so, server transfers...

Metaspark

have we heard ANYTHING about them other than "they are coming soon"?

and not the Asia Pacific transfers, I mean transfers in general

I'm really enjoying my sentinel, but she is on a depressingly underpopulated server, and I would love to transfer her to Lord Adrass, but...you see the problem :/ should I be patient and wait for transfers to come out, or just roll a new one and endure the 30 levels again?

Yes, do research.

thank you ever so much for your valuable input, these forums would be horribly lost without you

End of April for free AU, right? So US I'm guessing a month after that... Maybe longer.

you get a much less sarcastic thanks

Hello everyone,

In our Developer Tracker, Stephen Reid recently gave some more information regarding Server Transfers in light of them eventually being available for the Asia Pacific Launch:

Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

In the meantime, we ask if you have any feedback, thoughts, or concerns on this matter, to join in the on-going discussion in the following thread, since we will be closing this one: Free transfers in the future?

Thank you.