The Breaking Point

Aurbere

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10

The Brain had contemplated The Master's plan over several weeks, but even his intelligent mind could not pierce the shroud of mystery that surrounded The Master. The plan was incredibly vast and complex. The Brain doubted that even the Jedi could forsee what The Master would bring down upon them. The Master was cold and calculating, each move was incredibly precise, as was its intended effect. While the plan itself was a mystery to The Brain, he knew that the endgame was for The Master to take the seat of power and bring order to the galaxy.

The outcome was inevitable, as was his victory at Bothawui. The Brain watched as The Master's Battle Meditation and presence in The Force brought the Bothan Flotilla to its knees. Pilots abandoned hope and attempted suicide attacks on the powerful Super Star Destroyers, but would only impact The Master's powerful Force Barrier. The crew members of the Bothan Fleet were even more pathetic. The turbolaser fire that the Bothan Fleet unleashed would miss by a large margin or impact the Force Barrier.

The Brain laughed to himself at the effect The Master had on these fools. It was like childs play. Victory was inevitable as he watched more Bothan ships burst into flames, the debris caught in Bothawui's gravitational field and sent hutling towards the planet's surface.

As the final ship exploded, another group of battleships emerged from hyperspace. An Alliance counter-attack, just as The Master expected. The two Super Star Destroyers fired upon the enemy fleet before they could route power to their shields. Within minutes the enemy ships were decimated and quickly destroyed.

Once again, The Master was victorious. It was almost too easy. The Galactic Alliance had never faced anyone with the power that The Master had, their defeat was imminent. The Brain believed that The Master was now only prolonging their suffering to show them their failure. He would make them run in circles as he slowly nailed the coffin shut.

a bit short but still not bad at all.I'd like to see a more challenging battle for the Master,lose a few ships ,so it be more

exciting and not very predictable.

It's coming. Very soon. This is the sort of "mounting threat" phase. The Galactic Alliance is going to respond with devastating results.

It's coming. Very soon. This is the sort of "mounting threat" phase. The Galactic Alliance is going to respond with devastating results.

So you're saying that the Master's overconfidence is going to be his doom?Like it did to all other sith?Or

is his gonna find out his fallen and go mad-like and then Alliance is going to take the advantage?

Or is one or all his students betray him?

So you're saying that the Master's overconfidence is going to be his doom?Like it did to all other sith?Or

is his gonna find out his fallen and go mad-like and then Alliance is going to take the advantage?

Or is one or all his students betray him?

Yes, yes and yes.

Though not all of them will happen in this particular installment. There will be sequels.

Chapter 11

Another battle. Such is the way of war, but war is a game of deception. It wasn't about winning for The Master, but how he played the game. His target on Bothawui is obvious: the Bothan Spynet. The Galactic Alliance would assume he was there for information, or to simply destroy the network hub. The former would be correct. But he only wanted one piece of information, and to see if the Bothans knew of his secret projects. The information he sought was the secret hyperspace route to Coruscant. The Master knew of many ways to access Coruscant, but the planet was protected by powerful mines that could destroy his fleet. He assumed that the Bothans would know of a secret path to bypass the mines.

The Bothan Spynet was located in a towering spire located in the center of the Capital Drev'starn. The Bothan defenders and Alliance soldiers would use the surrounding buildings to gain a tactical advantage. The Master would not allow them to have that advantage.

The Master's forces sat on a large island a short distance away from the mainland, his tanks had their railguns aimed at the glittering skyscrapers. Three million battle droids stood in a neat formation surrounding the tanks, The Master and The Brain stood at the forefront of the battle formation.

The Master waved his hand and the tanks unleashed upon the city. Nearly eight thousand durasteel spheres impacted the skyscrapers. The impacts sent shockwaves in all directions. The tanks hummed and thrummed as they reloaded the railguns.

And then another volley. This volley brought down several of the skyscrapers, each one that fell brought down another one in a domino effect. Very few buildings were left standing at the end of this assault.

The Master then reached out with The Force to the water surrounding his island. He began manipulating the water's molecules, bending them to his will. The Master's energy froze a large path in the water that formed a bridge between the mainland and his forces. The ice would be strong enough to hold his armies. The Master then turned to The Brain. "Move into the city. Clear the rest of the buildings before we assault the hub."

