Infinate Empire vs Yuuzhan Vong

jaytdasme

What if the The Yuuzhan Vong invaded the Rakata infinite empire instead?

It's my understanding that the Rakata were an advance race of barbaric sith-like warrior/sorcerer type beings. The lore makes them out to all be darth level, drawing on the darkside. The force hounds alone were capable of taking on several je'daii alone. They had the star forge and control of about 500 worlds strong in the force. They were technologically advanced and stomped all that opposed them except for their mysterious plague.

The Yuuzhan Vong had no presence in the force and seemingly had a mild degree of force resistance. They had a lot in common with Rakata as they were also a war centered and dominating species. They more than gave the Galactic alliance a run but would they have wiped out the Rakata?

Edited by jaytdasme

Yes but let's take a look at something. Exactly what was around to actually oppose the Infinite Empire and give it a challenge? Aside from the Je'daii? Though tbh, Force Hounds are rather "eh" compared to much later Force Users, even Xesh isn't all that fantastic from what I know.

I mean they could probably challenge the Vong, but weren't the Vong able to fight against the Jedi of Luke's Order? Not really well versed with the Vong all that much.

Because as far as I know, the Infinite Empire's ships were these things which don't seem that impressive.

Starfighters the same way

Now I could see these walkers doing something maybe but what does the Vong have for their stuff?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes but let's take a look at something. Exactly what was around to actually oppose the Infinite Empire and give it a challenge? Aside from the Je'daii? Though tbh, Force Hounds are rather "eh" compared to much later Force Users, even Xesh isn't all that fantastic from what I know.

I mean they could probably challenge the Vong, but weren't the Vong able to fight against the Jedi of Luke's Order? Not really well versed with the Vong all that much.

Because as far as I know, the Infinite Empire's ships were these things which don't seem that impressive.

Starfighters the same way

Now I could see these walkers doing something maybe but what does the Vong have for their stuff?

well the Yuuzong Vong invaded about 25ABY which doesn't give Luke a ton of time to put together a formidable Order. beyond the big names, Luke, Organa, etc.. i don't they they had much force user opposition even among the hidden sith that were regrouping.

Xesh is no Anakin... but he's nothing to sneeze at either. i'd say he could contend with more modern force users.

Edited by jaytdasme

I'm really just trying to guage how strong the Rakata were... Did they rule so successfully because they were just so far ahead technologically and in terms of force understanding? or where they really Sup'd up Powerhouse race?

well the Yuuzong Vong invaded about 25ABY which doesn't give Luke a ton of time to put together a formidable Order. beyond the big names, Luke, Organa, etc.. i don't they they had much force user opposition even among the hidden sith that were regrouping.

Xesh is no Anakin... but he's nothing to sneeze at either. i'd say he could contend with more modern force users.

I'm not so sure about Xesh, don't think he would. I mean he came from a time when it was still early for just about everything, modern Jedi would have way more knowledge and understanding of how The Force works and combat forms than a Force Hound would.

I'm really just trying to guage how strong the Rakata were... Did they rule so successfully because they were just so far ahead technologically and in terms of force understanding? or where they really Sup'd up Powerhouse race?

I wanna say the former, because what was around during their timeframe to give them any challenge? Because the Republic wasn't even around, same with the Sith IIRC. So...what was there?

There isn't much information on them from what I've seen, but I haven't been reading much in that area.

Really, though, I'm not sure it matters against the Vong.

There isn't much information on them from what I've seen, but I haven't been reading much in that area.

Really, though, I'm not sure it matters against the Vong.

Well the Vong weren't totally force resistant.. Jaina used Force lightening. and I'm sure TK works to some extent.. at least to the point of hurling object at them. Not to mention using the Force to augment one's physical ability.

Well the Vong weren't totally force resistant.. Jaina used Force lightening. and I'm sure TK works to some extent.. at least to the point of hurling object at them. Not to mention using the Force to augment one's physical ability.

As far as I'm aware, Force lightning has been the only effective power against them.

The Sith did kick the Rakata's *** off Korriban under Adas, so we know the Rakata weren't the most powerful force users ever. Still, their tech was pretty powerful and they had a lot of it.

That said, the Rakata were large creatures by humanoid comparison (even ignoring Soa), and they had the Star Forge (perhaps multiple) and had a large number of the galaxy's sentient species serving them as fodder and/or labor. In sheer numbers the Infinite Empire outnumbers the Vong if you include slaves.

I think the presence of the Star Forge('s) would tip the balance heavily in the favor of the Rakata. Still Vong Worldships, shapers, and terraforming could help them out.

I'd say on an individual level that the Rakata are superior to individual Vong, and the Rakata slaves come in numbers far above what the Vong can produce.

Hmm, I'd give my vote to the Rakata but it is an interesting battle.

This is actually one of the best match-ups outside the Kaggaths and Battlezones I've yet to see. Nice job OP.

Oh, and Wolf while I agree the Rakata are never recorded as having faced a major opponent (aside from Sith and Je'daii) but they did rule unquestioned for thousands of years and it took a freakin plague to kill them off. Essentially they were never actually beaten for control of the galaxy.

Also, we don't know a whole lot about their abilities and such, but the Esh-ka fought the Rakata to the point they were considered a "plague" and still the Rakata could overwhelm them and capture them. To do that instead of killing them all shows they were hardly outmatched even by this fierce enemy they themselves respected enough to imprison in some of the deepest levels of their greatest prison.

And had some seriously tough hardware like the Annihilation Droid which is recorded as having been used to destroy entire civilizations.

Edited by StarSquirrel