TV/Netflix Addictions

JennyFlynn

Just a little Off Topic discussion. I'm a big TV watcher and tend to have Netflix run on my 2nd screen while playing SWTOR or doing whichever really, just seeing if there's other folks out there enjoying the same shows or perhaps have something new to recommend. :)

I currently follow;

- The Flash

- Arrow

- Legends of Tomorrow

- Gotham

- S.H.I.E.L.D

- Sleepy Hollow

- Supergirl

- Vikings

- Reign

- Salem

- The Vampire Diaries

- The Originals

- Game of Thrones

- Doctor Who

- The Walking Dead (gave up on Fear the Walking Dead, can't get into it)

- Once Upon a Time

- The 100

Also recently watched all of Prison Break on Netflix finally and started watching Outlander which is surprisingly good. Orange is the New Black (hi Marr!). Watched Breaking Bad though I've yet to start on Better Call Saul. Currently watching House MD as I never got around to it when it was originally airing (thanks work!) so yeah. Anyone else wanna share and make me feel like less of an obsessed freak? :D

Aside from awesome movies on the SyFy channel most of what I watch comes from Netflix these days, they go something like this (just the ones I can think of off the top of my head)

The Originals

Vampire Diaries

The 100

Daredevil

Gotham

30 Rock

Various other big shows

House of Cards

The Seven Deadly Sins

Sword Art Online

Madoka Magica (both the season and the movies, which just retell the series)

Pokemon

Yuki Yuna is a Hero

Glitter Force

Yo-Kai Watch

You can now feel like less of an obsessed freak.

Edited by Fireswraith

While I don't watch quite as many, I do watch:

Arrow

Flash

Outlander

Game of Thrones

Once Upon a Time

Supernatural

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Supergirl (though I'm kind of on the fence with it atm)

On my list to watch, I have:

The Ranch (looks interesting and I'm an old school Sam Elliott fan)

Last Man Standing

Longmire

I've watched all of the Star Treks over the past few years. Fringe was pretty good. The final season was a bit out there, though. But overall I thought it was a good show. Let's see.. Farscape was pretty decent. Dark Matter was ok. Continuum was good (didn't particularly like the ending, though). Lost was good - don't know if it's still available on Netflix or not. Dr. Who up until about 2 years ago. Torchwood (Spin-off of Dr. Who). Heroes and Heroes Reborn.

There are a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I like Netflix at times, however I kind of like Amazon Prime Instant Video better. I like the originals there a bit better than some of the Netflix ones, and it's also actually cheaper and it includes a lot of cool extras such as free shipping and discounts. Also they have that HBO contract, and a bunch of shows that are exclusive to them on the web.

some of the shows on your list I watch as well :)

stopped watching sleepy hollow few episodes short of a finale, and having read the recaps - feel zero desire to catch up.

of the still ongoing shows, I watch

The 100

Arrow

Flash

Legends of tomorrow

Blindspot

Lucifer

Agents of Shield

Castle (though starting to lose interest)

Izombie

hoping for renewal of

Supergirl

Galavant

Agent Carter

on Netflix

all of Marvel. all of it. Jon Benrthal is a gift as Punisher. seriously.

Orange is the new black

Young Justice (dear got, let them make the third season that show so very much deserves it)

Leverage

Mr Fisher Murder Mysteries

Marco Polo

Sense8 (its so weird... and yet compelling and season finale is awesome)

thinking of going for House of Cards, but with all of the above, haven't had a chance to find time for it

that's off the top of my head/most recent stuff

I sometimes try out new stuff/occasionally rewatch old favorites (case in point Leverage)

edited to add - have considered amazon prime, but their originals don't interest me as much, and after trial months and marathoning all of Covert affairs, i was kinda done.

edited again... can't believe I forgot Elementary.. but then again.. its not on Hulu and while it hasn't been going downhill as much as Sleepy hollow, it HAS been losing steam here and there.

also, the Librarians, but then again - its not on a network I have legal acess to so I end up catching up on it months after season is done.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Let's see...I watch:

Game of Thrones

Salem

Supernatural

BBC Sherlock

Better Call Saul

Lucifer

Outlander

Breaking Bad (when it was on)

True Blood (when it was on)

Castle (lost interest a while ago, but catch reruns)

Big Bang Theory

I think that's about it, if I remember anything else, I'll toss it up.

