light and dark side will be useless.

redluna

Funny how your sig asks BioWare to be more creative, and the very thing in this game that is quite unique and creative, namely story choices and alignment choices, you seem to be against.

I guess by creative, you mean "make it more like WoW" not less.

Again, talking about community members rather then subject at hand. Just pointing that out.

Funny how your sig asks BioWare to be more creative, and the very thing in this game that is quite unique and creative, namely story choices and alignment choices, you seem to be against.

I guess by creative, you mean "make it more like WoW" not less.

Creative meant make it less like other mmo's, I am for the story choices and have never claimed to have not been, thanks for playing. Also your post has nothing to do with the subject but rather harrassing community members.

Edited by Tuscad

Again and typical, fanboy talks about poster rather then the GAME. Which is all I have been discussing. Cept for this post. Talking about fanboys this post.

sorry, my fanboism has already been disproven. You can't have it both ways.

But enough about me. Back to how I want the game to be: More meaningful lightside/darkside choices.

But enough about me. Back to how I want the game to be: More meaningful lightside/darkside choices.

What do you mean by meaningful? If you mean the story around you changes somehow, then I could agree with you. It's these cosmetic requirements I can't stand.

Creative meant make it less like other mmo's, I am for the story choices and have never claimed to have not been, thanks for playing. Also your post has nothing to do with the subject but rather harrassing community members.

Then tell me what this quote is about:

Then you don't get what this game is about. This game isn't about light and dark, it is about survival.

Then tell me what this quote is about:

That lightside and darkside are irrelevant in this war. This war is about survival, the galaxy doesn't care if you are dark or light unless you are a Jedi and even then only the Council cares. Your character's goal is to survive this war and in order to survive this war you should have access to the best equipment, you should not let your morals and choices restrict whatever can keep you alive.

Source about the war being about survival:

Edit: 36 seconds into the video.

Edited by Tuscad

What do you mean by meaningful? If you mean the story around you changes somehow, then I could agree with you. It's these cosmetic requirements I can't stand.

What you call cosmetic, I call aesthetic. For example, there's a reason, an important reason mind you, that Lucas chose red for Empire/Dark side. It is a color of passion, of blood, of anger. It has a powerful mythological bearing on our psyche.

Now BioWare wants to do away with LS/DS restrictions meant to embody that mythological dynamic. That's an aesthetic decision. NOT a cosmetic one.

alignment requirements on gear is just dumb. Hell, I would scrap alignment altogether, this isn't D&D, you choose your own morality at any given time, at least you should.

Next on the hacking block for me would be companion affection gains during conversations....am I playing the way I want to or the way Vette wants me to? GONE!

Seriously, dude, just go play WoW then. One of the fundamental aspects of the whole Star Wars theme is light/dark.

That lightside and darkside are irrelevant in this war. This war is about survival, the galaxy doesn't care if you are dark or light unless you are a Jedi and even then only the Council cares. Your character's goal is to survive this war and in order to survive this war you should have access to the best equipment, you should not let your morals and choices restrict whatever can keep you alive.

Wow...are you playing Republic at all? lol. Their main themes are overwhelmingly against ends justifies the means, which is what you're saying.

In fact, most of the Jedi LS choices in dialog hinge on that very philosophical question: Should the ends justify the means.

In these cases, your character can choose the Lightside choice of no, the ends do not justify the means. Thus you take the more difficult, but honorable/good path to succeed.

Edited by Cerion

Wow...are you playing Republic at all? lol. Their main themes are overwhelmingly against ends justifies the means, which is what you're saying.

In fact, most of the Jedi LS choices in dialog hinge on that very philosophical question: Should the ends justify the means.

In these cases, you character can choose the Lightside choice of no, the ends do not justify the means. Thus you take the more difficult, but honorable/good path to succeed.

That is one way you can play it but it is not the only way, there is no proper way to play this game. This game is about character development or well it is supposed to be and thus people should be able to wield what the want and act how they want.

alignment requirements on gear is just dumb. Hell, I would scrap alignment altogether, this isn't D&D, you choose your own morality at any given time, at least you should.

Next on the hacking block for me would be companion affection gains during conversations....am I playing the way I want to or the way Vette wants me to? GONE!

If Vette doesn't like the way I do things then 'SHOCK'. I can aways buy her affection by giving her gifts like that ring you get off your original masters severed hand.

