Solo ranked Q checklist

ParagonAX

Good day fellow PvP(E)rs!

So, you are thinking of getting that new rancor mount? Isn't it all shiny and cuddly and cute?

Well, you've came to the right place! My job is to help you get that rancor mount.

Here’s a few items to check before queuing up for ranked PvP.

Do you have:

• Max (2018) expertise in a warzone?
  • Augments in all slots?
  • At least 30k hp in a warzone?
  • Stims?
  • Grenades?
  • The ability to consistently put out at least 1000 dps or 1500 hps in a warzone?

If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then congratulations! You are able to play ranked warzones without getting absolutely demolished!

If you’ve answered no to ANY of the above, do NOT que up for ranked warzones! The reason is simple:

• You will cause your team to lose. Every single game.
  • You will get raged at by your team mates. Every serious PvPer on your faction will hate you.
  • You will NOT gain any rating. In fact, you will lose so much rating it would be impossible to recover from.
  • You get way less commendations for losing games in ranked (0 if you get globalled and have no medals) than just playing warzones.
  • You will NEVER get your rancor mount.

Instead, play regular warzones and improve your gear/skills till you satisfy the checklist. Note that season 1 reset / patch 2.7 is April 8th, so you still have plenty of time to get better before stepping into the ranked arena.

Good luck!

Edited by ParagonAX

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this check list. But this still won't stop people from que'ing. Like every new patch with shiny new things....especially something as grand as a rancor mount....people who have not played or even tried to pvp in months will que up.

Personally. I will probably wait at least a week or two que games in the hopes that people randomly que'ing are done trying by that point. That is my hope!

Good day fellow PvP(E)rs!

So, you are thinking of getting that new rancor mount? Isn't it all shiny and cuddly and cute?

Well, you've came to the right place! My job is to help you get that rancor mount.

Here’s a few items to check before queuing up for ranked PvP.

Do you have:

• Max (2018) expertise in a warzone?
  • Augments in all slots?
  • At least 30k hp in a warzone?
  • Stims?
  • Grenades?
  • The ability to consistently put out at least 1000 dps or 1500 hps in a warzone?

If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then congratulations! You are able to play ranked warzones without getting absolutely demolished!

If you’ve answered no to ANY of the above, do NOT que up for ranked warzones! The reason is simple:

• You will cause your team to lose. Every single game.
  • You will get raged at by your team mates. Every serious PvPer on your faction will hate you.
  • You will NOT gain any rating. In fact, you will lose so much rating it would be impossible to recover from.
  • You get way less commendations for losing games in ranked (0 if you get globalled and have no medals) than just playing warzones.
  • You will NEVER get your rancor mount.

Instead, play regular warzones and improve your gear/skills till you satisfy the checklist. Note that season 1 reset / patch 2.7 is April 8th, so you still have plenty of time to get better before stepping into the ranked arena.

Good luck!

Just want to say, smd. People want to play ranked then they have that right regardless of what **** they are wearing/doing. Don't want to play with randoms where you might get bad players? Queue group and stop ************, get your ranking that way.

Solo ranked is the equiv of pugging hm ops, sometimes you get good players, sometimes you get ****, but all the time you don't know until you've actually played with them. Don't like pugging? Get some friends and make a social/guild run.

Also, I don't plan on doing ranked unless guildies drag me into it because CBA, CM will have it 2 weeks later.

TL;DR "I PVP WHINE WHINE WHINE. BADDIES ARE BAD. WHINE WHINE WHINE." -ParagonAX

Edited by DuEldrvarya

butthurt nonsense

First this is a good guide for people that actually do want to earn the mount, you can't expect to be an anchor and get to 1500

2nd Viper already plays with the best group ranked team on server.

3rd he's already getting the mount. So besides getting it on his alts, His motivation is to actually help those that really do want to get there.

First this is a good guide for people that actually do want to earn the mount, you can't expect to be an anchor and get to 1500

2nd Viper already plays with the best group ranked team on server.

3rd he's already getting the mount. So besides getting it on his alts, His motivation is to actually help those that really do want to get there.

And not a single one of those things on his list will prevent someone from getting 1500 rating...

So again why make a list saying "please just have it all before you start. otherwise you just make other people mad"?

Which is pretty much the definition of butthurt whining....

Edited by DuEldrvarya

Just want to say, smd. People want to play ranked then they have that right regardless of what **** they are wearing/doing. Don't want to play with randoms where you might get bad players? Queue group and stop ************, get your ranking that way.

TL;DR "I PVP WHINE WHINE WHINE. BADDIES ARE BAD. WHINE WHINE WHINE." -ParagonAX

Sigh you caught me. I'm afraid of getting bad players on my team in randoms. That's why I'm only 27-3 at 1700 solo rating on my VG.

Oh and sorry I don't have any friends to group with. My 2k group rating must be an exploit.

My OP was totally selfish and not meant to be constructive in any way. Sorry bro!!!!

