I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Funny thing is, people preaching that SGR should take a back burner to other priorities simply refuse to acknowledge that SGR already HAS taken a back burner for over 12 months. Now the time has come (in a few / many more months) for implementation, and for all those people who have been waiting for it... I say congrats to you.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.

For some unknown reason some people here can not see this. It's only about what they want and anything else doesn't matter.

Go figure.

For some unknown reason some people here can not see this. It's only about what they want and anything else doesn't matter.

Go figure.

Which is ironic because that explains TheBBP as well as he is talking about what he wants and what everyone else wants tends to not matter to him.

I guess that I will say it again. This is a thread based on MY opinion. I have even stated that I do not speak for everyone.

I get that. I just disagree with your opinion. If you want to just make a suggestion without having people disagree with you, there is always sending emails to the developers, and stating the reasons for unsubscribing should you choose to do so. But posting a thread on a discussion forum is going to generate discussion from multiple points of view. .

hopefully this statement will be neutral enough so as not to lock the thread... but here we go

I think people need to keep in mind that a SGR is not necessarily homosexual... for example

if in RL you are a male and your game character is female then it might be akward if your game romance partner is male

and the reverse

If in RL you are a female and your game character is male then it might be akward if your game romance partner is female

take into consideration that there is content tied to romance all the SGR really does is let you experience all the game content

This ^ x 99999999999999999999999999

This is a bit uncalled for. We knew SGRs were coming. This thread is about how absurd the importance put on them was and that I believe that more fixes or updates could have instead been done for a much larger portion of the community.

I see RotHC as a logical, fluid, minimal-effort place to include it first. They already had to call in voice actors and have the writers plot out a whole planet...what better time to add in a few extra flirty lines toward NPCs? I daresay this is the easiest, quickest, and cheapest way they could have done SGR (excepting not having it in the game at all). They didn't have to go out of their way to call people in to work on stuff out of schedule; they came in for a planet, and maybe stayed a bit longer to get both SGR and OGR flirts.

I can't think of anything else that would've taken less time and effort, except maybe if they added two companions similar to HK (no story interaction, minimal dialogue, a single questline for each--or just buy them, and bypass the acquisition story), but even that would probably have to be more of a concentrated off-schedule effort, and fewer people would get something from that. Just about everyone who buys Makeb will almost definitely have content they will play, and potentially enjoy. Two new companions have a high probability of sitting on ships and crafting. Useful, sure, but the companions themselves wouldn't offer as much diverse content as a planet.

What most of you seem to not be able to understand is that I am not here to debate whether or not they should be in the game. I am suggesting, in my own opinion, that there are other things that should have taken precedence. There are a good number of things that could have been done that would benefit most of the people as opposed to a small fraction of the playerbase with SGRs.

You are are entitled to your opinion, but whether you want to admit it or not you are taking stance on this even if it is in the most subtle way possible. The fact is there is not a small fraction but rather a very LARGE fraction of the playerbase that want and welcome SGRs. Your assumption on the number of people is indicative of your stance on it.

Star Wars is typically a family friendly universe that, while enjoyed by people of all ages, is largely aimed at kids

On one of my first quests on Korriban as an Inquisitor, I tortured a guy to get the information I needed. After a bit I killed a few of the other potential apprentices just so that I could become Zash's apprentice. Later on, I helped a monster who fed on dead apprentices' corpses continue to exist because it benefited me. Meanwhile, I lied to an imprisoned Jedi and led him to certain death, I killed other apprentices and on my way to Dromund Kaas I killed both a Jedi Padawan and an Imperial defector who, and I'm quoting, "was no use to me alive".

But I can see how all this is largely aimed at kids whose innocence would be destroyed by a line they probably wouldn't understand and a fade to black :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNahash

Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.

First off, I appreciate your non-political approach to this, I can respect your viewpoint and believe that it comes from a non-bigoted place.

That said, going back and looking at dev comments about SGRs (things like it being on new companions and being wierd to make old companions all Bisexual) I get the strong impression that they aren't looking to backtrack on it, or at least not to the point some hope, but are looking at placing it in as an option moving forward, is in it will only be an option for future companions and future NPCs. In that case it doesn't really take away form other items as writers need to write those stories anyhow.

I actually personally am more supportive of it being a "going forward" kind of thing, I think it will be cleaner and make more overall sense, and really, the bigger the game gets the less strange not having those options as certain points will be. I think it would be more special to have some gay/bi characters then everyone being bi, that seems equally unreal as everyone is straight.