The Brain nodded and bowed, the sunlight reflecting off of his bald head. "Yes, my master."

The Brain activated his lightsaber, the crystal glowing a bright orange, and pointed it towards the city. The cybernetics on The Brain's scalp glowed bright red. The droids began marching across the ice, following The Brain into the city. The Master followed as well, watching for the inevitable counter-attack.

And it came. As the droids finally crossed the ice bridge, soldiers began firing on them from behind the rubble of the fallen buildings. The Brain deflected the blaster bolts headed towards him and sent a powerful Force blast towards one of the rubble piles. The rubble exploded as the pieces were sent into the soldiers sitting behind it, killing them instantly.

The droids then leapt into action, firing at the soldiers and moving to positions that gave them a tactical advantage. Some droids would take cover behind vacant rubble piles, others would rush the soldiers and gun them down. Each droid moved as fast as a Jedi enhanced with The Force. The soldiers never stood a chance.

The droids then spread across the city, entering buildings and gunning down those who resisted. Within a standard hour, every building that surrounded the Spynet hub was cleared. As The Master surveyed the carnage of this battle, he saw the charred husks of several of his droids, several disabled civilian vehicles, and the corpses of Bothan and Alliance soldiers. Brutal, but The Master was victorious, and his losses did not matter when compared to what was at stake.

His victory was near...

Edited by Aurbere

Nice, your writing is just getting better and better! And so is the story! And thanks for reading my fanfic too, I've actually written the whole thing already and have typed up about half. But I thought it would be best to spread the chapters out over several weeks, the next chapter will probably be out Thursday. Its fun having a writing buddy! :D

Nice, your writing is just getting better and better! And so is the story! And thanks for reading my fanfic too, I've actually written the whole thing already and have typed up about half. But I thought it would be best to spread the chapters out over several weeks, the next chapter will probably be out Thursday. Its fun having a writing buddy! :D

This installment is coming to an end and I'm trying to change the tone of the writing to reflect that.

Your fan-fic is looking good. You've really got the character of Kreia down. Can't wait to see what's next. You know what you should do? Tell KOTOR 2 from Kreia's perspective. That would be awesome. :)

On a side-note: The next installment of The Master's story will involve The Prism. I won't say how, but it should be awesome. The tone of the story will change drastically though.

Edited by Aurbere

I've also found an ancient Dark Side power that would interest you to add on the next chapter.I found it on

the Book of Sith preview on amazon.It has a few more powers but this is the most interesting one:

Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut or Reanimated Dead

This complex spell animates both freshly dead and the skeletons of the carrion fields,

transforming them into an unstopable legion impervious to pain and able to

transmit a necromancy infection by bitting (=ZOMBIES!!:eek::D)

The Master's superweapon...:mad::mad:

check the final pages of the preview on amazon ,I think you'll like them....:D

Edited by konstadinosblue

I've also found an ancient Dark Side power that would interest you to add on the next chapter.I found it on

the Book of Sith preview on amazon.It has a few more powers but this is the most interesting one:

Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut or Reanimated Dead

This complex spell animates both freshly dead and the skeletons of the carrion fields,

transforming them into an unstopable legion impervious to pain and able to

transmit a necromancy infection by bitting (=ZOMBIES!!:eek::D)

The Master's superweapon...:mad::mad:

check the final pages of the preview on amazon ,I think you'll like them....:D

Interesting. While I had never thought of using such powers before, I may consider them. Probably not for this installment, but a later one for sure.

When are you planning to finish this installment and start a new one?

Soon. I'm working on Chapter 12 right now.

Chapter 12

The assault from The Master's heavy assault vehicles had severely crippled the infrastructure of the Bothan Spynet Hub. The long corridors were lit only by the sunlight streaking in from the windows, reflecting off of the durasteel floors. The Master's droids had cleared out the majority of the Hub, leaving only the central control room. The Master could feel the fear emanating from the room. Fear... such an easy thing to use. Such an easy thing to inspire in his foes, and his allies.

