light and dark side will be useless.

redluna

...Or as a [basic, shallow, but still fun] metered indicator of your moral direction for the character. As it should be.

Or perhaps have a connection to some of the Legacy system stuff.

"You get to customize Project! Now here's the Light, Dark, and Grey options..."

As it should be.

alignment requirements on gear is just dumb. Hell, I would scrap alignment altogether, this isn't D&D, you choose your own morality at any given time, at least you should.

Next on the hacking block for me would be companion affection gains during conversations....am I playing the way I want to or the way Vette wants me to? GONE!

alignment requirements on gear is just dumb. Hell, I would scrap alignment altogether, this isn't D&D, you choose your own morality at any given time, at least you should.

Next on the hacking block for me would be companion affection gains during conversations....am I playing the way I want to or the way Vette wants me to? GONE!

Both things are things you dont have to abide by without them changing anything

:confused:

Unless you progress alignment you are gimped for your relic slots until capped and you get the PvE/PvP tier relics. So until some neutral relics are released with comparable stats your guided towards choosing an alignment.

Both things persuade you into picking certain options. I don't ever want to esc out of a conversation because I picked something my companion had a problem with.

Sure, I could ignore the companion and it means almost nothing. But it is annoying. Who plays a game to be annoyed?

Who plays a game to be annoyed?

MMO players it seems (judging by forum complaints).

I can't imagine why you'd want to remove affection gains/losses from conversation choices. It is a clever and interesting aspect of the story. Should I do this because I want to, even though it pisses off the girl I want to love me?. Also gaining affection is easy enough through gift giving if you insist on pissing your companions off by your actions.

Ashara: "I hate you because you killed all those Jedi!"

Me: "Here, have some Republic Memorabilia."

Ashara: "Oh you shouldn't have. Want to make out now?"

Dark side and light side gear restrictions are already pretty weak as it is. I would prefer if my dark/light choices were more meaningful in terms of responses from NPCs and possibly gear choices (or at least appearance). Something that irks me a little is that even when I consistently make light side choices as a Sith all the NPCs I meet say stuff like "the dark side is strong in this one..."

Edited by Verasmis

on the next patch, this feature will be just for the story quest.

The system has always been about worthless. It was a shallow system to begin with.

Wait... relics don't have alignment requirement now?

Only those when leveling up, the end game relics from raids don't use it.

on the next patch, this feature will be just for the story quest.

Then you don't get what this game is about. This game isn't about light and dark, it is about survival.

Edit: And as much as I currently hate this game, this patch is the first of hopefully many steps in the right direction of bringing me back.

Edited by Tuscad

Apparently, that your sole reason for playing, judging by your post history, lol.

Again and typical, fanboy talks about poster rather then the GAME. Which is all I have been discussing. Cept for this post. Talking about fanboys this post.

Then you don't get what this game is about. This game isn't about light and dark, it is about survival.

Edit: And as much as I currently hate this game, this patch is the first of hopefully many steps in the right direction of bringing me back.

Funny how your sig asks BioWare to be more creative, and the very thing in this game that is quite unique and creative, namely story choices and alignment choices, you seem to be against.

I guess by creative, you mean "make it more like WoW" not less.