[MAJOR IMP AGENT SPOILER] Question about Agent storyline finale

KitKatDave

As this is a question about the finale of the Imperial Agent storyline, it will obviously contain spoilers. Procees at your own risk ;).

Im currently running my 2nd Imperial Agent. In my first run i was major darkside, doing whatever the Empire required and thus in the finale i did not defect, but rather gave the Codex to the Sith.

In my current playthrough, i am more light sided. I started off being the good little soldier. However after the brainwashing i lost faith in the Empire and by the end of the story i plan to defect to the Republic. (im currently on Belsavis). Also in this playthrough, i am romancing Raina Temple, but since shes an Imperial operative i wonder what influence my defection to the Republic would have on our romance? Will she respond at all?

To sum it up; i want to know if becoming a double agent for the Reps has any influence at all on my romance with Temple.

Also, do you think this choice will come into play during the Iokath expansion when you allign with either Republic or Empire? Even though Temple has not been re-introduced yet, do you think choosing the Republic in both occasions will affect her when she does return?

I played as a light sided agent -- and have gone over to the Republic on Iokath -- so I am waiting with baited breath to see what happens ..... spoilers for those that don't wish to know details -- here's my slant on it

I am hoping and yes, perhaps counting on that she hangs in there with me -- remember, she was running from the Sith kind of --- being force sensitive and all, and went in with the Chiss ( of which I am one too) I am hoping that will play in my favor, but you never know ...

Temple is actually

extremely loyal to the Sith (even if she herself has broken their rules). I could potentially see her being very upset about the Agent joining the Republic on Iokath or the class story. However, the defection in the class storyline doesn't affect her romance because the Agent hides it from the crew.

Edited by OldVengeance

I see, so not a single crew member knows when you choose to become a double agent. Guess that will put a real damper on the relationship when she does find out.

Maybe Aric Jorgan can serve as an example, can someone tell how a romanced Jorgan reacts (if he reacts at all) when you choose to allign with the Imps on Iokath?

one of my agents <a lightside> was a turncoat..... he had no problem romancing Temple because for that conversation, she left the room.

For Iokath, nobody knows yet, because it hasn't happened. I'm not planning on doing Iokath with that agent until I know one way or the other how she will react. Vector as well, although my other agent <darkside> is currently romancing Shan. If HE turns out to be the traitor to the alliance <who knows?> she will definitely have a dilemma.

I am just remembering that warriors could get 2 companions in Iokath if they played it right --

not kill Quinn and go Republic, got them Elara and Quinn -- they would get a storm of protest if they didn't give some other class the same chances --- Vector is a joiner too; always thought his heart lay with the Hive ... and the Agent ...

Raina ? Well, the agent protects her and helps train her --- then there was that Lana Beniko comment in the letter from her later -- so who knows ?

I just never got the feeling playing the story that Vector and Raina were "gung-ho" Empire like Elara was for the Republic; but that is my slant on it ...

I am just remembering that warriors could get 2 companions in Iokath if they played it right --

not kill Quinn and go Republic, got them Elara and Quinn -- they would get a storm of protest if they didn't give some other class the same chances --- Vector is a joiner too; always thought his heart lay with the Hive ... and the Agent ...

Raina ? Well, the agent protects her and helps train her --- then there was that Lana Beniko comment in the letter from her later -- so who knows ?

I just never got the feeling playing the story that Vector and Raina were "gung-ho" Empire like Elara was for the Republic; but that is my slant on it ...

Well I think the reason that Warriors can get two companions while the Trooper cannot is, in part, because it makes sense for the characters involved. Plus, they probably didn't want to deny Republic aligned Warriors the chance to eliminate Quinn.

Vector actually helps the Agent defeat other Killiks if he's forced to choose between them an Imperial allies on Alderaan. And Raina strongly believes it is her duty to obey the Sith. She goes as far as to kill her own father to try to live up to that duty. Although in fairness, that was also because doing that also helped him fulfill his duty to keep her safe.

The SIS intelligence reports on her say: "Best-guess personality profile suggests she’s a typically patriotic example of the rank-and-file Imperial military–a true believer in Imperial superiority and duty. No matter how easygoing or empathetic she may be at times, the needs of her nation have to come first."

I mean, I suppose it's certainly possible they might have changed their perspectives over the years, but it seems like the less likely outcome.

Heck, maybe Temple will end up having gone to the Sith Academy and become a force using companion like Gus.

Vector was a trained diplomat too -- he was trained to see all the sides fairly and decide; so as a diplomat, why not see the possibilites and change ?

I can't help but think Raina's thing was for family honor -- her expression she used one time at least -- "Chiss honor" told me something about her

she kept that "secret " Chiss base a secret after all -- I have a feeling the Empire would not have been happy if they had found out about an "ally" keeping tabs on their activities --

but that is why I like the Chiss, just as sneaky as the Empire, probably better at it -- and smarter, too (well at least my Chiss agent thinks so )

But if Bioware wants those of us who have stuck it out with them this long to be happy -- LOL, there better be a darn good explanation for the companions going away -- story wise, it better fit -- and my agent would STILL go over to the Republic .. so that is that .... heck, give me a blaster and I might take Raina out for leaving myself

Are diplomats any more likely to switch sides than other people? I'd think they would have been trained to make the strongest possible case for their respective factions. In Vector's case that would be the Empire. He's a fan of using lawful and diplomatic solutions to problems, and generally seems like a fairly nice guy, but he doesn't appear to be a fan of helping the Republic over the Empire.

As I recall he understands showing mercy to Arden Kothe, but warns the Agent against joining him at the end.

Edited by OldVengeance