Edited by Lunafox

Shows I'm following that I won't split my attention from by playing SWTOR at the same time:

• The 100 (I'm so far behind this season :p)
  • Arrow / Flash / Legends of Tomorrow
  • Elementary
  • Rebels
  • Leverage (re-watch)
  • Agents of SHIELD / Agent Carter
  • The Originals

Shows I'll put on and watch while also playing SWTOR:

• Doctor Who
  • Big Bang Theory
  • Gotham
  • Star Trek (re-watch)

Shows I'm caught up on and am looking forward to new seasons of:

• Sherlock
  • Daredevil / Jessica Jones (and other future Defenders series)
  • iZombie

Shows that I now want to re-watch since you've got me thinking about the shows I watch:

• Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender / Legend of Korra

Bonus - Not really a TV show but something I enjoy the heck out of watching:

Critical Role - show on Geek & Sundry's Twitch channel of eight voice actors playing a D&D campaign they've had going years, including Laura Bailey (who voices Kira).

Edited by DarthDymond

Aaaah, I have watched so many shows since I got Netflix... :D I always forgot watch the shows I was supposed to watch, but now I don't have that problem anymore!

So, I mostly watch shows from Netflix or by buying full seasons as a dvd. And no, I don't watch any shows while playing games, too distracting.

Shows I've watched and liked

- Criminal Minds (Profiling! Criminal psychology! Profiling! Thomas Gibson in a suit! What could be better? :D)

- Stargate Universe (Yes, I actually liked SGU. For everyone who thinks I'm a traitor to everything that is science fiction: COME AT ME BRO! I WATCH ANYTHING WITH ROBERT CARLYLE IN IT!)

- Doctor Who (Though I liked it better when Russell T. Davies was still running the show.)

- Torchwood (I even watched the last season! It was not good.)

- Being Human (UK version. Have not seen the US version.)

- Once Upon a Time (And I'm probably several seasons behind by now since this one's not on Netflix...)

- Hannibal (No Anthony Hopkins here, but hey, Hannibal Lecter is still Hannibal Lecter)

- Dexter (I really should watch less shows about serial killers, shouldn't I?)

- Legend of the Seeker (I also considered reading the books this is based on, but then I heard Darken Rahl is only in the first one.)

- White Collar (Why, Finnish Netflix, WHY do you only have five seasons of this, when google is happy to tell me there are in fact six seasons, and the fifth seasons ends in a cliffhanger?! Note to self, buy sixth season of White Collar from online.)

- Daredevil. (I don't often like the main character in superhero shows, but I actually like Matt.)

- Better Call Saul (It's like Breaking Bad, but characters are likeable!)

- Avatar: The Last Airbender (I don't know why I like this one. I just do!)

- Hemlock Grove (Famke Janssen can play one awesome female villain...)

- House M.D. (One of those shows I was supposed to watch from TV...but I always forgot. Now buying seasons on dvd.)

Have watched, but were not my favourites:

- Supernatural. (I sincerely liked the first season. Nowadays my reasons for watching this are Misha Collins, Misha Collins, Misha Collins and Destiel. If they ever fire Misha Collins from the show, I won't watch it anymore. :p)

- The Walking Dead (I don't know what bothers me about this one. I like some of the characters, dislike some, but I guess I never just got hooked on.)

- BBC Sherlock (It was hard to decide which category this belonged to. In the one hand, it's the one Sherlock Holmes adaptation I can stand. In another, comparing to the original short stories I like, Holmes is only a little like the original Holmes, and this is getting worse and worse as the show goes on - and the reason I can't stand most Holmes-adaptations is because Holmes is nothing like the original Holmes in those.)

- Breaking Bad (Hard to like a show when you dislike most of the characters. Especially the main characters.)

- Agent Carter (I liked most of the characters, but I don't like how she was reduced to some "secretary by day, investigator by night"-role after being much more awesome in the Captain America movie.)

- Jessica Jones (Watched a couple of episodes because of David Tennant, but main character felt too much like the cliche of "rough private detector". And there was not enough David Tennant.)

- Arrow (Again, I don't much care for the main character, but a couple of other characters are okay. However, the plot often feels a bit too...comic-y, for the lack of better word.)

- Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod is kind of hot. Ichabod is also kind of funny. Aaaaand...that's about it.)

- Heroes (Watched the first season, but only liked a couple of characters and haven't touched any other seasons yet.)

- American Horror Story (I liked the first season, but almost completely gave up on the second season. The third season is still on my to watch -list, though.)

...and several I probably already forgot about. And to answer the question you all are asking right now: no, I have no life.

Edited by Seireeni

- Stargate Universe (Yes, I actually liked SGU. For everyone who thinks I'm a traitor to everything that is science fiction: COME AT ME BRO! I WATCH ANYTHING WITH ROBERT CARLYLE IN IT!)

Oooh you reminded me, watched the original SG-1 and SG-Atlantis (with Khal Drogo Jason omg gimme). Still intend to watch SG-U because Robert.. <3

@Porsa; I got lost on Lost, still need to finish it :o Farscape was good and I forgot.. Firefly <3 Kinda love Nathan Fillion.. except in Buffy. >.>

Can't say much to Amazon Prime watching.. never tried it and I may not be able to given the fact that I'm in the Netherlands and we don't have it here, from what I've seen.

@Jeweledleah; I watched Daredevil S2 as well but had to get used to seeing Jon Bernthal.. after his time on TWD and another movie role where he plays kind of an arse I really had to get used to him as Frank Castle :o Guess he makes for a very convincing a-hole.

@Luna; True Blood! Almost forgot about that already. Loved the show though towards the end it kinda became meh, lost it's fire. I haven't tried Sherlock yet, never really been into it and the movie with RDJ was kinda boring.. I think, I don't remember cos I kinda fell asleep. :o

Looks like there's a lot of people enjoying Flash/Arrow/Legends :eek: Yay!!

Some shows I used to watch are also Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Xena, Hercules, The Tudors oh and Friends. Those are shows I'm likely to re-watch whenever I'm bored and all my current shows are on their stupid summer break. :D

ha! it was easier for me to just see him as Frank Castle, becasue I don't watch the walking dead and the only movie I have seen with him at least recently is The Snitch, so... :p

amusingly enough I looked up other stuff he has done and apparently he can be just as convincing in comedy O_O

Charmed! I loved that show so much when it was still on. been rewatching it little by little, and I forgot how cheesy it was :p still love it though, but kinda annoyed that Netflix intro uses last seasons instrumental music instead of original song.

and speaking of rewatching old favorites - Gilmore girls :D looking forward to the reuinion. and if you have seen and liked Gilmore girls, I would highly recommend bunheads. it was canceled after just one season, but IMO still worth watching.

why yes, I have no life :p I've also gotten used to working with a TV show running in a background after working for this one company (TV was hanging sort of in front of all our desks, so it was easy to see it AND work), so now even though i freelance nowadays, I still kept that habit of having a show running in a background and watching it from the corner of my eye :p otherwise, I'd never have anywhere near enough time to watch all the stuff i end up watching AND get any work done :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

@Jenny Give BBC Sherlock a chance, Benedict Cumberbatch is to die for, I absolutely love him. I just don't love the extreme waiting periods between series. True Blood was great, until just after the Witch season, which was 4 I think. Then it declined. Eric was always my main reason for watching, he and Pam were awesome. I hated how they ended it...the end of the series failed as hard as the end of the books unfortunately, but I am speaking as someone who was shipping Eric and Sookie. I could have even accepted Bill and Sookie if done right, but yeah, I ended up disappointed.

@Jeweledleah I watched Charmed too when it was on! Loved the theme song, and I shipped Cole and Phoebe big time. I really need to rewatch it at some point, cause I forget how it all ended up. :D

@Seireeni I used to watch Being Human UK too, I sort of lost track of it, as they were always shifting it around on the schedule, but I really liked it. I really despised the US rip off version, I watch a few of it and yeah, it was just anger inducing.

Edited by Lunafox

@Jenny Give BBC Sherlock a chance, Benedict Cumberbatch is to die for, I absolutely love him. I just don't love the extreme waiting periods between series. True Blood was great, until just after the Witch season, which was 4 I think. Then it declined. Eric was always my main reason for watching, he and Pam were awesome. I hated how they ended it...the end of the series failed as hard as the end of the books unfortunately, but I am speaking as someone who was shipping Eric and Sookie. I could have even accepted Bill and Sookie if done right, but yeah, I ended up disappointed.

