Boss Drop Improvment Idea for Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion

To the Bioware/EA Development Teams:

It is my opinion that a restructuring of the boss drops for the Hard Modes (HM) and Operations (OPS) for the Class Player Versus Environment (PVE) sets (Columni, Rakata, Black Hole & Campaign, Dreadguard & Hazmat) should become a generic redeemable token and no longer the redeemable token that is class specific (i.e. Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior or Smuggler, Imperial Agent). This would improve gameplay and morale amongst the community and allow groups to finish gearing a team up equally instead of a boss dropping a class specific token that those members of that class already have, in short becoming a useless drop for the players and ends up becoming either vendor trash or a companion armor.

Thank you for your time,

Acsegidrel - Harbinger

While this would help Guilds and organized groups a lot it would make PUGs all but useless as 8 people would be needing on every item drop every time. While the current system is far from perfect at least it somewhat limits the number of people rolling for one item

should become a generic redeemable token and no longer the redeemable token that is class specific (i.e. Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior or Smuggler, Imperial Agent). This would improve gameplay and morale amongst the community and allow groups to finish gearing a team up equally instead of a boss dropping a class specific token that those members of that class already have, in short becoming a useless drop for the players and ends up becoming either vendor trash or a companion armor.

You want a boss to drop one token that can be transformed into a item for every class possible?

I do not see that improve morale, more that everyone will be needing on everything.

We have to work to improve the community not alienating it with more things to fight over,

A system where it is clear what item belongs to a specific class is much better, no fights no drama simple logic and yet the excitement is still there because of the random pool of items the boss drops.

Edited by Icestar

while for guild run ops (which most are anyways that drops this now in game) this works rather well. you can chose which role to gear up first. but for lfd hms this will become much more of a loot rolling problem than it already is.

in other words pug content gets a no vote. i would rather roll against one or two players each time than three always.

Edited by uniz

while for guild run ops (which most are anyways that drops this now in game) this works rather well. you can chose which role to gear up first. but for lfd hms this will become much more of a loot rolling problem than it already is.

in other words pug content gets a no vote. i would rather roll against one or two players each time than three always.

Tell that to the van tank in our guild way back (pre EC) that didn't see a columi rifle drop in 3 months and never saw the rakata rifle drop (jumped straight to campaign)

The bosses shouold drop more loot. One pair of gloves just does not cut it when there's a team of 8 people killing the boss.

Iknorite! So many times when I am hatching and implementing evil schemes, I carry extra gloves in my pocket for the heroes that come to kill me.

Yes it is good for strategic guildgearing, like gearing up a tank with first priority but for PUGs it is a disaster.

In a way it can be good but in a way it can also be real bad.