Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's our chance GSFers

Verain
02.17.2015 , 10:49 AM | #21
I don't think Battlefront will really be the same thing as GSF, but I'm very much looking forward to it. Elite and SC are much more simulant, involving stuff like "land your ship" and "buy a component to land your ship" and "this is a world to explore". That's all amazing stuff, and I think these games will be genre-rocking, but... they really are a different genre. GoD Factory: Wingmen has some similarities to GSF in that you spend pretty much all the time in pvp (it's sort of a three space moba), but has almost no players (GSF is likely two-three orders of magnitude more players).
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Nemarus
02.17.2015 , 01:45 PM | #22
So what platform are we all going to play Battlefront on? :P Given my ... attachment ... to Xbox LIVE, I have a certain required bias for Xbox One.

Also I doubt any of my computers will be able to run Battlefront at anything approaching the fidelity of the console-optimized versions.

If I enjoy it on Xbox One--and if I am at least somewhat as good at it as I am at GSF--then I may spring for a better PC to play it at maximum settings.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Zoom_VI
02.17.2015 , 04:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
...just like a wowlike wasn't a good idea when competition was increasing?
...just like how making a clash of clans clone isn't a good idea now that competition is increasing?
...just like how you'll never see a McDonalds near a Burger King or Wendys? After all, competition in that area must be high...
But you have to also look at market size. You have burger kings next to mcdonalds because the demand is that high, space sims are no matter how you try to spin it - are a niche market.

Also using wowlike as as argeument is rather poor. The reason nobody has ever come close to WoW's numbers is because WoW found a niche and dominated said niche, the reason people keep making wow clones is because investors see wow's numbers and want to copy rather than trying to find a new untried niche.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.