Edited by ParagonAX

And not a single one of those things on his list will prevent someone from getting 1500 rating...

Yes they absolutely will, you're free to ignore it and enjoy having under 1k rating.

The only players who could realistically get it without every box on this list checked are exceptional pvp'rs who already have it.

So again why make a list saying "please just have it all before you start. otherwise you just make other people mad"?

He's saying if you start out unprepared you're going to dig your rating hole too deep to recover. So if you do want the mount preparation will maximize your chances.

Edited by Domatron

If you arent geared for ranked pvp you will get destroyed every single time, so unless you have a group of top pvpers in your other 3 slots (highly unlikely) you arent going to ever get near that 1500 mark

Not even a single thing on that list prevents anyone from getting 1500 ranking. Sure it makes it harder if you don't bother with grenades or fully augmented or god forbid full bolstered sets, but the pvp skill cap on this game (and esp on this server) is no where near high enough to make any of it a necessity.

You want to actually help people get higher ranked rating? Suggestions and explanations are keys to any guide.

Without that your "help" is do 1-10 or get facerolled 24/7 which is neither helpful or accurate.

Also for every person that gets up to 1500 ranking someone else has to stay down in ranking, so without match farming this 1500 is going to be out of reach just about all of the pvp players that hadn't been doing ranked before the announcement, and none of the ones who were doing ranked before today are getting any help from this thread (which would only be helpful to someone that has no idea what pvp is in this game), so remind me again how is this thread useful?

Other than for some ranked players to vent their annoyance that BW doesn't set external requirements to queue ranked outside of 40 valor.

If you arent geared for ranked pvp you will get destroyed every single time, so unless you have a group of top pvpers in your other 3 slots (highly unlikely) you arent going to ever get near that 1500 mark

Again the more players with lower skill/gear, the less skill/gear a player needs to succeed in pvp.

And there are more than enough **** players in ranked (at the right time of day) to fill your cap with 4/6 or 3/6 on the list.

Edited by DuEldrvarya

*********** grenades. :mad:

Sigh you caught me. I'm afraid of getting bad players on my team in randoms. That's why I'm only 27-3 at 1700 solo rating on my VG.

I heard there's a lack of pubs queueing up...so...Me thinks you may have been queue syncing...:eek::eek::eek:

Actually got some balanced solo q pops today and some good games that went to acid a few times. Thank god for quality people quing up. Be warned tho, there are a few people that wont take their recruit gear off and wont listen to suggestions, if you get one, you are sure to loose.

Yes they absolutely will, you're free to ignore it and enjoy having under 1k rating.

The only players who could realistically get it without every box on this list checked are exceptional pvp'rs who already have it.

He's saying if you start out unprepared you're going to dig your rating hole too deep to recover. So if you do want the mount preparation will maximize your chances.

I don't doubt that the post was made in at least some modicum of effort into getting people to l2pvp. I do think it was mostly a /sigh, /semiproductiverageoulet. It won't change a thing, and he knows it. Bads will be bads, and no amount of forum post education will change that. Hell, I doubt those players are even competent enough to log into the forums.

I don't doubt that the post was made in at least some modicum of effort into getting people to l2pvp. I do think it was mostly a /sigh, /semiproductiverageoulet. It won't change a thing, and he knows it. Bads will be bads, and no amount of forum post education will change that. Hell, I doubt those players are even competent enough to log into the forums.

QFT

i *****ed at this PT in recruit gear in 4 wz the other day, he never changed his gear and he never broke 200k damage... so sad, even worse was i never got the chance to kill him as for some unknown reason he always ended up on my team, I swear BW puts me with losers like this to piss me off.

QFT

i *****ed at this PT in recruit gear in 4 wz the other day, he never changed his gear and he never broke 200k damage... so sad, even worse was i never got the chance to kill him as for some unknown reason he always ended up on my team, I swear BW puts me with losers like this to piss me off.

Gotta carry those babbies

I answered no to a few of those, but and I will Q for Sol Ranked anyway. I Q'd two days ago and got above 1200 in just two games and 30 medals.

Games are played for fun. If it bothers you that much, get a priority adjustment. I'll Q if I please.

Thanx.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I'm usually pretty high on the patience scale but this is why I rage and queue solo pub side.... Cause reg warzones are for reg warzone coms and ranked warzones are for people that refuse to wear pvp gear and have never pvp'd before. Stubborn pos #%^*!£++^>€+>^|}\{_ Edited by Zalindae

I answered no to a few of those, but and I will Q for Sol Ranked anyway. I Q'd two days ago and got above 1200 in just two games and 30 medals.

Games are played for fun. If it bothers you that much, get a priority adjustment. I'll Q if I please.

Thanx.

Everyone starts at 1200. Congrats on getting above 1200. Cookie? :rak_02:

And oh wow. 30 medals? People actually are about medals?

You are a liability to your team and in the long run you will lose more than win. Call me when you reach 1500 please. :rolleyes:

Edited by ParagonAX