All that stood between The Master and the control room was a think durasteel door. He placed his hand on the door, tracing the cracks that he could see with The Force, tracing them to their meeting point, the weakest point. He pressed his palm against the point the cracks converged and began pouring The Force into that point. The Force flowed into the cracks like a flowing river. When the door could not withstand anymore of his energies, it shattered, the pieces of durasteel were propelled into the room. Several of the pieces impacted many of the Bothan spies, some of them pinned to the walls.

The Master strode into the room, his black robes flowing behind him. The Brain and several of his Elite Guard followed behind him, they too were garbed in black robes with streaks of red lining the seams. The Bothans cowered behind the blinking computers. The Master identified their Spymaster and picked him up with The Force. The Spymaster's fur rippled as he was held in the air. He was completely immobilized, his arms pressed to his sides, claws digging into his flesh. The Master brought him in closer, until they were snout to face. Their eyes locked, The Master's deep blue eyes contrast to his brown eyes.

The Master grabbed the Bothan by the throat and dragged him over to a large computer system The Master could only assume to be the main hub. He threw the Bothan against the computer. "Access the computer."

The Bothan slowly got up. "Ne-Never!"

The Master growled as he grabbed the Bothan by the collar of his grey over-shirt. "Do it! Or suffer the consequences!"

The Bothan whimpered under the pressure. "I won't let you win! I know what you want! You won't have it!"

The Master growled again as he dragged the Bothan by his long pointy ears over to a large observation window. He let loose a powerful Force blast to shatter the large plexiglass window and held the Bothan by the neck with one hand out of the window, over the long drop. The wind currents buffeted the Bothan's fur and The Master's black robes.

"Now will you reconsider?"

The Bothan whimpered again. "Please don't!"

The Master heard the whimpers of the other Bothans as he released his grip on the Bothan Spymaster, sending him plummeting nearly fifteen stories. The Master returned to the main hub. "Anyone else wish to join him?"

Only whimpers replied.

He nodded. "Good. But now I am down one Spymaster." He turned to The Brain, who was examining the Bothan art that hung from the durasteel walls. "Brain! I believe your skills will be of some use here."

The Brain ceased his examination and strode to the main hub. He pressed a few keys until his cybernetics glowed a bright orange. "We're in."

The Master smiled. "Excellent. Find our path to Coruscant... and eliminate any data they may have on projects Operation Eleven and Project Death." Such information should not be in the hands of such pathetic creatures. Only The Master could know of such things. "Hmmm... And copy any information we could use... delete the rest."

"Yes, Master." The Brain's cybernetics glowed brighter still. "I'm directly connected to the hub. I'll be able to browse the hub from anywhere in the galaxy."

The Master nodded. "Good." As he started to leave through what remained of the doorway, he turned around to face the cowering Bothans. What to do with these creatures? "Alright, let's finish up here." He said to his guards.

As The Master rounded the corner he heard the snap-hiss of the Lightstaves of his Elite Guard, followed by the low screams of the Bothan spies. Unnecessary? Perhaps, but no loose ends could be allowed.

The Master often wondered how the Galactic Alliance had lasted so long. Picking them apart was incredibly easy. He would not allow the galaxy to suffer so under his rule. But he could not sit upon the seat of power yet. He had work to do... and his war had only just begun.

*The Alliance counter-attack begins in Chapter 13!

So they wear black robes eh? :jawa_evil:

Yup. I was originally going to give The Master a Qui-Gon Jinn look (minus the facial hair and the long hair), but the black robes fit the character more. So imagine Qui-Gon with Black Robes.

Oh and: :jawa_evil:

Lol of course. Funny I actually imagine the master as exactly that!

Cool! You will find that the character of The Master draws inspiration from a few of Liam Neeson's roles.

I'll probably do a dossier on The Master later.

Chapter 13

As the sun set on his victory on Bothawui, The Master watched his armies load onto the heavy C-9979 landing crafts. These old vessels were used by the Trade Federation during the Clone Wars, each vessel capable of carrying a full battalion of battle droids. The battle droids marched in standard battle formation, ten droids per row, up the landing ramp and into the transport. Once inside, the droids would power down until The Master had need of them.

