Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about a Death Match in space.....in real space, zero obstacles.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How about a Death Match in space.....in real space, zero obstacles.

bigbobsr
02.19.2014 , 07:29 AM | #1
No cap ships (just a respawn point), no debris, no nothing just....well, space. Maybe a sun and planets as a back drop or a spiral galaxy or other such fantastic scene from actual universe.

No place to hide no place to run.

I mean, really, there is kinda a lot of empty space out there....scientific terms: A whole bunch of nuthin'

EDIT: 3 or 4 respawn points per side.
█||||||||(•)Ξ████████████████████████████████)

Morgrid
02.19.2014 , 07:38 AM | #2
....How about no.

Makes no sense to have a battle in the middle of nowhere.

bigbobsr
02.19.2014 , 07:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgrid View Post
....How about no.

Makes no sense to have a battle in the middle of nowhere.
Doesn't make sense to me not to have a fight in empty space as there is so much of it. Maybe because that sector of space is important to control for what ever reason. The 2 factions are on space patrol duty there and meet each other. Another reason, it is a pilot test area. Both factions have agreed to a death match there as there isn't any advantages to be had, level playing field. There are an infinite number of reasons to fight there that make sense.
█||||||||(•)Ξ████████████████████████████████)

Brewski
02.19.2014 , 07:47 AM | #4
Unfortunately, with no obstacles or cover to use for retreating or advancing, I think this would basically be bombers turtling an area for gunships to shoot from, with strikes and scouts being flown only by new players who don't have other options, and basically serving as targets for the gunships.

Cover is just too important for the dog fighting classes in a world filled with drones and snipers.

Kuciwalker
02.19.2014 , 07:47 AM | #5
Star Wars space isn't empty. Star Wars space is full of obstacles.

Luckyluzi
02.19.2014 , 07:49 AM | #6
sounds boring
Caldera Legacy ToFN FOXHOUND
Naid/Vanguard Corm/Guardian Raito/Gunslinger Tourian/Shadow
Naid/Powertech Zadeus/Juggernaut Varoq/Assassin Kadar/Operative
Zeres/Sorceress Lelani/Sage Valon/Sentinel Talborn/Commando

Armonddd
02.19.2014 , 08:06 AM | #7
Sounds boring, and there's no reason for it to happen anyway.

Empty space may be prevalent, but occupied space is where war matters.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Morgrid
02.19.2014 , 08:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbobsr View Post
Doesn't make sense to me not to have a fight in empty space as there is so much of it. Maybe because that sector of space is important to control for what ever reason. The 2 factions are on space patrol duty there and meet each other. Another reason, it is a pilot test area. Both factions have agreed to a death match there as there isn't any advantages to be had, level playing field. There are an infinite number of reasons to fight there that make sense.
You know what would be fighting instead of just fighters?

Capital ships.

Now if they had Harrowers and Whateverthepubshipiscalleds battling it out and debris floating around them...

AND made the incoming and outgoing fire from the ships a hazard that would kill you...

I would play that.

In a heartbeat.

nyghtrunner
02.19.2014 , 09:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Unfortunately, with no obstacles or cover to use for retreating or advancing, I think this would basically be bombers turtling an area for gunships to shoot from, with strikes and scouts being flown only by new players who don't have other options, and basically serving as targets for the gunships.

Cover is just too important for the dog fighting classes in a world filled with drones and snipers.
Agreed here. In a situation like that, it wouldn't be a good idea to have more than 1-2 dogfighters to start, and only if the opposing team was using them, and even then, only if the dogfighters were there for defensive purposes. Otherwise, this would probably end up being gunship and rail sentry heaven, unfortunately.

As a scout pilot, this kind of match doesn't sound too appealing to me.
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

Morgrid
02.19.2014 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbobsr View Post
There are an infinite number of reasons to fight there that make sense.
Give me 10.
Darth Imperîus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"