HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

gabarooni

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPS and Healers aren't useless - Stevoo soloed HM Malgus with a healer comp: try that with a dps or tank comp!

(No seriously if you can solo HM Malgus with a tank companion prior to the new level cap I'll eat my hat).

Now tank companions... those are useless. I had to have full Rakata on my Khem before he could tank HM BP and he ended up having the same mitigation as the 2 Columi Mara's that were with me (that's some baaaaaad tanking).

Something to keep us subbed for one more month. If it wasn't Nar Shaddaa event, I would have unsubbed back then.

see ya then! we do not want people who are threatning to unsub all the time :-s

Edited by hages

I don't quite get why he has to be endgame stuff. I admit, I like the idea of seeing more non-raid content for my level capped characters to do. By the time I'm 50, what do I care about having another companion?

For the fun! some more story and quests and nostalgy of kotor...

A bit sad that he is more of a "prize" than useful. I have a few that could have used him as DPS. This way I have to settle for my healer. Not a bad thing to get to choose between Scorpio and HK-51 :)

I wonder if they have special text, since they ARE some... murderous droids, after all.

Edited by Styxx

Did you play KOTOR 1? Then you know why everybody loves him.

You can easily have him out when youre doing daily quests. He probably can tank aswell.

If he was available from launch, I would have used him full time while leveling my characters. I really cannot be excited about HK-51 so late after launch. I don't do dailies, I cannot even stand the character creator screen, let alone start leveling another toon and I believe he is available only to a level 50 character.

Allow me to say, 'MEH'.

Just so you know, I most definitely played KOTOR more times than you did.

If he was available from launch, I would have used him full time while leveling my characters. I really cannot be excited about HK-51 so late after launch. I don't do dailies, I cannot even stand the character creator screen, let alone start leveling another toon and I believe he is available only to a level 50 character.

Allow me to say, 'MEH'.

Just so you know, I most definitely played KOTOR more times than you did.

QFT! Played both kotor AND SWG which HK-47 (the proper one) made an appearance, and I really dont see the point of releasing ANOTHER bugged update, mark my words, it will fail badly again, let me put it this way:

It is the definition of insanity to repeat the exact same action and expect a different outcome...........

The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.

Every class gets ranged and melee DPS, ranged and melee tank and heals. So any new companion is going to be redundant if they fill one of those roles, and if they made him a tank or heals, then he'd be completely useless as a companion for people playing a tank or heals. DPS is something that's always useful, and as others have said, he's there to please KOTOR fans.

Yes, because when you acquire HK-51 he automatically replaces the companion you use most for leveling.- just to screw with soloers.

Well he might if soloers could get him, oops sorry they can't as you need to do 2 FP's as part of the story.

The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints, OPs or warzones so I probally not use him.

I suppose when Makeb comes out i could use him then for a couple levels but then its back to the crafting menu

Why cant you use him for flashpoints..?? i generally use one of my companions when we dont have a full group

The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints, OPs or warzones so I probally not use him.

I suppose when Makeb comes out i could use him then for a couple levels but then its back to the crafting menu

Really? Just because he's a dps companion doesn't mean you can't solo with him. I will admit that the best companion type to solo with is a healer, but that doesn't mean that he's not useful. If you're trying to 2 man a HM like BP you want to make sure your dps is good so you avoid enrage. If you've got +300 presence and prototype level 50 gear on HK-51 then you can use him as a dps.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I'm a huge fan of KOTOR 1 & 2, played them to death. Played SWG, loved it when it was *hard* to get to be a Jedi.

All my companions are either tanks or healers, I never run with a dps companion unless it's a starting companion and then I switch asap. It would be nice if most of the companions could be run as one of 2 specs, you pick but oh well.

In the case of HK-51 however, if he is only a dps spec and not a ranged tank I'll be somewhat disappointed. And not just from a mechanics viewpoint, but also from a story viewpoint. HK51 is sturdier than just a dps spec, and it's unlikely they gave him rad abilities and a skill rotation that makes him super effective as pure dps. And if he comes naked and you're stuck with sub par droid stuff until you go and run another whole series of dailies for weeks on end to buy him whatever the new droid gear is supposed to be then blerg. Not to mention that so far new gear releases haven't *exactly* been praised for their itemization, so I have no optimism whatsoever that the droid stuff will be any better.

Questions remain: storyline for him? missions about him? quests to get his affection up? Does it even matter if you do? And just when does anyone use a level 50 companion? At level 50 they're all obsolete a majority of the time anyway unless you just love spending all your time grinding dailies solo.

So - yay HK51 whoopee. Ok, back to normal life.

Edited by Ooloi

I'm a huge fan of KOTOR 1 & 2, played them to death. Played SWG, loved it when it was *hard* to get to be a Jedi.

All my companions are either tanks or healers, I never run with a dps companion unless it's a starting companion and then I switch asap. It would be nice if most of the companions could be run as one of 2 specs, you pick but oh well.

In the case of HK-51 however, if he is only a dps spec and not a ranged tank I'll be somewhat disappointed. And not just from a mechanics viewpoint, but also from a story viewpoint. HK51 is sturdier than just a dps spec, and it's unlikely they gave him rad abilities and a skill rotation that makes him super effective as pure dps. And if he comes naked and you're stuck with sub par droid stuff until you go and run another whole series of dailies for weeks on end to buy him whatever the new droid gear is supposed to be then blerg. Not to mention that so far new gear releases haven't *exactly* been praised for their itemization, so I have no optimism whatsoever that the droid stuff will be any better.

Questions remain: storyline for him? missions about him? quests to get his affection up? Does it even matter if you do? And just when does anyone use a level 50 companion? At level 50 they're all obsolete a majority of the time anyway unless you just love spending all your time grinding dailies solo.

So - yay HK51 whoopee. Ok, back to normal life.

He's an assassin droid so it's not surprised that he's dps.