Story alighnment

TrumpetNut

So I got to the end of my Chapter 1 Agent story last night. My guy has been pretty darkside all the way through to that point, unlike my first agent. Having read enough spoilers, I was prepared for a tough decision at the end of the chapter, so I wasn't completely caught off-guard when it sat there staring me in the face. Still, I was surprised how unwilling I was, to click the darkside option. For my guy, it simply didn't feel right. Bottom line, he wouldn't do that.

So there I was, regardless of the points he incurred, I clicked lightside and watched him battle away. Was kind of gratifying to know he stuck to his own principles in the end. Even if they didn't match up completely with what the game said a darkside fellow is all about.

As I see it, sticking purely to any particular side of the morality coin limits your actual story experience. I play my characters with some idea in mind of who they are, what's important to them, what it is they're fighting for. So when I do reach those points I have to sit back and think about, it invariably comes down to, what would he / she do, rather than, what points will I earn, shrug.