Why is this item considerably worse yet higher rating?

Toez

So I just spent yesterday creating a bunch of tech staves through armstech in order to learn the purple quality one, since you know, logically a purple quality level 50 one SHOULD be better than a blue quality level 50 one.

I finally learned the schematic and was extremely disappointed to find out that the purple one was worse than the blue one that I acquired from the daily Belsavis quest in every possible way. According to the comparison tooltip (I know that the alacrity and crit isn't showing up on it) the purple quality one is SIGNIFICANTLY worse in every possible way.

A little bit let down I just decided to live with the fact that SCORPIO will be stuck with a blue quality item while the rest are all higher, until I noticed the rating on the purple one. Why does the purple one have a rating of 124 while the blue one has a rating of 116? The 116 is better in every say by a long shot, so shouldn't that have a much higher rating?

I realise that the weapon on SCORPIO should be treated as an implant and the other part slot should be treated as the weapon, but you can at least make very good purple quality implants, so let me make GOOD purple quality tech staves!

http://i.imgur.com/3prrz.png

Edited by Toez

I'd be under the impression that (Rating ###) was strictly the damage rating. And the purple item does have a higher damage range by a very good margin.

In fact, something seems off with that tooltip comparison. Its saying -70 max damage, -49 min damage, when the purple has 53 higher max damage and 37 higher min damage. It also isn't acknowledging the +47 critical and +47 alacrity of the purple either. Unless the Tech Power difference is being calculated into that? 80 less tech power equal the change in min/max? I'm not sure, never paid that close attention to the tooltips I guess.

Because the comparison in the tooltip when looking at the schematic in the crafting window is based on the base item, and not the RE'd purple (or blue) one?

I find it most amusing that people are just finding this out at lvl 50. Are they just making a beeline to 50 then starting to RE stuff?

(yes, SS probably isn't faked, however the game IS simply bugged)

The blue one has more aim and endurance, yet shows as a loss. I'd be surprised if they're that broken.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Its comparing what the stats would change to when putting the purple on. So the -aim is correct, the purple has less. The part that is wrong is the min/max damage, the purple has more, and its saying less.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Its comparing what the stats would change to when putting the purple on. So the -aim is correct, the purple has less. The part that is wrong is the min/max damage, the purple has more, and its saying less.

It should still say something about the crit and alacrity.

I call fake. The maths in those pics don't add up.

The comparison tooltip must be bugged or faked.

The purple item has (compared to the blue):

+37 min

+53 max

-11 Endurance

-6 Accuracy

-9 Power

+47 Critical Rating

+47 Alacrity Rating

The stats on the item don't add up either.

My purple Supremacy Grand Vanquisher's Elecrtostaff (superior) has:

+ 48 Aim

+ 57 Endurance

+ 47 Shield Rating

+ 28 Accuracy Rating

+ 47 Power

+543 Tech Power

+47 Defense Rating

It also says 'made by ......' at the bottom of my item window

Mastercraft version is same stats but with an augment slot

The comparison tooltip must be bugged or faked.

The purple item has (compared to the blue):

+37 min

+53 max

-11 Endurance

-6 Accuracy

-9 Power

+47 Critical Rating

+47 Alacrity Rating

The stats on the item don't add up either.

My purple Supremacy Grand Vanquisher's Elecrtostaff (superior) has:

+ 48 Aim

+ 57 Endurance

+ 47 Shield Rating

+ 28 Accuracy Rating

+ 47 Power

+543 Tech Power

+47 Defense Rating

It also says 'made by ......' at the bottom of my item window

Mastercraft version is same stats but with an augment slot

That's because I am comparing it with the one in the crafting window. Does your one in the crafting window show shield rating and defense rating? That's what Scorpio needs, not bloody alacrity and crit :(

Never trust your comparrison tooltip when you are crafting. For some reason it bugs and compares the green stats instead of the blue/purple you would actually make. Look at the actual items. It's been posted a few times but hasnt' gotten much attention... hopefully it will get fixed once they get the more major bugs out of the way.

Never trust your comparrison tooltip when you are crafting. For some reason it bugs and compares the green stats instead of the blue/purple you would actually make. Look at the actual items. It's been posted a few times but hasnt' gotten much attention... hopefully it will get fixed once they get the more major bugs out of the way.

Yeah I just crafted some and it fixed the tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/HuNCG.jpg

Anyone know if I'm stuck with this crit+alacrity version or if there is a way to get the shield+defense one as posted above?

Yeah I just crafted some and it fixed the tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/HuNCG.jpg

Anyone know if I'm stuck with this crit+alacrity version or if there is a way to get the shield+defense one as posted above?

You need to go back to RE'ing the green. The blue you were working off of was the "Critical" version. You want to RE the green until you get "Redoubt" which will add defense rating. Then RE the Redoubt blue until you get another stat you want.

Personally, I'm usually a little less critical of my purple stat on lvl 50 items just because of how long it takes to get those max lvl items to proc purple. Unless of course it's something completely useless, like shield rating on a cunning pistol...

But yes, if you want to put in the time, you can get secondary stats that are more beneficial to SCORPIO.