** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

An old MMO game where PvP also can start without any warning had the solution for this since start, is called "combat record".

Its shows not only the total win/lose fights, but the last statistics of who you defeated and who killed you at what time/date wich else tracks from who you CAN NO MORE get/give a kill credit (karma for that game, valor in SWTOR) for a predeterminated time. Lets say 1 hour per each diferent kill in that game. Maybe more or less for SWTOR, but IMHO should also have a "trigger" to reset/allow same target after some predeterminated condition, like control all 5 targets from Ilum as example

By design, in that game, we can kill the same target again for fun or necessity but we get no credit for that, which means no valor for killtraders before 1 hour.

That same old game also have better solutions for CD and GCD icon animations but this is for another topic.

PS: BTW 9Dragons is the name of that old game its free2play try your self and confirm....

This won't solve anything. If you make it so that kills won't count if X person is killed more than Y times you are just punishing people.

Furthermore, it would slow progress for people who didn't take advantage of fight clubbing while it was providing faster progress while doing nothing whatsoever to punish the fight clubbers. It'd also do nothing to discourage fight clubbing, if anything, it would INCREASE it, these people would show up, cap out their valor/kills, then log off/do something else instead of remain on the field and possibly provide kills to anyone else.

If something this drastic is to be done the only fair solution is to delete all the champion and battlemaster PVP gear from everyone's inventories and reset everyone to valor level zero.

Edited by Wildcat

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another rough go at it in Ilum: In the hour I spent in there tonight, I got 10 armaments and killed ~15-20 republic. Care to guess how far along in my daily I got? Yep, 10. After my frustration last night, I feel like I'm in the "fool me twice" category. You are no longer allow to call it a "daily" if it takes me three days. Bad Bioware...bad! *rolls up newspaper*

Another rough go at it in Ilum: In the hour I spent in there tonight, I got 10 armaments and killed ~15-20 republic. Care to guess how far along in my daily I got? Yep, 10. After my frustration last night, I feel like I'm in the "fool me twice" category. You are no longer allow to call it a "daily" if it takes me three days. Bad Bioware...bad! *rolls up newspaper*

I did manage to complete my weekly.

I did it by using trickery to get into the one instance on my server where kills would count (getting grouped with someone on that instance, then leaving the planet and coming back) and surviving the lagfest.

At random intervals (which got shorter the closer I got to 150) I'd stop getting kill credit. By suiciding into the enemy group and cloning I'd be able to get credit again.

Yeah, completely unfun.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a patch tomorrow (details coming very soon) with the following resolutions:

• Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

really why wasn't this dealt with before the release of your broken patches? :rolleyes:

It's not just Bioware who does this. Every MMO publisher also expects their customers to do their Q/A testing for them whilst paying for the privilege. No other kind of software company would dare do such a dishonest thing.

Ever heard of Windows? Symantec? Not that those names are synonymous with integrity in the software world, but companies do this ALL THE TIME.

Drivers are released with bugs all the time, which are far more critical components of your PC, with very poor testing.

I don't think it's limited to the MMORPG world. We're asked to "test" products that aren't complete all the time. Most glaring example I can think of right now was called "Vista".

I know you're mad at BioWare over their mistakes, but they're not the villains they're being made out to be. They had a live PTR in their life cycle a lot sooner than most games do. It took WoW a while to come out with one. They had just as many bugs in that game.

Granted, it's useless for testing end-game content in its current state, but StephenReid already posted that they were working on getting character copy running.

Funny part of all this? It's still not fixed. And the work around that you had to do pre-"emergency patch fix" was to get killed and come back and try to play again, still works.

Also, new patch notes on pts?..

World PvP

Ilum

Players are now notified when they kill a player but do not receive credit due to rate limits.

They put in limits on how much you can get, they just didn't tell anyone about it.

There's your bug.

How the devs, crs, and people trying to make this game better can fail so hard at just basic communication about what patches are actually doing is outstanding and really doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the longevity of the game.

This won't solve anything. If you make it so that kills won't count if X person is killed more than Y times you are just punishing people.

Furthermore, it would slow progress for people who didn't take advantage of fight clubbing while it was providing faster progress while doing nothing whatsoever to punish the fight clubbers. It'd also do nothing to discourage fight clubbing, if anything, it would INCREASE it, these people would show up, cap out their valor/kills, then log off/do something else instead of remain on the field and possibly provide kills to anyone else.

If something this drastic is to be done the only fair solution is to delete all the champion and battlemaster PVP gear from everyone's inventories and reset everyone to valor level zero.

PS: There is no "X person is killed more than Y times" in this example. In that game you just get no "valor" for killing the SAME target before 1 hour. You must "trade" with a diferent friend/enemy. (Ilum has what? 20-100 diferent targets per hour?)

Ilum is dead 99% of the time, 7 wz of 10 is huttball, so called mirrorclasses is nowhere near even, ranged dps that do 3k+ dmg from a far, slowes u down and when u get to them they have heavy armor vs close combat class with no stuns, no ways of escape and medium armor........... fail bioware, going back to wow when subscription ends.

Seriously this bug is not fixed.

I was in Ilum yesterday. Killed 33 then it stopped counting. Killed myself and it started counting again until 47 kills. Had to kill myself again...

Seriously... ?

As for WZs, instead of not counting my wins now it just crashes me and my guildies to desk top far too frequently. I am on Freedon Nadd, and you can look my guild up (in the sig) but crashing to desktop 1 out of every 5 Wzs as a guild average is not real impressive imho... :mad:.

Update

It seems Bioware has implemented a new system to limit kills in Ilum, called a "Rate Limit".

This "rate limit" works by simply denying players credit for otherwise valid kills (i.e. enemies you have NOT killed recently) if your "RATE" of kills is over some BUGGILY SMALL threshold.

For example, if you've gotten just a few enemy kills (for credit) in the last 30 minutes, YOU STOP GETTING CREDIT FOR KILLS PERIOD, EVEN VALID KILLS. You do not regain the ability to get credit for kills unless enough time passes, or unless you die.

THIS "RATE LIMIT SYSTEM" IS CURRENTLY *BUGGED*.

Bioware, you need to respond to this thread, again, and let us know that you acknowledge this bug, and what you are doing to fix it? When will we see a hotfix for this?