class missions over-tuned?

acheros

Let me start off by saying, im playing the exact same class, and EXACT same spec as i did during beta. Every level i'm picking the exact same build, I'm using the best items i can find from drops/missions.

Alot of class missions seem over-tuned..During beta, i finished balmora around level 18 or 19. I'm currently level 20 and i cannot kill the colicoid, i had trouble with bessiker, ect. But all of the other missions seem perfectly tuned, hard enough i have to pay attention, easy enough i can actually do them. However the class missions i CANNOT seem to do at level. When during beta i did them just fine.

What happened between then and now..I'm a higher level but having a harder time doing stuff.

Thank God this is true since in beta things were stupid easy. I like the difficulty and still find it a bit on the easy side. Definitely better than beta.

I like the difficulty of the NORMAL quests, the class quests however seem stupid hard..

Except for trying to kill the final boss at the end of the Inquisitor intro arc (it has a nasty debuff that reduces your Force regeneration), I have had almost no problems soloing any class quest across all three of my characters (Consular main, Knight and Inquisitor alts).

I don't want to sound rude, but perhaps it's you? The chains do become more difficult, and it starts to presume that you have a companion and know how to leverage their abilities properly. There are fights that are SUPPOSED to be "tough but fair" that you might even fail a few times -- you don't get any sense of tension or accomplishment by getting softballs all the time.

Except for trying to kill the final boss at the end of the Inquisitor intro arc (it has a nasty debuff that reduces your Force regeneration), I have had almost no problems soloing any class quest across all three of my characters (Consular main, Knight and Inquisitor alts).

I don't want to sound rude, but perhaps it's you? The chains do become more difficult, and it starts to presume that you have a companion and know how to leverage their abilities properly. There are fights that are SUPPOSED to be "tough but fair" that you might even fail a few times -- you don't get any sense of tension or accomplishment by getting softballs all the time.

I thought about that. But, for instance. The quest right before the one i'm doing now. You have to kill major bessiker. He TWO SHOTTED khen and three shotted me, atlevel 19. I got to 20 and -barely- managed to kill him.

I thought about that. But, for instance. The quest right before the one i'm doing now. You have to kill major bessiker. He TWO SHOTTED khen and three shotted me, atlevel 19. I got to 20 and -barely- managed to kill him.

Alright, I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY did not have this issue on that quest.

Did he hit like a truck? Yep. but he also took a lot of damage as well.

I had to run away on my first attempt, but I thought it through a bit an resolved the issue by having him start with aggro on Khem, then taunting him off when Khem was at about 25% (when he called for help), then having Khem taunt him back when I was at 30% after having used all of my defensive cooldowns and a health stim.

I killed him just after Khem dropped. It was a tough fight, but I won.

Perhaps you gear is out of date, or perhaps you are behind the leveling curve. I've been slightly ahead of the curve the entire time because I do space missions daily (I enjoy them and I don't really care if other people don't). I also run every flashpoint once (I don't repeat them) and collect commendations to ensure my gear stays up to date.

I had to run away on my first attempt, but I thought it through a bit an resolved the issue by having him start with aggro on Khem, then taunting him off when Khem was at about 25% (when he called for help), then having Khem taunt him back when I was at 30% after having used all of my defensive cooldowns and a health stim.

Perhaps you gear is out of date, or perhaps you are behind the leveling curve. I've been slightly ahead of the curve the entire time because I do space missions daily (I enjoy them and I don't really care if other people don't). I also run every flashpoint once (I don't repeat them) and collect commendations to ensure my gear stays up to date.

My gear very well might be out of date, the thing is im using the best i can get from the quests i've done and drops i've gotten. I may very well be behind the curve, but i doubt it. I've done every quest i could find, BT twice and the first half the hammer. Alot of heroic quests, some twice. I was level 19 when i got utterly steamrolled by bessiker. I have -no- idea whats going on.

Let me start off by saying, im playing the exact same class, and EXACT same spec as i did during beta. Every level i'm picking the exact same build, I'm using the best items i can find from drops/missions.

Good for you, I'm probably not using the best items since i can't read the tooltips.

Thank God this is true since in beta things were stupid easy. I like the difficulty and still find it a bit on the easy side. Definitely better than beta.

But kind of player are you - a hardcore player who finds it easy? Means millions of normal casuals will long since have quit and found another game they can play.

Somethings got to be wrong here. Even while over leveling it, and having the best gear i could find. I still can't kill the damned colicoid. I don't know what gear bioware expects me to have that they havn't given me from quests but this is getting irritating.

Somethings got to be wrong here. Even while over leveling it, and having the best gear i could find. I still can't kill the damned colicoid. I don't know what gear bioware expects me to have that they havn't given me from quests but this is getting irritating.

You can keep bumping all you want. But the fact is others have little to no problems with this fight and any other fights. You can keep arguing you have the right level and the right gear and know what you are doing but in the end... you do not. Find what the problem is, fix it.

You can keep bumping all you want. But the fact is others have little to no problems with this fight and any other fights. You can keep arguing you have the right level and the right gear and know what you are doing but in the end... you do not. Find what the problem is, fix it.

Lets see "Into the pit - level 19"

My level - 21. Right level, check.

My gear, as i've said before, is the best out of what i could possibly pick from every quest i've done for both me and khem, i know, i always check.

