[Suggestions] Eliminate Cut scenes in Flashpoints

Hi,

I was wondering about flash points and how annoying they can become after doing constant "instance" runs. I came up with an idea.

The first time you enter a flash point aka instance whatever you call them "dungeons"; why not have the system record that avatars/characters choices so the next time you do it, it will remember your choices and you don't have to space bar through or have to deal with any scenes?

What if you want to choose a different faction answer this time around?

How about you make it an option upon entering the instance? I don't know about you but the cutscenes are really cool but they tend to get annoying and boring when you've viewed them a billion times. It's like watching a movie, over and over and over again until you've gotten sick of it.

Just my 2 cents...errr...I mean credits. :)

No.

No no no no no no no.

It's bad enough Hammer Station and Athiss are just generic dungeons without any kind of story or interaction, just like every other MMO (Wailing Caverns runs <shudder>), but it's just criminal that you want to inflict this crap on masterpieces like the Esseles and Black Talon as well.

So, in closing: no

I believe that if you've seen the content enough times to be driven to madness seeing it one more time, it's probably time to move on to a different activity in the game. Hint: you shouldn't play a game that isn't fun.

if what you are doing isn't fun, why are you doing it? if it's to grind out xp, or farm loot drops, that's kind of a waste of time. The only time it wouldn't be, is if you're level 50 and are trying to farm commendations for that last bit of edge in stats. Otherwise, you'll be replacing the things you farmed BT/Esseles for within a day or two. Seems illogical to me.

Grinding out XP to eke out that next level? What's the drive to do this? Reaching a max level character? That's neat and all.. but what happens when you get there? /flex? The special sparklesauce feeling dies out quick. If you're looking to hit endgame sooner, that's cool. Though it seems playing a story-driven game for the sole purpose of endgame raids is like buying a monster truck to make into a low-rider. :confused:

Its called replay-ability, if you really want to, the next time you do the flashpoint you can choose a different side to see what happens, or instead of the top Lightside choice, you can choose the neutral choice to see what is said.

Even though it doesn't make sense to see the Darkside choices on a lightside character, it still gives you that option.

And one that I enjoy with a group, but ya if you just keep doing the same flashpoint over and over, its going to get tiring. Go and explore something else. *shrugs*

Ok so i think its time they added in big red boxed letter story driven game tag on the forum or when you log in or something cuz after reading some pvp, flash points and the other stuff i am interested in learning about ppl are crying about one thing or another. Games 2 days old for the average person who didnt get in beta. If they take the story out, what exactly are they provideing for us? What makes this any differnt then any other mmo we could be playing?

I think that if they gave a vote option, that would satisfy everyone. Those that didn't get to see it yet, don't vote to skip, you get to watch it. The next time that you go through it with your buds, vote to skip the cutscene, you all get to skip it. GW does it that way, and it seems to work. Course there is always one or two guys that have seen it a million times, and don't care that you haven't, but who cares, it's your game. Right? I think a vote skip is a good idea, for those die hards who want to do the instances a million times. Why not? Edited by GBlues

SWTOR's progression model is based on both the KOTOR and Mass Effect series. So voice acting and story driven character progression will continue being SWTOR's very foundation from which all other gameplay elements (heroics, flashpoints and operations, etc.) are built upon. Story above all else is how BW & LA have always done it and they've been extremely straightforward about this being their vision for the game. Edited by GalacticKegger

MMORPG by definition:

Any ROLEPLAYING Game that 50+ players are playing together at any given time.. something like that.. and no that isn't the real definition.

Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game.

BW got this right by far and closer than any of the other MMOs as I call them now have even dared to get.

The storyline driven content is wonderful and refreshing since WoW was just a total grindfest anymore and I never felt like I could make choices and develop my character down to a mental level of play.

Otherwords, if the story driven content in flashpoints is driving you nuts, then this probably isn't your game.

No.

No no no no no no no.

It's bad enough Hammer Station and Athiss are just generic dungeons without any kind of story or interaction, just like every other MMO (Wailing Caverns runs <shudder>), but it's just criminal that you want to inflict this crap on masterpieces like the Esseles and Black Talon as well.