God yes I loved Eric and Pam and I was absolutely shipping Eric and Sookie.. Bill was.. okay but, he bothered me. I like people with a balanced good and bad side, not some goody two-shoes wholesome gentleman like Bill who then absolutely flips and goes psycho once he tastes the bad. Just makes me think "bugger off tool". :D and I adored Lafayette.

High five for Jenny for knowing how awesome Robert Carlyle is! :D I strongly recommend trying out SGU, especially if you don't mind shows that are more about drama and less about action.

SGU was actually the first time I saw Carlyle on screen - and I have to say, I was quite impressed. In fact, when I heard that Disney scrapped the SW expanded universe, my reaction was pretty much "that's it, I'm not watching the new movies...unless Robert Carlyle is in them.". :p

@Seireeni I used to watch Being Human UK too, I sort of lost track of it, as they were always shifting it around on the schedule, but I really liked it. I really despised the US rip off version, I watch a few of it and yeah, it was just anger inducing.

I can't even watch a show on tv when they don't keep changing the time, so thankfully I watched Being Human from Netflix. :D Good to know the US version is not worth checking out, I won't waste my time on it then.

Young Justice (dear got, let them make the third season that show so very much deserves it)

I watched all the Justice League, JL Unlimited, and Young Justice seasons. It is a shame that they stopped making them, I loved all 3.

God yes I loved Eric and Pam and I was absolutely shipping Eric and Sookie.. Bill was.. okay but, he bothered me. I like people with a balanced good and bad side, not some goody two-shoes wholesome gentleman like Bill who then absolutely flips and goes psycho once he tastes the bad. Just makes me think "bugger off tool". :D and I adored Lafayette.

I keep hearing they might do an Eric and Pam spinoff, but I'm not sure that's going to happen, ASkars seems to be into the movies these days. Bill always came off as a bit of a phony to me, especially after he became sheriff and was more obviously into the ALV and the Authority.

But, he wanted to be human and Sookie didn't want to be a fae, so my ending would have been that she blasts him to drain her fae powers and ends up curing him and they end up together. It started with them, I could have lived with it ending with them, but yah, I totally shipped Eric and Sookie. Loved Lafayette, he was so awesome. Also loved Russell Edgington :D

This scene...my gods, can I swear my devotion to Russell? LOL.

I can't even watch a show on tv when they don't keep changing the time, so thankfully I watched Being Human from Netflix. :D Good to know the US version is not worth checking out, I won't waste my time on it then.

Yeah, it makes me a bit nuts when they do that, so I'll have to do the whole netflix thing or get the dvds if they're out there or something. I really hated the US version, but ultimately, you have to decide these things on your own, but for me after the UK version, US version sucked.

Edited by Lunafox

I love Netflix... but I'm running out of things to watch. Strangely I don't watch a lot of things either :p was mostly into documentaries, LOST, Fringe, The Walking Dead, Digimon...

Lately I've been watching... Game of Thrones. Obviously. And I decided to unsub from netflix for a while, and go with amazon prime. Mostly because netflix is gonna jack up the price for subs anyway, and amazon prime costs exactly the same. I've been with netflix since the beginning, so it felt sad :(. But lots of stuff on amazon instant I haven't seen yet, like Vikings.

I love Netflix... but I'm running out of things to watch. Strangely I don't watch a lot of things either :p was mostly into documentaries, LOST, Fringe, The Walking Dead, Digimon...

Lately I've been watching... Game of Thrones. Obviously. And I decided to unsub from netflix for a while, and go with amazon prime. Mostly because netflix is gonna jack up the price for subs anyway, and amazon prime costs exactly the same. I've been with netflix since the beginning, so it felt sad :(. But lots of stuff on amazon instant I haven't seen yet, like Vikings.

i cant give up Netflix simply due to the Marvel shows....

aside from those, the 3 CW DC shows, TWD, and Game of Thrones owns my soul..... seriously....and random food network shows like Beat Bobby Flay or Chopped.... I do wish I had better reception so i could still watch Hells Kitchen and MasterChef