Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are mercs bad healers? (Moved thread)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Are mercs bad healers? (Moved thread)

Gyronamics
01.20.2013 , 07:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooper_One View Post
Some good input guys. I won't give up on my Merc, so I'll see how things go later on.

Another question though. I've notice Kolto Missile only affects four people at a time. Does this limit ever increase, or is it like that for every AoE heal? It's useful during Flashpoints, but it might be problematic during Ops.
4 max ever.

In a FP thats you and everyone else round a boss.

In a 8m ops let alone a 16m ops who knows who the hell its going to heal when you drop it.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Nebdar
01.21.2013 , 02:37 AM | #12
i have played the Sorc and now i play Merc and healing using Merc is much simpler for me because i can manage my heat better then the Force. The Force depletes fast and what then no heal let me take to regenerate my force?

In Merc class i have to 2min CD Heat reducer but even when i have high heat i can still heal for small amount without pauses. Yeah the problem is when it comes to 1 Healer more then 3 to Heal and if they are scattered the efficient healing is gone, you can heal 2 people i n acceptable pace. please also understand that i haven't done any OPs yet just Flashpoints

on the other hand merc is an bodyguard so it combines firepower an early 4 AoE damage with healing so its very good with group that don't need every sec healing to stay alive and still need that extra fire power to slay down enemies with speed. (i just love to see the power of 2-3 bounty hunter class AoE in action so much damage in such short time)

If we wanted to make mercenary a better healer is to make the kolto shell accessible to all of your group (now it is just single target only) but that would probable made soma balance problems with other Sorc and OP
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

TravtwoDtwo
01.31.2013 , 06:59 AM | #13
I have a level 39 Merc Healer and I love it. It is a challenge but i was able to solo heal world boss Snowblind. It was rough but it was fun and I really enjoyed it. I do notice that my heals are not as big as the Sorc's and Op healers but I do not think they are better. I am glad people posted about Merc's, so I could see what the fuss was about.

Eterud
02.01.2013 , 12:04 AM | #14
I've solo healed most of the KP as merc healer in tionese gear...(only needed help at the big droid.)

So no we're not bad healers.

But as with everthing: We mercs can do everything, just others can do it better, while our way of healing is more fun.

(mercs are imo the most fun class, just not the best...sadly

Satedbuffalo
02.04.2013 , 01:40 PM | #15
Mercs have a somewhat higher skill floor. They are absolutely capable of clearing any content in the game (including when co-healing with another merc). The healing classes are extraordinarily well-balanced. Anyone who's unwilling to take a skilled merc in an operation is remembering a time when merc healing really -was- inadequate to some PvE content. That is no longer the case.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

totherkins
02.08.2013 , 11:33 PM | #16
I know this may be a tad bit late but just to throw in my 2 cents for merc healing in 8 man pve I average 1500 hps and can burst 22-2400 hps when I get to the higher content it seems I'm avering 1800 hps I have cleared tfb bm and am on the third boss of ec nim. I have been able to outheal sorcs in nim just cause when you get heat management down merc healing isn't so bad and actually is a lot of fun. That being said, pvp mercs are damn difficult to play and I've only broke 900 hps twice, but supposingly we are getting a tad bit of love in the future cannot wait!
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

JimmyTheCannon
02.16.2013 , 08:02 PM | #17
There is no "better" healer than any other healer.

There's skill with the class, and gear.

Yes, Merc healing requires some changes in larger groups (so does Op healing). If you're in a 16 with largely Merc and Op healers, position in 4-person groups so you KNOW who's going to get the AOE heals. Hell, same thing in a 16 with Sorc healers - that Revivification isn't going to heal everybody, either. Adapt.

People who will only run with Sorc healers are lazy. ::shrugs:: The BEST healing team is a combo of two different healers, period.

You can do any content in this game with Merc heals. Don't let anyone EVER tell you otherwise.

Ragico
02.17.2013 , 04:13 AM | #18
After playing a 50 Operative and trying a healing BH I have to say that I prefer the Operative hands down when it comes to running PUG groups. I can carry bad groups on my Operative and still throw out some DPS when needed, unless it's in a HM FP and the DPS suddenly forget how to do damage leading to enrage. One guy called me a noob for doing damage to the boss, nevermind that they were at 90-100% health the whole boss fight thanks to my HoT's yet because they didn't do enough damage we hit the enrage timer and wiped....totally my fault.

Anyways...on my BH I feel very limited by the heat mechanic. Having to juggle between that and supercharge while hoping that randoms don't pull threat or stand in crap and take damage I have to heal (because lets face it unless you run in a premade group there will be those "special" people who take the avoidable damage just so us healers can heal them.) Then suddenly the tank takes spike damage I have to swap to him, then back to the DPS who are also nearly dead, meanwhile my heat is almost always just over halfway up... I honestly think alot of problems could be solved if BH could get one single HoT skill in the healing tree. Allowing us to lightly keep one or two people alive while we focus on someone else for a moment.

JimmyTheCannon
02.17.2013 , 05:59 AM | #19
Mercs do have a HOT. Healing Scan, when specced, heals over time.

Honestly, if you have a terrible group, there's only so much *any* healer can do. That doesn't make that class a bad healer.

If you're having trouble with heat, utilize Thermal Sensor Override more, as well as making sure you're throwing Healing Scan before Rapid Scan any chance you get. Keep the Kolto Residue buff up on at least your tank at all times to maximize healing done, and throw in Rapid Shots often if you don't need to throw a big heal.

If everybody's taking a lot of damage, pop Supercharged Gas, start spamming HS + RS, throw your Kolto Missiles, and use Vent Heat once you're over 40-50 heat if people still need healing.