That is one way you can play it but it is not the only way, there is no proper way to play this game. This game is about character development or well it is supposed to be and thus people should be able to wield what the want and act how they want.

fer fuxsake dude, you're the one who began by saying this game is about survivability. You were the one imposing a restriction. Now you want to backtrack and say it's about choice?

Okay. It's about choice. I actually agree with you. However, I want my choices to actually matter. I want LS/DS decisions to matter. I want affection choices to matter.

Because if they don't, then you get the same old vanilla game that your signature apparently (or falsely?) is railing against.

If Vette doesn't like the way I do things then 'SHOCK'. I can aways buy her affection by giving her gifts like that ring you get off your original masters severed hand.

I know. I see these players oh so concerned about what their companions think of them, lol. I guess the game DOES have a real life affect on people after all.

For the record, I play my character the way he would act. If one of my companions disagrees...that's tough. As a Jedi, I've gotten several negative hits from Kira because I show mercy to Imperials. Of course I'm right and she's wrong, but I still love her. ;)

Whereas on my Sith Marauder, his character is almost always in line with Vette's way of thinking....except when he wants to sleep with every lady in the galaxy and makes her watch, lol. She doesn't like that very much.

These are aspects of the game to be cherished. I'm so sad that some of you lot miss out on it.

fer fuxsake dude, you're the one who began by saying this game is about survivability. You were the one imposing a restriction. Now you want to backtrack and say it's about choice?

Okay. It's about choice. I actually agree with you. However, I want my choices to actually matter. I want LS/DS decisions to matter. I want affection choices to matter.

Because if they don't, then you get the same old vanilla game that your signature apparently (or falsely?) is railing against.

I apologise for not being clear. (Not being rude by Bolding everything just trying to make my points easier to understand). Alignment on Equipment is retarded.

Choice is good.

The war is about doing what it takes to survive thus making alignment on equipment retarded.

This was also my first MMO, I don't care about WoW or anything else, the Star Wars name and Bioware brand name is what drew me here. This is a mistake I won't make again.

Edited by Tuscad

Umm... well if you're not happy then unsub... easy solution.

But I agree, this watering-down of iconic colors (I don't give a gnat's fart about the EU) is just a step away fromthe the RPG aspects that makes this game a little different. I hope they change their minds.

What you call cosmetic, I call aesthetic. For example, there's a reason, an important reason mind you, that Lucas chose red for Empire/Dark side. It is a color of passion, of blood, of anger. It has a powerful mythological bearing on our psyche.

Now BioWare wants to do away with LS/DS restrictions meant to embody that mythological dynamic. That's an aesthetic decision. NOT a cosmetic one.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the whole red saber for dark side and green for light side was nothing more than an effect added to the movie to help distinguish the sides for the viewing audience. There was no different color lightsabers in the original concept.

I apologise for not being clear. (Not being rude by Bolding everything just trying to make my points easier to understand). Alignment on Equipment is retarded.

Choice is good.

The war is about doing what it takes to survive thus making alignment on equipment retarded.

This was also my first MMO, I don't care about WoW or anything else, the Star Wars name and Bioware brand name is what drew me here. This is a mistake I won't make again.

The war you're fighting perhaps. Not my Jedi Knight. He's decidedly NOT doing whatever it takes to survive. In fact, he's offered his life in many cases to try to avert the deaths of others (of course the GAME doesn't allow that, but that's fine..just like the protagonist in a movie or book rarely dies).

Again, the ends justifies the means philosophy is a part of this game. You certainly have a choice in hundreds of cases to let the ends justify the means. But that is a dark side choice. Those choices should have more impact in game in my opinion, because it will set this game apart more from vanilla WoW type games. One of the way your choices can have an impact, then, is to restrict various goods by alignment. That's a beneficial thing!

We live in such a memememe, narcissistic society, we're conditioned to think that any restrictions, any boundaries are bad. But that is not universally true. Choices with real consequences. That what I crave.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the whole red saber for dark side and green for light side was nothing more than an effect added to the movie to help distinguish the sides for the viewing audience. There was no different color lightsabers in the original concept.

Yes, that is also a benefit of that choice. It harkens back to the old black and white Westerns where the bad cowboys had black hats and the good guys had white. So ask yourself, does an artist do anything arbitrarily? I mean a good artist? Lucas could have chosen any colors. But he has a strong background in mythology. He chose red for the reasons stated. Just as the black hats and white hats fulfilled a dual purpose of differentiation and mythology.