I agree, with the OP while it is not that I am against SGR on moral or religous reasons I am only against it as a very minor thing, which will interest only a handful of people, many who will be upset that its a few flirt lines and a fade to black kiss when there are so many other more vital areas this game is missing.

Culd anyone find me a statement where an eta is given for the sgr? Where it's said that it was meant to be ready for launch? 'Cause I can find yas ETA for hood toggle, which was meant to be in the next patch after 1.2.

Look at the recent State of the Game Address, it states that we will get SGR's with some NPC's on Makeb when Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion comes out

I agree, with the OP while it is not that I am against SGR on moral or religous reasons I am only against it as a very minor thing, which will interest only a handful of people, many who will be upset that its a few flirt lines and a fade to black kiss when there are so many other more vital areas this game is missing.

SGR's were coming anyways and having Flirts with NPC's is the first stepping stone to be able to have SGR's with Companions.

Also, we KNEW since before the Game was even released that we were going to eventually get SGR's and guess what, when SGR's comes out with the RotHC Expansion guess what will ALSO come out with it:

5 more levels

New Abilities

New Areas to Explore

New Datacrons

New Quests

New Heroics (most likely)

Possibly a New Flash Point

Just wanted to put my weight behind the non-inclusion of SGR content. The game is great without it, and I don't believe it's needed. And like so many have mentioned, the focus shouldn't be on implementing divisive subject matter, but on the gameplay and stability of what's already there and needs to be addressed.

Any money used to do this is wasted money they could have used to really improve the game.

Any person working on this is a person not working on important features.

Any second used to do this is time that could have been to implement other important things to the game.

So, this SGR is a waste of money, time and resources. We need HK51 to have more conversations during game...not some "flirt options" with 3 npc's on Makeb.

Edited by Royox

Any money used to do this is wasted money they could have used to really improve the game.

Any second used to do this is time that could have been to implement other important things to the game.

So, this SGR is a waste of money, time and resources. We need HK51 to have more conversations during game...not some "flirt options" with 3 npc's on Makeb.

I don´t use HK51, so any emoney,time and other resources spend o him are wasted.

What is your point again ?

Edited by Wittand

Personally I don't care about HK, I don't use him on any character because using a healer is more useful to me. This is your "important" feature? Conversations with him are just RP fluff too. But I am not against them making more HK dialogue, they probably will get to that and other companions eventually. Because it's not all about me, it's not all about you, they aren't making the game to please any particular groups of people.

I don´t use HK51, so any emoney,time and other resources spend o him are wasted.

What is your point again ?

Well. He is a companion that don't have ANY conversation. This is a problem as all companions can talk during your conversation quests. I don't use "T7", but he has conversations. HK51 was done for KOTOR fans....and KOTOR fans are SWTOR.

HK51 >>>>>>>>SGR by far.

Having a companion that is not working as a companion ---> problem.

Not being able to "bang" ppl of your gender---------> not a problem.

I'm using this "HK" example because you said "there are diferen people working on diferent things".

Edited by Royox

Well. He is a companion that don't have ANY conversation. This is a problem as all companions can talk during your conversation quests. I don't use "T7", but he has conversations.

Actually he does, according to the "Companion Dialogue Location Thread,", he does in fact talk during quests. Check it out and see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=524468 Also he does have conversations with you when you get his affection up to certain levels after giving him gifts. (and he does have affection gain during conversations with you on the ship)

How is he not a "working companion"? He fights for you, he talks to you, you give him gifts and he talks to you on the ship.

HK51 was done for KOTOR fans....and KOTOR fans are SWTOR.

And Bioware has always been a supporter of SGR in their games, and fans of Bioware expect it.

Edited by chuixupu

This x 1000

Fix the memory leak before adding anything else.

Memory leak.

Server transfers.

Guild functionality...

All things far more important that would benefit far more people than the inclusion of SGRs. SGRs should have definitely been at the bottom of the must-do list somewhere next to hood toggles.

But people have quit due to lack of content, even lack of continued story content.

They have their client software engineers working on those issues. It is funny that some people think the entire studio has to be put on hold in order for them to fix every issue in the game. There would never be any new content. We need bug fixes, but we need reasons to keep playing the game, I can only do so many of the same operations and dailies per week.

Edited by chuixupu