Star Fortress: Liberate (planet)

LordFell

Somewhere along the line, someone introduced a bug to this that there is no Player-side work around.

Here's what happens... when you get to the point where you have to blow up a Star Fortress to liberate a planet, and it's the final stage to Recruit the Resistance Leader from that planet... you go to the Shuttle Master (either Lt. Marklo for Imperial, or Sgt. Akhar for Republic). When you talk to this NPC, he gives you the generic, non-Liberating Quest to destroy a Star Fortress. If you abandon this quest, you cannot enter the Star Fortress instance. If you enter the Star Fortress instance, you can no longer abandon this quest. If you complete the Star Fortress in this mode... you do NOT progress your Planet Liberation chain... you get credit for a generic Star Fortress.

I've run 5 Star Fortresses trying to get a planet liberated, and it just doesn't work. I've followed the suggestions from customer service reps, and none of those fix the problem. There is a Bug on the SWTOR side, that can only be fixed by someone jiggering the code.

....this content is JUST NOT FUN ENOUGH for me to be running it on speculation. It needs to be fixed so I can get credit, recruit my companion, and... probably never run it again.

You know there are two different Star Fortress missions, right?

You know that they were originally called Solo and Heroic H2+, but are now called Story and Veteran?

You know that traces of the old naming remain, and these confuse people?

You know that only Heroic H2+ / Veteran will actually liberate the planet? Solo / Story is just a repeat of the intelligence-gathering mission, and only needs to be done once.

You know that despite appearances, H2/Veteran is quite capable of being done without other players? That is, Solo/Story is not necessary if you want to do them alone, and won't help anyway.

It *is* a minor l2p(1) check - unlike most earlier content, you do need to play your class reasonably well. No, not at Nightmare (Master) Mode Ops level, but not at tooling-around-Balmorra level either.

(1) Learn to play. I count myself in this. I had to learn better how my class worked in order to take these missions without other players. The Vaylin fight at the end of KotET, on the other hand, is a *major* l2p check that includes "learn to take advantage of mechanics".

All this "you know..." is a bunch of useless, irritating... stuff... because no, I don't really "know" what you're saying, other than I don't think you "know" what the problem is.

Your default, Forum-Troll "Lern2Play" response suggests you THINK I am having trouble completing the instance... no, not at all. I've successfully completed the instance about 6 times since I've discovered this bug. The problem is, the game insists on giving me a Quest I don't want, and gives me credit for completing THAT quest and not the Quest I *want* to complete... and there seems to be no in-game way to force the game into doing what I need it to do. I've been doing it on Story Mode, but I've done it on Heroic in the past... but, honestly, if doing it Heroic were a requirement, either the quest should say so (it doesn't) or the Customer Service Team should be suggesting this (they haven't).

I do realize that they've definitely made some changes to the way Star Fortress is run, and I'm pretty sure this change is what broke the quest I'm trying to do... but your "you know Heroic 2+/Story are now" diatribe... no. I don't know. I don't know how what you're saying is at all useful.

...try again, with less condescension (I do technical work, and I work with the general public. I condescend to more people by lunch than most people condescend to all week, so that doesn't fly with be, boy) and more actual helpfulness (I do technical work, and work with the general public, I help more people by lunch than most people help all week, so I know actual helpfulness when I see it).

Iam not Steve,but ... recruitment quest says heroic flashpoint is required to done it.

Yeah and the naming of difficulty is confusing really alot,becoz for kotfe/kotet chapters the naming of difficulty is different then other content and its also different level of difficulty in result as well.:confused:

Edited by REVAN_cz