PvE DPS

adrunktick

I was under the impression that death field should never be used right after recklessness because it eats both charges. My opener has always been affliction > recklessness > relic > adrenal > force lightning > death field > crushing darkness (wrath proc) > creeping terror, and then basically the same priority list you are using.

Thoughts?

If DF hits 2 targets it'll take 2 charges, against a single target boss it'll only take 1 charge

This is my rotation which ive never had a problem with:

CreepingTerror>Affliction>DF>Reckless>ForceLightning(x2)>CD(with Wrath)>FL rinse repeat

Not using a charge of Recklessness on Death Field will lose you a bit of dps, a crit on Death Field is your biggest single target hit, about 5k I think, been a while since I used my sorc in ops.

Not using a charge of Recklessness on Death Field will lose you a bit of dps, a crit on Death Field is your biggest single target hit, about 5k I think, been a while since I used my sorc in ops.

Ive found for me I do more overall dps using them on FL. But Ill test it out again on my DF and see what the difference is

Ive found for me I do more overall dps using them on FL. But Ill test it out again on my DF and see what the difference is

Well, from using my numbers on a quick test:

The amount of damage gained from it is higher, death field gets a crit multiplier in your skill tree.

4 ticks of force lightning at 660 = 2640

4 ticks at force lightning 1163 = 4652

Death field non crit = 2254

Death field crit = 4734

Damage gained from using it on Force lightning = 2012

Damage gained from using it on Death field = 2480.

Also a parse of mine with full 61 gear, but with the 63 hilt and dread guard relics from a while ago (I usually spec healing).

http://www.torparse.com/a/59278/time/1354129953/1354130254

Edited by Truescopes

This is my rotation which ive never had a problem with:

CreepingTerror>Affliction>DF>Reckless>ForceLightning(x2)>CD(with Wrath)>FL rinse repeat

Also a bit more in depth, if I'm not wrong Crushing Darkness is the hardest hitting dot? So you want it to take the most Deathmark charges.

Having creeping terror and affliction eating away at deathmark charges while you channel 2 force lightnings instead of 1 means Crushing Darkness could miss out on a few Deathmark charges. However that's not hugely important, just perfect priority talk

Also a bit more in depth, if I'm not wrong Crushing Darkness is the hardest hitting dot? So you want it to take the most Deathmark charges.

Opposite actually, hits hard up front, but dot ticks are lowest, so you want affliction, creeping terror to get most of em.

Crushing Darkness ticks for less damage but does its damage quicker. There is no real reason to try to use all your deathmark charges on Crushing Darkness, but one thing you have to consider is that Death Field and Crushing Darkness are on the same 15 second cooldown. Keeping them together helps you track the cooldown. At least for me, it also gives a constant to help me also track when Affliction and Creeping Terror might be coming off the target. I cast Death Field and C rushing Darkness back to back in rotation, and most of the other Sorc and Sage DPS I've seen do the same. Fact is, you are going to use most of your deathmark charges on Crushing Darkness anyway because it ticks so much faster. If you try to time it where you are casting Death Field and Crushing Darkness, say, seven seconds apart, you could get one or two more deathmark charges on Creeping Terror and Affliction, but the difference is going to be minimal. It's also going to make it much harder to get your rotation as perfect as possible.