Expertise

DarthMetier

This is my first MMO and have long ago stopped worrying about looking silly by asking a question. I am a sith juggernaught approaching level 50 and have done so strictly solo questing and no PVP. I am looking to get into PVP after I complete my class quest. I read that, in PVP, "experise" is an extremely important stat. Just curious as to what this attribute does and how to increse it. Thanks.

This is my first MMO and have long ago stopped worrying about looking silly by asking a question. I am a sith juggernaught approaching level 50 and have done so strictly solo questing and no PVP. I am looking to get into PVP after I complete my class quest. I read that, in PVP, "experise" is an extremely important stat. Just curious as to what this attribute does and how to increse it. Thanks.

Expertise is a purely PVP stat. It has no effect outside PVP. It's basically how the devs keep PVE raid gear best at raiding and out of PVP.

Expertise increases damage done, decreases damage taken, and increases healing in the PVP environment. As such, it is quite valuable to have.

As a fresh L50 who wants to PVP, you'll want to invest in the "Recruit" set of equipment you can buy on the fleet. This will give you enough expertise and decent stats to be moderately competitive. You're at a disadvantage against people with better PVP gear, but it's not horrendous (pre-1.2 patch there was a bigger gap w/o this set of equipment and it really hurt to be a new L50 in PVP).

Be sure to pick up the weekly and daily PVP missions and start saving up for battlemaster and War Hero gear, which have better stats and more expertise.