The sky darkened as the sun set on the horizon, the orange light quickly fading as it was replaced by darkness. The sky became lit with the countless stars of the night sky, but their light was dwarfed by the large Bothan moon.

All that remained for The Master on this planet was the destruction of the Bothan Spynet Hub. The towering spire reached to the night sky. From the base of the spire, The Master felt that the tower was near the breaking point. It would only take a small nudge to bring the tower down.

The Master reached out with The Force, his power wrapping around the tower like dark tendrils. All he needed to do was simply push the tower slightly and it would collapse. Before he could do so, his concetration was broken by a sudden surge of energy.

Above the planet, a massive Galactic Alliance fleet arrived from hyperspace. The Alliance fleet began firing upon The Master's ships.

"A counter-attack? So soon?" The Master did not expect an attack so soon. Perhaps his work was not yet complete.

He quickly turned to the transports. "Get all of the droids off of the transports now! Prepare for battle!"

At his command, the droids quickly unloaded and rallied around him. The Master had left no building standing in the city. His forces had nowhere to take cover from the assault... except for the Spynet Hub!

"Quickly! Into the tower!" He commanded. Whatever forces that had not been evacuated quickly rushed into the tower. As The Brain rushed past him, The Master put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Move the fleet back to Koros. And have the others regroup there for a counter attack."

The Brain nodded. "Yes, Master." His cybernetics glowed red as he continued into the tower. Moments later the fleet jumped to hyperspace.

As starfighters streaked in, almost from nowhere, The Master quickly entered the tower. The Hub would serve as an excellent defensible position, as the Galactic Alliance would not wish to destroy such an asset as the Bothan Spynet.

Looking out the, now destroyed, observation window, The Master watched his droid armies engage Alliance forces. The droids were losing, badly. Not because of the Alliance infantry, but because of a single Jedi. It wasn't Skywalker, but this Jedi was powerful. Perhaps this Jedi would prove a greater challenge than the last one.

The wind coming in from the large window buffeted his black robes. The Master could feel his tension grow as the Jedi closed in, the anticipation was palpable. His desire to face this Jedi was almost overwhelming... curious. The Master greatly wished to test the mettle of the Jedi Order, but his first battle with the Jedi proved... unsatisfying.

The Master's wonderings were interrupted when the Jedi burst into the room, knocking The Brain and several of his guard back with a powerful Force blast. The Master quickly waved his guards back as he approached the Jedi. He recognized the Jedi to be Jedi Master Kyp Durron, a worthy challenge.

Durron's hair was graying, his demeanor intense, and a fire burned in his brown eyes. "You! Your treachery ends here!"

The Master scoffed at Durron. "Indeed? Let us put your skills to the test, see if they are worthy of your fame." He said as he activated his green lightsaber.

Once again The Master took up the standard Makashi stance, a contrast to Durron's stance: the formidable Juyo form. Typically, Kyp took the initiative. He charged The Master and unleashed lightning quick strikes against The Master's formidable defenses. The Master switched to Soresu Form as he was forced onto the defensive. He twirled his blade in a series of spins that caught Durron's green blade and created an opening for The Master to strike. He unleashed a powerful Force Push that knocked Durron back several feet.

The Master noticed The Brain and his Elite Guard exit the room to engage Alliance soldiers as they moved to interrupt The Master's duel. "You disappoint me, Durron. Skywalker holds you in such high esteem." The Master employed Dun Moch to keep Durron off balance, picking at his vulnerability to his emotions.

Durron leapt to attack again, bringing his lightsaber down in a furious assault. The Master blocked high and sent a small bolt of Force Lightning targetted at Durron's chest, which stunned Durron for a few moments. An underhanded tactic, but it allowed The Master to push Durron back once again.

"Surely you can do better!" The Master continued his use of Dun Moch, wearing away at the venerable Jedi's will.

Durron growled as he leapt once again, launching an even more furious attack. He made wide swings with his blade. Left, right, downward strike. Each strike was intended to kill. The attack became predictable as The Master continued to parry his strikes. As his feet neared the edge of the window, The Master realized what Durron was doing. Durron was pushing him to the edge of the room, intent on forcing The Master out of the broken observation window.