So, in closing: no

5char

Its a no....If you want to bulldozer through the game, you might consider to play something else. You only get more angry, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leave to QQ on the forum like an exe-wow player that has masterd the QQ-ing-on-the-forum-skill-too-675.

I don't think you guys understand what I meant. I love the cutscenes. I just think it's too much when you want to do an instance multiple times. You shouldn't be questioned for doing something more than once. It's a preference to be in an instance. I had to go back so many many times to do Black Talon with friends that were getting in EGA and bored me to death. It was quite annoying having to go through the cutscenes. I think the cutscenes is the greatest thing this game has because it's in depth story. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from. I do space bar to death, but still doesn't change anything with the story.

I know it's early, but hopefully with man changes and ideas for the future, this could be one of them. Imagine doing guild raids and having to deal with cutscenes all the time? Yea, can't wait for that. lol

How about just, prior to entering the instanced zone, your party leader is presented with a "skip cutscenes and randomize choices" ( that won`t affect LS / DS alignment, or just have a pick for each player, I want LS / DS choices ) and that will be it.

Everybody = happy ?

Eventually most people will spam spacebar speeding up the group conversations greatly (eg no more "Waiting for group members"). For now, people are seeing them for the first time. This is a heavily story based game.

I think the problem with Hammer is that it was one of the later dungeons so it might have been rushed. Still... you have the two extremes to choose from depending on your preferences.

Also there will be no group dialog in Operations, there's a plus for you.

spacebar........

huh huh huh uhhhh huhu huhuh uhuh huh

yeah yeah

heh eh eheheh heh heh

spacebar is cool

sorry beavis and butthead flashback.

And why IS Hammer Station and Athiss have no conversation whatsoever? I also curse the person that mentioned Wailing Cavern runs......go wash your mouth out with soap.

I don't think you guys understand what I meant. I love the cutscenes. I just think it's too much when you want to do an instance multiple times. You shouldn't be questioned for doing something more than once. It's a preference to be in an instance. I had to go back so many many times to do Black Talon with friends that were getting in EGA and bored me to death. It was quite annoying having to go through the cutscenes. I think the cutscenes is the greatest thing this game has because it's in depth story. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from. I do space bar to death, but still doesn't change anything with the story.

I know it's early, but hopefully with man changes and ideas for the future, this could be one of them. Imagine doing guild raids and having to deal with cutscenes all the time? Yea, can't wait for that. lol

stop typing.

new plan....you stop typing

see the old plan is you complaining about this.

the new plan is to stop typing.

out with the old and in with the new.

less typy more quiety.

Eliminate cutscenes...seriously? lord.

Hi,

I was wondering about flash points and how annoying they can become after doing constant "instance" runs. I came up with an idea.

The first time you enter a flash point aka instance whatever you call them "dungeons"; why not have the system record that avatars/characters choices so the next time you do it, it will remember your choices and you don't have to space bar through or have to deal with any scenes?

What if you want to choose a different faction answer this time around?

How about you make it an option upon entering the instance? I don't know about you but the cutscenes are really cool but they tend to get annoying and boring when you've viewed them a billion times. It's like watching a movie, over and over and over again until you've gotten sick of it.

Just my 2 cents...errr...I mean credits. :)

Sure, then replace lightsabers with swords, blasters with arrows, companions with pets, make the graphics a little bit older and... There you go! You got World of Warcraft!

No. Cutscenes are the heart of this games.

How about just, prior to entering the instanced zone, your party leader is presented with a "skip cutscenes and randomize choices" (that won`t affect LS / DS alignment ...
Big can of worms there. No one player should control another player's experiences. Historically that's been really bad juju and is definitely not how BW & LA do business. The only real "workaround" is to group up with players with identical playing preferences - a nice perk of compatible guild play ftw. Edited by GalacticKegger

BT was by far one of the best instance i had ever done. i did it twice and both times i did it i took 2 completely different paths. the fact i was doing the same instance but 2 different ways was amazing. the interaction between the players and the npc with the cut scenes are flawless!

Excellent work guys