likely, Marr has higher feats.)

Edited by Rhyltran

Notice I said succeed or not. There are also Sith who when facing someone overwhelming have been able to sense it. Truth is they're all dark council members. Yes Force Storm is the highest expression of force lightning but again not all force storms are equal. Sidious could destroy planets and starfleets with his version of force storm. There are still different levels depending on users. We don't know that Thanaton had the highest level of force lightning. We also don't know if anyone on the council is stronger than Thanaton (though, it is likely, Marr has higher feats.)

The Empire is a meritocracy, so someone in the DC should be fairly powerful or someone else below him would have killed him to take his place.

After your fight, Thanaton was brushed aside with a neck snap and even though Marr regrets losing someone like Thanaton you are clearly more powerful and is given his seat in the DC.

Edited by Ruhun