Cheating: It's effect and when it will end

OpenSorce

Cheating is rampant in this game. Some people see it every Warzone and every trip to Ilum. There are guilds which many people identify as cheat guilds on every server.

Here's how that affects you:

So you're good at PvP/PvE? No one believes you. In a game riddled with cheating other players will just assume you cheat no matter how good you are or how much time you put into it.

When it will end:

This is easy to say actually. It will end when either the devs fix it or the players get tired of it and go elsewhere. Either way, one of these two WILL occur very very soon.

We can only hope that before the devs try adding anything else to the game that they fix the game breaking issues first. If not, we'll all see each other again when this game is forced to go free to play in order to stay afloat.

P.S. Please don't bother posting that there is no cheating or not much cheating, you'll be wasting your time.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it will end:

This is easy to say actually. It will end when either the devs fix it or the players get tired of it and go elsewhere. Either way, one of these two WILL occur very very soon.

It will end on December 23, 2012 as will everything else.

but seriously, cheating END? Not on this planet. The developers may be able to stop one way of cheating but there will be others and there will always be people doing it.

You complain about cheating without even defining what took place.

And with good reason. I have no intention of debating back and forth over whether or not this is cheating or that is cheating with forum dwellers. Nor do I intend to point out to cheaters what cheats are the most evident.

My post says what it means: There is rampant cheating, it must be fixed or the game will die.

Edited by OpenSorce

Speed hacks, no clip, god mod, wallers, seen it all.....

Speed hackers seem to be increasing in the game. And not the smartest groups of people either. Blazing from one side of a Huttball field to the other doesnt leave people wondering if you are hacking. It just leaves us wondering if BW will start paying any attention.

And with good reason. I have no intention of debating back and forth over whether or not this is cheating or that is cheating with forum dwellers. Nor do I intend to point out to cheaters what cheats are the most evident.

My post says what it means: There is rampant cheating, it must be fixed or the game will die.

You do realize that it sounds like you lost a pvp match and threw a child's temper tantrum and screamed "CHEATER" and your computer screen right?? Now, to sound like you actually have something to complain about... please post what happened so bioware will know if whether or not the person actually cheated or you just threw a tempter tantrum.

cheaters only really end up cheating themselves in the long run, and there are some cheat issues here, but I don't think we can really talk about them in the forums, kinda like talking about exploits. But if you think there is no sheating going on, you are kidding yourself, and it is sad people use them :(

It will end on December 23, 2012 as will everything else.

but seriously, cheating END? Not on this planet. The developers may be able to stop one way of cheating but there will be others and there will always be people doing it.

it's actually December 21 2012. On Hyperspace Cannon the only hack I have seen was a rebub trying to speed hack in Huttball 1 times and he got pwnd and we still won 6-0 (He stopped about half way thru the match for some reason) but that has been the only time I have seen that. I hae never seen the wall hack on voidstar or anything on Ilum.

Edited by chaconjc

If you put competition into the game, people will try to cheat. I tend to see a lack of PvP as a feature because it tends to limit the percentage of competitive personalities. Even if cheating is a relatively small 10% of the player base, that is 100-200k players spending hours a day trying to break the game. It doesn't help that SWTOR is a single player-, story-oriented game being played a much more competitively-minded population.

cheaters only really end up cheating themselves in the long run, and there are some cheat issues here, but I don't think we can really talk about them in the forums, kinda like talking about exploits. But if you think there is no sheating going on, you are kidding yourself, and it is sad people use them :(

Not really...they end up cheating legit players out of fun.

They are too busy threatening paying customers who use foul language with suspensions or perma-bans in a mature game were you kill people, to bother with banning actual cheaters.

This. I know someone who got warned for foul language in Huttball, when the Announcer clearly says "Name calling, is strictly encouraged!"

Uhhh...wha!!!????

Speed hackers seem to be increasing in the game. And not the smartest groups of people either. Blazing from one side of a Huttball field to the other doesnt leave people wondering if you are hacking. It just leaves us wondering if BW will start paying any attention.

And that is the sad part, they do it out in the open because the GM's don't seem to do anything about it.

They don't give a toss bout the cheats, I have maybe put in 5/6 reports, and some of those times at lest 4 others put in reports at the same time same player, nothing happened.

BW the new S.O.E

Edited by Nemeses

I see. So you are going to declare there is cheating, yet you will not state what that cheating is? We are supposed to just magically believe you and assume you actually know what you are talking about right? Okay, I'll bite.

Tell you what. Make a new post or edit your first and actually explain what these cheats are. If you are not going to make cheats known after all, how are you going to expect anyone to know what they are seeing are cheats if they don't know? Or how are they going to have any reason to believe you? Just because you say something is one thing, it doesn't mean it is. Hell, I think my signature very well fits with this entire thing.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insult

That which is declared without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

Either elaborate on what you mean by "cheating", or kindly stop asserting that it is taking place.

Edited by Xaeo