Revan had already fallen to the Dark Side... again.

WhoDaresWins

Lets put this into perspective:

Revan was building an unstoppable - infinite - army of droids that were intended to stop the Sith Empire once and for all. How do they do this? Wipe out the Sith? That also meant wiping out ANYBODY with a trickle of Sith blood in their veins and to quote HK-47 that meant roughly 97% of the Imperial population. Sith Lords, soldiers, CIVILIANS, even defectors to the Republic (like Elara Dorne in the Trooper storyline). Billions of innocents born on the wrong side of the pond massacred to "save lives".

That is not something a Jedi would do unless they have gone off the deep end towards the Dark Side.

Revan's "mastery" of both the Light and Dark side of the Force was false. Multiple sources state that you cannot use both. Once you get a taste of the good stuff (err, bad) and don't change your ways you are going to keep falling and falling. I think this was intentional on BioWare's part rather than an oversight in the lore. Revan had deluded himself into believing he had mastery over both Light and Dark, he assumed that because he had been redeemed once already it was not going to happen to him again. The truth is that he already had. Being used as the Emperor's slush puppy for three hundred years likely didn't do much for his mental state and the only thing that kept him from going totally batty was the Exile slipping in the odd image of rainbows and puppies where possible.

"I'm doing this to save lies, not for glory!"

"I've saved the Republic twice before!"

Sound familiar? Revan was always somebody who did whatever it took to win. As he fell the first time, he was willing to throw Republic lives away in order to overwhelm the Mandalorians finally coming to a head at Malachor IV. No doubt back then Revan was doing it all to save the Republic - a necessary sacrifice - it was history repeating itself.

Revan was falling down an all too familiar dark path. He was insane and he was deluded. He had no 'mastery' over Light and Dark, he had been redeemed once and thought he could never go down that path again. Whoops. Without trying to prod and poke the Revan fanboys too much I rather like the way things went down; it made him fundamentally flawed and true to his roots rather than the much dumber option of just making him a totally redeemed, amazing, shining, paragon of truth and justice.

Good show.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, you are right.

I was blown away when HK-47 said that they planned to wipe out 97% (dunno the exact number) of the Imperial population. Revan was ******* insane.

I don't understand why the republic was even helping him, hell, that instance should've been for both factions. Revan probably would be okay with killing some republic members if it meant the eventual deconstruction of the Emperor.

Which is why I think the Foundry should've been a raid, would have been a much better ending for Revan.

I don't understand why the republic was even helping him, hell, that instance should've been for both factions. Revan probably would be okay with killing some republic members if it meant the eventual deconstruction of the Emperor.

Which is why I think the Foundry should've been a raid, would have been a much better ending for Revan.

I highly doubt Revan described his idea as "Hey, I'm going to commit genocide on every single Imperial in the galaxy using my infinite army because the Emperor is kind of a dick" - There would be more than a few awkward glances on Tython if he did that, but instead he phrased it more like;

"Hey, I know how we can build a really big droid army to win the war. You guys dig?"

Edited by WhoDaresWins

Tbqh...how would a droid army stop the sith empire anyway?...Unless Revan was gonna combine it with the Republic, as a stand alone army though I doubt it would have done much unless there was some kinda secret plan behind it all to make it work.

They wouldn't do it by itself, but The Foundry was essentially a Star Forge for droids. Throw in an infinite number of droid soldiers to aid the aid the existing Republic military and bam. The later storyline shows the Republic is able to hold its own against the Sith Empire without the help of Revan, so imagine how quickly the war would have been won with literally unlimited reinforcements from machines that don't need logistics outside of transportation.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

Tbqh...how would a droid army stop the sith empire anyway?...Unless Revan was gonna combine it with the Republic, as a stand alone army though I doubt it would have done much unless there was some kinda secret plan behind it all to make it work.

Well it's pretty much endless.. throw an endless army at another army and eventually you're going to win.

Ah guess I missed the part about it being infinite XD.....but if the empire knew the location of the foundry, having an infinite army wouldn't last long seeing as they could just destroy it. So even if they got a massive army together, they could just send in a strike team to destroy it. (This of course if the army was actually built and sent out.)

Ah guess I missed the part about it being infinite XD.....but if the empire knew the location of the foundry, having an infinite army wouldn't last long seeing as they could just destroy it. So even if they got a massive army together, they could just send in a strike team to destroy it. (This of course if the army was actually built and sent out.)

The Republic fleet defending The Foundry was pretty damn large to begin with which is why they need you to steal a transport to get in anyway. The Republic isn't going to give up that resource easily and the moment they realise the Imperial Navy is on the way they'll be hauling arse to save it. In the amount of time it took to assemble a decent armada to attack the Foundry production into those droids will have been going on for some time which is why a strike force (The four biggest Mary Sues in the Empire) are sent in.

