PuG vs. Premade

criminalheretic

You seem like a reasonable person, so do some of the others advocating premades vs pugs on this thread. But none of you have answered the question yet: If you are playing with friends and enjoy real competition, why do you continue to queue over and over when you know to a cosmic certainty you aren't going to face another premade on a given day/night (pvp pops generally being so small you know who is queueing at certain hours after a few matches)?

Do you guys enjoy grinding down the underdog until he quits?

If you don't enjoy it, then don't you get bored as hell?

I don't care how much fun I'm having with friends... if we're doing something that has zero challenge in it, we all get bored really fast. Why don't you?

Oh, and to those who say "If you can't beat us, make your own premade" I submit: I don't want to play on a premade. ROFLstomping poor pug teams is neither a challenge nor terribly entertaining, anymore than being ROFLstomped.

I prefer a fun, competetive match where even if I lose, I got to contribute and enjoy myself. I ask again... why don't you guys?

Actually on my server we do encounter premades. I queue up with friends or guildies if they're in the mood. To be honest I don't know if we have more PvPers on our lower pop faction or not but I do on a regular encounter premades. sometimes we win sometimes we lose sometimes it's a draw and a dice roll who wins in the end. I queue with friends to enjoy a multi player game with people. I don't care if I go up against pugers or premades. I want enemies to fight.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the 67th thread on this subject, so forgive the repetition, but it was not in the 10 most recently replied list, and ALWAYS should be.

Bioware, dudes, seriously. When you are a PuG/Solo player, and you not only know the names of every Premade/Guild on the opposing faction, but the names of the individual players on those teams, it means two things.

Your server is under-populated.

You've been getting pounded into the floor by the same 8-12 people over and over and over again.

Forget gear for a second, forget how every person from a particular class thinks every other class is OP. Forget the WZs, forget the rewards.

The SINGLE most frustrating thing for a person rolling into a WZ is knowing you are going to lose. Losing is frustrating, but part of the game. Frankly I would rather lose a close game than dominate a win. But rolling into Alderaan, getting beat 580-0 against a premade, where you finally got one turret because they split their team to farm some defensive medals, is not frustrating, it makes me want throw my computer against a wall. Now, take that amount of rage, and multiply it by how many times you get thrown into a WZ against the SAME group consecutively because they are the only Pubs on your server even queuing for PVP, and you have a recipe for complete fail.

Bioware, class balance will be a never ending battle, but you can fix PuG vs. Premade right away. DO IT! You're creating an environment where playing your game actually makes people unhappy. Understand the distinction, I don't mean whining because it's not perfect, I mean they are actually in a worse mood after having played your game for two hours, than they were in the middle of their work day. They actually start playing your game, get mad, and log out to do something else. That is not a recipe for increased subs.

And guess what, aside from the easy farming of weekly/dailies even the Pre-Mades don't like it.

/rant

This is why they changed the daily requirements. I don't see the big deal, as long a you do your best you still get a little for it. You may not complete your weekly in 9 straight games, but you will complete your daily. I hate rolling against premades too, but I hate even more only being able to group with 3 other friends for our premades. I always find the filler characters for the other 8 are wasted space sometimes.

I don't honestly understand some of you forum whiners.

The only way Bioware will do anything is if people unsub and for the reason they put that they think having premades face PUGs is stupid. If you're not willing to complain properly, then you're just wasting your time. Clearly not enough PUGs care about facing premades for Bioware to bother changing the system.

I used to absolutely hate facing a few certain premades. Then they pretty much all got banned for hacking, and while some of the players left are still very good (or maybe they found new hacks that aren't detectable) and win sometimes, it's not actually a problem.

A major issue that people have may be that they were constantly running up against hacker premades. It's far more likely that you run into hacker premade guilds than constantly running into solo queuers that hack.

I'm still pretty much done with swtor because they took so long to fix the hacker issue, and it will just happen again. That's weeks of frustration and wasted time playing against hackers as they just roamed free, and the bans are probably only a week or so. Bioware should have erased the characters and then put a non-removable "KNOWN HACKER" title with instructions on how to report that person for any new characters they create on that server.

My schedule is really busy for the next couple of months, and my SSD died (taking SWTOR and my OS with it). I had about 2 weeks of playtime left, and since I have the physical disc I can fairly easily re-install it in the future, but for now at least I will be on a break and wait until the queues are separated to come back. I don't enjoy playing with or against premades.

quitters never win. pugs can beat premades and compete with them... but not when your pug is filled with whinny quitters who spend more time crying in ops chat than they do playing. people stop playing and have 6 people camping their one turret as soon as other side caps two and then wonder why they almost always lose.

oh and just so you "oh woe is me" types know, nothing is stopping you and three of your friends from queing up as a premade.

sadly most pugs are like this, even earning medals is hard with them around

Edited by EugeneYap

• 1 year later...
This is probably the 67th thread on this subject, so forgive the repetition, but it was not in the 10 most recently replied list, and ALWAYS should be.

Bioware, dudes, seriously. When you are a PuG/Solo player, and you not only know the names of every Premade/Guild on the opposing faction, but the names of the individual players on those teams, it means two things.

Your server is under-populated.

You've been getting pounded into the floor by the same 8-12 people over and over and over again.

Forget gear for a second, forget how every person from a particular class thinks every other class is OP. Forget the WZs, forget the rewards.

The SINGLE most frustrating thing for a person rolling into a WZ is knowing you are going to lose. Losing is frustrating, but part of the game. Frankly I would rather lose a close game than dominate a win. But rolling into Alderaan, getting beat 580-0 against a premade, where you finally got one turret because they split their team to farm some defensive medals, is not frustrating, it makes me want throw my computer against a wall. Now, take that amount of rage, and multiply it by how many times you get thrown into a WZ against the SAME group consecutively because they are the only Pubs on your server even queuing for PVP, and you have a recipe for complete fail.

Bioware, class balance will be a never ending battle, but you can fix PuG vs. Premade right away. DO IT! You're creating an environment where playing your game actually makes people unhappy. Understand the distinction, I don't mean whining because it's not perfect, I mean they are actually in a worse mood after having played your game for two hours, than they were in the middle of their work day. They actually start playing your game, get mad, and log out to do something else. That is not a recipe for increased subs.

And guess what, aside from the easy farming of weekly/dailies even the Pre-Mades don't like it.

/rant

I start to get the feeling theres more than just me who is upset with premades?

I supposed the devs were to listen to what players wanted "fixed" in the game?