jump to light speed but no barber?

saremun

seriously, you're that concerned about a barber in game that you had to bump your own thread?!?

Go back to WOW if you need a barber shop that bad. then you can punch cuddly pandas instead. Really, barbers aren't even on the normal TOR players low priority list. Dang kids.

it took Blizzard 4 years before they added barbershops and it was part of major expansion.

while ability to change my character's appearance would be fantastic (I'm especially interested in scars, though makeup and hair would be good too), i completely understand why its low on their list of priorities. I'd rather they focus on actual content, whatever it may entail.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Bioware, I believe has resisted putting this in game because of some idiotic thought that it will take away from leveling alts, I don't remember the exact quote but that's what I took away from it when there was a response early in the games launch.

I can tell you, Bioware, with 100% certainty that people are more likely to spend more time on a character if they like its appearance, and I also know that people make mistakes or aren't happy with how their toons look midway through and are unwilling to start over.

The thread title has had me chuckling since I first read it. Guessing the 'jump to light speed' crash that kills 25% of the playerbase has passed the OP by.

If we ever get a barber in game, you can bet he will be inspired by the infamous Sweeney Todd :eek:

Edited by KariTalRathe

You might as well have WoW stamped on your forehead. It's not a standard game feature nor is it something even remotely needed. Would be nice for fluff but fluff is fluff and should never take priority over actual meaningfull content. You need some fluff for a side attraction but I don't see how a barber would provide hours of entertainment.

seriously, you're that concerned about a barber in game that you had to bump your own thread?!?

Go back to WOW if you need a barber shop that bad. then you can punch cuddly pandas instead. Really, barbers aren't even on the normal TOR players low priority list. Dang kids.

Seriously, it's that big a deal that you even had to post?

Why should anyone care about WOW, even if it has a barber shop? Really, there have been many requests about this. Dang kids like you.

You might as well have WoW stamped on your forehead. It's not a standard game feature nor is it something even remotely needed. Would be nice for fluff but fluff is fluff and should never take priority over actual meaningfull content. You need some fluff for a side attraction but I don't see how a barber would provide hours of entertainment.

Actually it is a standard feature for many mmos and also a highly requested feature when new games come out. It has nothing to do with WoW. It has been asked for many times going all the way back to Beta. So relax, get your troll buddies, and stop being so nasty.

SWG had a whole player profession dedicated to change the looks and stats of player characters (not just face and hair, but also height, weight, muscle, skin/hair/eye color). Basically everything you could adjust at character creation, plus additional options the more skill boxes you had in it.

So, it's got nothing to do with WoW. SWG came out in 2003, WoW in 2004.

Guild Wars 2 recently added a feature to change your character's appearance, but it's something purchased through the Black Lion Trading Company (their version of the Cartel Market). I imagine if BW implements this, it will be in a similar fashion, wherein you purchase a one-time appearance kit, and it's basically the character creation screen/options, in a modified in-game UI. However, this is obviously not a high priority issue, as they're pushing new and revisited content at the moment.

Edit: Not that I disagree with you, I've re-rolled because of my character's appearance before as well.

Edited by Nicolettexiv

Woah! here elderly, have a diaper....

why not? besides WOW is lame and never played it :)

Seriously, it's that big a deal that you even had to post?

Why should anyone care about WOW, even if it has a barber shop? Really, there have been many requests about this. Dang kids like you.

Lotro has it too, just saying...

just for people who say " WOW or what ever game added them after 4 years etc.." why on earth do you compare it to something worse? why not better? why don't SWTOR be the better MMO and add it earlier?

I don't know about others (and I don't know if I could call WoW objectively worse - its a different game

but I personally brought it up, because it took a major developer with high budget this long to implement a feature. so I don't expect bioware to prioritize it over playable content.

they know players want it. its on their agenda... eventually.