Add Guild Capital Ships

Dmort

I think they should make guild capital ships in the next update, the possibilities are endless. They could add hangars to dock your ships on, have access to the guild bank, etc. The list could go on and everyone can imagine something different to add. It's something i think lots of people would like to have in the next update.:D

I fully agree and support this. Since November Beta, I've felt the need for guild ships. Why? These guild ships are a necessity in RP guilds, where the places to RP are few and far between. Allowing actual instances makes it perfect for RP, PvE, hell, even PvP guilds to prosper and meet freely.

I think they should make guild capital ships in the next update, the possibilities are endless. They could add hangars to dock your ships on, have access to the guild bank, etc. The list could go on and everyone can imagine something different to add. It's something i think lots of people would like to have in the next update.:D

This is our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert's "baby" and it is on the "wall of crazy" to do list. But we are not going to put this feature out until it is perfect. So I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon, but it is something we would love to do!

This is our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert's "baby" and it is on the "wall of crazy" to do list. But we are not going to put this feature out until it is perfect. So I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon, but it is something we would love to do!

You gave me a sad today.

Was just curious is all. It looks like you were padding a post count or filling a quota.

Wut?

No, actually I was reminding a poster that the mods are being much more engaging, communicative, and responsive, and that we should remember to express gratitude for this... even if the answers we get disappoint. It certainly beats being stonewalled on questions...... and they deserve some active thanks and appreciation.

Was just curious is all. It looks like you were padding a post count or filling a quota.

He actually made a really good point. At least they responded instead of just ignoring us like in the past.

Request: Can we get some information on the ideas and thoughts that have gone into making these ships such as design, options, and features and what the biggest hold up is besides game balance and Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

I believe this would be a good addition. People have been crying our for more guild features. But so far the only thing they have added is a 5% xp boost if your in a guild which seems stupid to me. Personally I would like to see guild ships which could be in thoery be bought by a single character but whoes price would be too high in realtity and so would be bought by guilds.

What do you mean by guild capital ships?

Do you mean just an area for your guild that resembles a ship interior?

Or do you want to be able to do something whilst inside the ship?

Edited by Iggster

What do you mean by guild capital ships?

Do you mean just an area for your guild that resembles a ship interior?

Or do you want to be able to do something whilst inside the ship?

My guess is your question (and the lack of immediate answers to it) is why the feature is on the 'wall of crazy ideas' and not on the schedule of the coders/artists/scripters

What features do guilds want in their private corvette or star destroyer (and yes, it would be awesome if PvP guilds could capture a ship belonging to the opposing side and proudly park it just outside their fleet station for all to admire)

And what will giving them those features do to what little there is of society within the fleet stations? I.e. if you give a guild their private flashpoint shuttles then you will break out a chunk of the players visiting fleet possibly resulting in both fleet and guild not having enough players for a timely creation of flashpoint teams.

On the other hand there are some awesome things that are not currently in the game that can be done with guild capitol ships. Like player housing, being the hub for the secret space project (would be awesome if a guild could take out their capitol ship, crewed by six players simultaneous, their player ships (crewed by a pilot and a gunner) and their single person starfighters (crewed by players or crew members) for a huge raid style space combat mission.

Just tell him, he should take a look at everquest 2 guild features and his crayziness will come to an end couse he knows than what to do. :rak_01:

They may be keeping it under wraps until they plan on releasing a Guild Patch. With a Guild Ship, I assume they would also need some new Guild features as well, and since they love themed patches it might all come together and be released at the same time.

Here's hoping that it's sooner than later. A Capital Ship would be awesome!

What about the BW post makes you think this is going to be implemented?

It's another PR, non-answer, though at least this one has the decency to basically make clear it is not happening.

With all the things that make it into the game imperfect, clearly a guild ship that needs to be perfect before considering its inclusion is a pipe-dream.

EA will just not give SWTOR the staff it needs to do ambitious things for the game any longer. We may see a proper expansion that is space-based a long time from now. Other than that, same old WZs, Ops, and maybe a planet every 1.5-2 years. I even have doubts about the latter, since much of Makeb was already in the works before the layoffs. Do they have the staff to make another planet now?

And no further class stories. They won't say it, because too many folks would leave the game.

Edited by arunav