Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Server GSF - NOW-

jokin_jones
06.23.2014 , 11:45 PM | #1
Wow has been able to have cross server dungeons and PVP for years. Why can't Bio-Ware get their act together on this? The lack of groupfinder for the first 6 months after launch is what drove 80% of my friends away from it and I'm sure a good percentage of the rest of the people who left in droves.

Now, myself and a ton of other people play this game pretty much exclusively for GSF. However, we are all very fed up with the lack of cross server GSF. Since there is rarely more than 1 or 2 matches going at a time the "Matchmaking" does not work at all. There are huge benefits to the game play and enjoyment for all skill levels by doing this. Ground PVP, Flashpoints, and Operations finders will all benefit hugely as well.

TrinityLyre
06.23.2014 , 11:55 PM | #2
We all want cross-server. On one of SWTOR's recent Twitch streams Eric Musco acknowledged that many players (including those who love ground PvP, PvE and GSF) have demanded x-server queues. Unfortunately, it isn't on their current roadmap. We aren't getting it any time soon, though it's possible in the future. That's about all we're going to get for now.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

jokin_jones
06.24.2014 , 03:01 AM | #3
So how do we get them to acknowledge it as a priority?

TrinityLyre
06.24.2014 , 11:33 AM | #4
If you figure that one out, let me know! I'd love to see it. The developers clearly have stuff planned to the end of the year, I wouldn't expect anything regarding cross-server to be implemented (though I'd be very happy ). The only thing that was more or less confirmed was a Denon TDM coming up, which was to be expected.

Players have differing agendas - I haven't seen General_Brass around lately pushing his "solo queue only" thing in every thread and spewing vitriolic hate to players who group up.

Nemarus
06.24.2014 , 11:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
The only thing that was more or less confirmed was a Denon TDM coming up, which was to be expected.
When/where was this confirmed? There was some indication for its existence in datamining, but that was before the Infiltrator was shelved. It's entirely possible the new TDM map (and all in-progress GSF content) was shelved as well.

In the last Twitch stream, when we asked Eric if he could tell us one GSF-related item in the roadmap, the only thing he would mention was the forthcoming "balance patch"--which we don't even have a date for. If Denon TDM was in the works, you'd think he could've acknowledged that without much risk--since as you note, it was expected.

But the fact that he didn't mention it makes me think it isn't scheduled anymore.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

TrinityLyre
06.24.2014 , 11:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
When/where was this confirmed?
Los Angeles Community Cantina. I believe the source was Ootinicast or one of the other SWTOR news websites that covered the Community Cantina (don't quote me specifically on Ootini, it could've been another - I listen/read while playing or doing other work).

Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
But the fact that he didn't mention it makes me think it isn't scheduled anymore.
Wouldn't be the first time we were given the wrong information. I'm not holding my breath until it shows up on a roadmap, but the roadmap we have consists solely of "lolhouses" at the moment.

Nemarus
06.24.2014 , 11:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
Los Angeles Community Cantina. I believe the source was Ootinicast or one of the other SWTOR news websites that covered the Community Cantina (don't quote me specifically on Ootini, it could've been another - I listen/read while playing or doing other work).

Wouldn't be the first time we were given the wrong information. I'm not holding my breath until it shows up on a roadmap, but the roadmap we have consists solely of "lolhouses" at the moment.
LOL, I was at that Cantina tour. Alas it was super cramped and extremely loud, so it was hard to get much information from it.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

MSchuyler
06.24.2014 , 12:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jokin_jones View Post
So how do we get them to acknowledge it as a priority?
When it actually BECOMES a priority. Right now, it isn't. It's only a priority for YOU, and your tens of thousands of imaginary friends, of course. Most people live and grind on planets and are only vaguely aware that GSF even exists, and then only as a more or less irrelevant after-thought not germane to the main game, class stories, etc. It's even less integrated into the game than the old space battles, which are also pretty much forgettable and unnecessary. The fact that both are there at all represents a squandering of resources that could have been better spent improving on-planet game play.

So when people "demand" attention to this NOW! it's just kind of laughable.

DamascusAdontise
06.24.2014 , 01:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
When it actually BECOMES a priority. Right now, it isn't. It's only a priority for YOU, and your tens of thousands of imaginary friends, of course. Most people live and grind on planets and are only vaguely aware that GSF even exists, and then only as a more or less irrelevant after-thought not germane to the main game, class stories, etc. It's even less integrated into the game than the old space battles, which are also pretty much forgettable and unnecessary. The fact that both are there at all represents a squandering of resources that could have been better spent improving on-planet game play.

So when people "demand" attention to this NOW! it's just kind of laughable.
im pretty sure more people want cross server than you think, and its not just GSF. Just because you come here to down talk and troll a community your not involved with doesn't mean you know anything about GSF or SWTOR. Please go back to your appropriate forum, your obviously a trash GSF player and your opinions are not wanted.

That being said I think that everyone who plays ground PvP, Space PvP, and Raid PvE wants to see cross server implemented. I think this dwarfs the "just does dalies blind to the rest of the game" crowd.

I agree that its silly they have not devoted time to this by now, and they certainly have lost a LOT of good players by their refusal to adopt what is in other games a "core system" but *shrug* its not on the roadmap.

I just hope that if it does get implemented that its before most/all the good players leave.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

Urien
06.24.2014 , 01:19 PM | #10
It's never going to happen guys. Not for normal Warzones, let alone for GSF.

Deal with it, get over it, move on. Find a coping mechanism.
Republic Navy Starfighter Corps
- Lt. Zarius KESSLER
Red Squadron Leader, RSS Gav Daragon
First Expeditionary Fleet