So why don't you go troll somewhere else.

I do not agree, and I don't think this is the point of what he means.

During my game play I am quite often asked to help ppl as they cannot kill their own bosses. I even helped someone on Tatooine and on his boss, the guy holding the quest died and I was left at aboout 14 hp. We were shocked how hard it was.

I play a BH and I have no problem, but on JC I have massive problems. They mostly kill me on different strategies, they simply are overtuned. Way too hard.

One of the problem I noticed with them (perhaps a bug because I didn't noticed them self buffing in the end) is that when they are under 5% they simple stop receiving any damage.

I had lots of situations when I was above 70%, boss under 5% and couldn't downed him, he continued damaging me till 20% before finally giving up.

What I noticed is that they mostly seem to be OP to casters.

I'm not saying they should be easy...but the point is that they are ho9lding us back...the point of class quests isn't to wipe 15 minutes on a boss...

I do not agree, and I don't think this is the point of what he means.

During my game play I am quite often asked to help ppl as they cannot kill their own bosses. I even helped someone on Tatooine and on his boss, the guy holding the quest died and I was left at aboout 14 hp. We were shocked how hard it was.

I play a BH and I have no problem, but on JC I have massive problems. They mostly kill me on different strategies, they simply are overtuned. Way too hard.

One of the problem I noticed with them (perhaps a bug because I didn't noticed them self buffing in the end) is that when they are under 5% they simple stop receiving any damage.

I had lots of situations when I was above 70%, boss under 5% and couldn't downed him, he continued damaging me till 20% before finally giving up.

What I noticed is that they mostly seem to be OP to casters.

I'm not saying they should be easy...but the point is that they are ho9lding us back...the point of class quests isn't to wipe 15 minutes on a boss...

I've never had the problem with them not dying, honestly. Its just they hit so hard i cannot kill them within any sort of reasonable amount of time before they completely own me. Khem, my tank, is getting 3-4 shotted at best. 2 shotted at worst. And it only seems to be the "elite" class bosses. The one i'm doing now is a level 19 elite. I can't kill him. Doing a regular mission that involved a level 19 elite, i did it just fine. I died once, out of my pure mistake, i can admit it. I pressed the wrong button and it got me killed. But these class bosses, its like even if you fight them flawlessly they own you six ways from sunday.

Alot of class missions seem over-tuned..During beta, i finished balmora around level 18 or 19. I'm currently level 20 and i cannot kill the colicoid, i had trouble with bessiker, ect. But all of the other missions seem perfectly tuned, hard enough i have to pay attention, easy enough i can actually do them. However the class missions i CANNOT seem to do at level. When during beta i did them just fine.

What happened between then and now..I'm a higher level but having a harder time doing stuff.

Step 1: send in khem

Step 2: apply dots

Step 3: heal khem

Step 4: repeat

seriously it wasnt that hard... my khem is rocking all blues and modded gear he can tank 4 man heroic bosses... i dunno what your doing wrong... unless your an assassin in which case should probably be tanking and having med droid heal you either way i had 0 issues on this fight.

Step 1: send in khem

Step 2: apply dots

Step 3: heal khem

Step 4: repeat

seriously it wasnt that hard... my khem is rocking all blues and modded gear he can tank 4 man heroic bosses... i dunno what your doing wrong... unless your an assassin in which case should probably be tanking and having med droid heal you either way i had 0 issues on this fight.

I'm DPS specced assassin. The thing that gets me though, is i did the mission easier, at a lower level during beta. Now its like they're over compensating.

they are tuned perfectly

give you a challenge while not being impossible

some bosses need 2 or more tries, but it never gets really frustrating

well done, Bioware

Exactly, I'm happy with how they did it. I mean sure you may get a little upset if you can't faceroll something but honestly I like the challenge and feel that I've accomplished something when it take a few times or that I'm close to dying and get the last blow in.

I think it's also more with using the right skills at the right time. May take a few times but eventually you get it.

Exactly, I'm happy with how they did it. I mean sure you may get a little upset if you can't faceroll something but honestly I like the challenge and feel that I've accomplished something when it take a few times or that I'm close to dying and get the last blow in.

I think it's also more with using the right skills at the right time. May take a few times but eventually you get it.

Why does no one bother to actually read the post. Its not that they're "hard", i welcome a challenge. Its that when the class missions are impossible, or atleast damn near impossible to finish without being way over level, something is wrong. I readily admit i'm no where near the best player ever. But i'm pretty good. I'd say about average maybe slightly above.

I get that they're probably meant to be hard. But this is nintendo hard, i usually go down quicker then i can use half my cooldowns and khem usually dies before i can even pop shock/channel the force(which needs a companion out, i should add)

lol im a sith sorcerer specced into healing on this fight and i fought bessiker at lvl 21... i didnt even have to use a heal it was that easy.

i have gotten all the best gear when i came across it for my characters. Khem went down to about 40% hp before bessiker died.

i kinda remember every move i did in order too:

Overload

Crippling darkness

Affliction

Force lightning

Shock

Lightning strike

Force lightning

Shock

Lightning strike

Crippling darkness

Affliction

Force lightning

Shock

and done, i dunno maybe khem got lucky on dodges or wateva its called. but thats all it took