It was a brilliant strategy. Durron must have been leading him on. "You should learn to mind your surroundings!" A smile crept onto Kyp's face as he used The Force to propel The Master out of the window.

The Master was falling. Fifteen stories. So this was it? His death would be so... so humiliating? No. The Master refused to believe it. He summoned The Force to protect him and slow his descent. He formed a shell around him using The Force, which protected him from the impact. He landed on his feet, the force of his impact with the ground created a small crater in the paved ground.

He summoned The Force to him once again, using it to lift him back up to the central control room. He gracefully landed in the control room to find Durron and The Brain engaged in a duel. Combat was not The Brain's strong suit, and it showed. Kyp Durron was ferociously attacking The Brain's defenses, quickly wearing him down.

The Master sent a bolt of Force Lightning directed at Kyp's head. The blast knocked him off balance and allowed The Brain to incapacitate him with a bash to the left temple with his Lightsaber hilt.

The Master stood over Kyp Durron's unconcious body, shaking his head. "Fool. The fleet should be along shortly to get us off this rock." The Master softly kicked Durron's head. "Leave him here."

The Master walked back to look out the broken window. He raised his hand to feel the source of a slight pain on his face. It was a deep wound along the right side of his face. He wasn't struck by anything. How was he wounded?

It has been three days since the Battle of Bothawui. The combined power of The Watcher's Warships vanquished the Galactic Alliance ship and retrieved the rest of The Master's forces from the planet.

Chapter 14

The Master studied his reflection off of the main viewport of the bridge of the Judgment's Lance. He traced the long cut that had appeared on his right cheek after his battle with Kyp Durron with his right hand. It was a deep wound, almost as if the skin had just died. But how could such a thing happen? He was immortal! Perhaps that was the key?! Was his immortality the cause of his wound?

The Master had meditated long on this, and after three days, he had finally figured it out. He was dying. It was a slow death, his power could only delay death, not stop it completely. The wound was the result of over-extending himself, but he had done no such thing in his battle with Durron. Did he? No.

It suddenly occurred to him. When Kyp had launched him out of the tower... he had summoned The Force to protect him. The amount of energy The Master had used had not occurred to him until now. The amount of power that it required to emerge unscathed from a fifteen story plummet was extreme indeed. But how was he wounded? The answer was not so simple to find, but became so obvious upon its discovery.

So obvious... and yet he was still shocked. The Master had not truly mastered life and death. Extreme uses of his power drew from the energy that The Master used to replenish his body and defy mortality, resulting in the decay of his body... the deep cut was proof of that. And yet, The Master was surprised that he had not suffered more. How much would it take to kill him? How much power would he have to use for it to kill him? The Master did not care to find out. Which meant avoiding an engagement with Luke Skywalker... at least, until he had fully mastered this power.

When that time came, The Master would be unburdened by these limits. He would be able to unleash all of his power without the fear of death. Even Luke Skywalker would not be able to compare to The Master when that time came.

From the bridge of The Master's powerful Warship, he looked down upon Koros Major. The name of the planet had changed several times over the course of Galactic History. It had been named Empress Teta after the great Empress after the Great Hyperspace War, it was also called Cinnagar, the capital city of Empress Teta, from time to time. The names were interchangeable, but The Master used Koros Major in case the Galactic Alliance was listening in on his transmissions. Impossible, yes, but only fools underestimate their foes... and he was no fool.

Koros Major was a great city-planet comparable to Coruscant. Indeed it sat very near to the Galactic Capital. From space Koros Major looked very similar to Coruscant, though Koros gave off a light similar to the desert world of Tatooine. Koros Major's close proximity to Coruscant, as well as The Master's operations on the planet, should have tipped off the Galactic Alliance... if not for The Master's spies.

Indeed The Master had spies everywhere. From the lowest of citizens to the highest ranking officers, The Master had spies on every planet... watching... waiting. Even the criminal underworld did not escape his notice. These spies undermined the efforts of his enemies and aided his conquest, sabotaging Alliance efforts all across the galaxy.

And when the time came, The Master would use these spies to bring the Galactic Alliance to its knees.