Lets also not forget that the 'Infinite Army' also consisted of very heavy anti-fleet weaponry since as you progress through the flashpoint you hear about them coming under attack and being overrun by droids from the place.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

The Republic fleet defending The Foundry was pretty damn large to begin with which is why they need you to steal a transport to get in anyway. The Republic isn't going to give up that resource easily and the moment they realise the Imperial Navy is on the way they'll be hauling arse to save it.

Lets also not forget that the 'Infinite Army' also consisted of very heavy anti-fleet weaponry since as you progress through the flashpoint you hear about them coming under attack and being overrun by droids from the place.

True, would be tougher to get to it but don't think it would be impossible.

Look at KOTOR and that Star Forge. Malak and his Sith had the biggest advantage because they had an endless supply of power ships. Which is a big reason why Bastila was so important at the time. Now think of this Star Forge Revan and the Republic have. Endless supply of power droids, to be use as canon fodder, distraction, hit and run ect. It would have tipped the balance of war big time. That's why the new Star Forge was dangerous.

OF COURSE Revan was back on the Dark Side. I'd like to see your mental health after 300 years of being mind ***** by an ancient Sith Lord. I don't care of Meetra was the female incarnation of Doctor Phil, he's gonna have some issues. It's only natural. Heck, she said Revan was on the edge of being completely lost. Well, he gets out dark side, but still loyal to the republic. That's about where I'd expect him to be.

he did bad for the greater good, mastery of light and dark, and revan is a boss and can do whatever he wants

He also caused the massacre of Malachor IV for the "greater good" of the Republic and look where that led him. As I said, he had no 'mastery' of Light and Dark, he was deluded and thought that he had just because "Hey, I was redeemed once so it can't happen to me again!".

Was it ever explained why the genocide was needed if Revan wanted to kill only Emperor so badly? I guess the madness angle is the only option?

Also idk if it is fair to say he had fallen again. By Drew's retcon, first time doesn't count, bc Emperor did it... (As said in material previous to TOR Revan turned(not fell, but turned;P) to the dark side upon discovering Malachor V during the war. He found there Trayus Academy and learnt about the Empire and decided he needed quicker path. Then the whole battle of Malachor V took so many lives, bc Revan wanted it to as he needed to create wound in the Force to allow himself to win conversion war with Jedi. Also he was cleaning house there from unloyal Republic soldiers. It's all in KotOR 2, but Drew was probably being to lazy to play it... Anyway now it doesn't make sense bc per Revan novel, he didn't have any idea about Sith before beating Mandalore).

When it comes to mastery of lightside and darkside, i guess they wanted to underline the fact he knows them both, not that he is Jedi or Sith. Not to mention, that it makes little sense for Revan to claim being a Jedi as he wasn't fond of being a Jedi by the start of Mandalorian Wars(by Revan novel he got all his memories back).

Personally I agree, but I don't believe the established storyline does or how they managed to work around it.

The sith were believed extinct by most of the galaxy outside of the empire specifically because the jedi/republic exterminated them (with some reports of ritual suicide but that doesn't cover the billions that would have died) after the great hyperspace war 1300 years before the game too, and future stories will again mention that the species is extinct, which doesn't bode well for them.

Its a little messed up.

Revan was always kind of a machiavellian sociopath. Everything we learned of him before and during the Mandalorian Wars implied he was the guy who'd sacrifice anything if it would help get him what he wanted. There's a reason he fell to the darkside in the first place. Mastering the Lightside and the darkside just sounded like nonsense the Revanites (and Kriea) spouted in their obsession with him.

The 97% figure just suggests to me that HK-47 is bugged. Given the Sith's supremacist attitudes, the number of Imperial citizens with any Sith ancestry can't possibly be that high.

That doesn't mean that Revan was actually behaving at all rationally, or being guided by anything other than the Dark Side in the process.

The 97% figure just suggests to me that HK-47 is bugged. Given the Sith's supremacist attitudes, the number of Imperial citizens with any Sith ancestry can't possibly be that high.

That doesn't mean that Revan was actually behaving at all rationally, or being guided by anything other than the Dark Side in the process.

not really, most of the citizens where isolated for a long time, and "having sith blood" can range anywhere from "my father was a pureblood" to "my great great great great grandmother was a pureblood" so its certainly possible.

It's all in KotOR 2, but Drew was probably being to lazy to play it... Anyway now it doesn't make sense bc per Revan novel, he didn't have any idea about Sith before beating Mandalore).

Just so you know, after Revan novel came out I also became pretty sure Drew didn't play KOTOR2. He propably just read some short plot description.