Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

So if I want them on other character, I have to pull them out, put them in a legacy weapon, put them in my legacy bank, take the legacy weapon on my other character, remove the mod and put it in his weapon.

Sound boring, like a lot.

Clearly then, you want everything handed to you for free, no effort, and while were at it.. perhaps have the studio preinstall a tuning on all your weapons before you wake up in the morning. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath... and don't bother with getting a weapon tuning if you have to actually put it into your weapon all by yourself.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your remark is a little out of context, we are talking about a cartel market item, not a gear item, gear item are purchase with money from the game, cartel market item are purchasable with real life money ( even if they are put in GTN after there is still $ in first place )

honestly the only one who will get pissed by a collection are the one which are selling theses a X millions.

We are talking about a rare and expensive weapon mods. ;) Their origin source is irrelevant. It is rarity and desirability that drives this angst over how expensive they are.

People initially likened them to the dyes.. but dyes are one time use. Tunings are like every other mod in the game... it can be pulled and reused... you know.. like people have been doing for years to move extremely rare and expensive mods across their gear and legacy.

Edited by Andryah

Weapon tuning is not something I care all that much about myself and as it happens did not get one in my hypercrate in any case. However unlike so many other items, this is something most will want multiple of. Why would you make this a rare item? we can have up to 40 characters. That's not even counting players who want it for comps as well. OK in my case it would have just gone on the GTN, but for most this is just poor to have this as a rare or even very rare item.

Short answer.... because they can.

Early adopters of anything these days, inside the game or in real life, pay heavy premiums for shiny new things.

A year from now.... I would wager that weapon tunings will drop like rat turds and you won't be able to give them away.

Clearly then, you want everything handed to you for free, no effort, and while were at it.. perhaps have the studio preinstall a tuning on all your weapons before you wake up in the morning. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath... and don't bother with getting a weapon tuning if you have to actually put it into your weapon all by yourself.

We are talking about a rare and expensive weapon mods. ;) Their origin source is irrelevant. It is rarity and desirability that drives this angst over how expensive they are.

People initially likened them to the dyes.. but dyes are one time use. Tunings are like every other mod in the game... it can be pulled and reused... you know.. like people have been doing for years to move extremely rare and expensive mods across their gear and legacy.

Double post because it will be too easy to make only one ? :) ( maybe edit your first post ?)

And I think you are missing the main point, it's not because we can "legacy trade" that is fun to do it, for the gear it's once a while ( a really, really long period of time due to content ), for the tuning it will be EVERY SINGLE TIME you decide to switch to another character you want to play with the custom on his weapon, but if you say it's ok, then go ahead, just tell me when you will be pissed by this.

This item is not assailable to any other item (unless himself of course) or maybe to the rare weapon who where in the first cartel market pack ( Ziost guardian's, Tytonian force master's, etc.)

That was the same deal before, prices other the top, rarity extreme, no legacy trade and no collection unlock at this period, but guess what collection appear later and legacy unlock too !

Even better ( or worst depending on the point of view ) Ziost guardian was available directly from the cartel market during a short period.

So it's not a post about " BOUH OUH OUH I'M SO LAZY I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW !!! RIGHT NOWWWWWW! " , it is a suggestion to apply some modifications to this item, and perhaps the future tuning item, like the one who were made on previous item in the past :

- add them in collection and a legacy unlock.

or

- put them directly on the cartel market with direct purchase and no legacy unlock.

Edited by KaellSolaris

Double post because it will be too easy to make only one ? :) ( maybe edit your first post ?)

Actually, two different responses to two different posts made by you. ;) maybe combine your multiple posts if you want one response from me.

I know.. it sucks that I won't bow down to your demands..... so you start with the passive aggressive nonsense.

Nice try though.

Back on topic... would it be nice if they put them in collections? Of course. Is it required? No... precisely because I can move the mod around my legacy as I choose.

Some people adapt to what changes or enters an MMO, other curl up and cry about it.

Edited by Andryah

Most of the modifications that can be used over again and transferred with legacy come from mission rewards, gear tokens, or are crafted (hilts /barrels /mods /armors/ and enhancements),and are not from the cartel market. The only modification which does come from the cartel market are color crystals. There are crafted versions as well, but most are CM.

Color crystals are for the most part cosmetic. Yes, they do have the +41 stat on them but now that +41 is a small part of people's stats. For the most part crystals are for looks, and the CM ones can be unlocked in collections.

Now we have tunings which are cosmetic only, are currently only from the CM (although it's been hinted that there may be crafted ones eventually) but tunings cannot be unlocked. So the modification that tunings are closest to are crystals, but tunings are treated differently. For me this is what annoys me the most about them. The rules were arbitrarily changed, and it appears to me to be only for money gouging.

Most of the modifications that can be used over again and transferred with legacy come from mission rewards, gear tokens, or are crafted (hilts /barrels /mods /armors/ and enhancements),and are not from the cartel market. The only modification which does come from the cartel market are color crystals. There are crafted versions as well, but most are CM.

Color crystals are for the most part cosmetic. Yes, they do have the +41 stat on them but now that +41 is a small part of people's stats. For the most part crystals are for looks, and the CM ones can be unlocked in collections.

Now we have tunings which are cosmetic only, are currently only from the CM (although it's been hinted that there may be crafted ones eventually) but tunings cannot be unlocked. So the modification that tunings are closest to are crystals, but tunings are treated differently. For me this is what annoys me the most about them. The rules were arbitrarily changed, and it appears to me to be only for money gouging.

1) they flat out stated more and different tunings to come.. and not all via CC exclusively. Time will reveal new ones, via different methods.

2) what they did is actually common, though with a brand new feature. They make it super rare and hard to obtain and therefore costly in credits to make use of... then many months later though a series of additional releases, what was once super rare becomes common and commodity in nature. Early adopters pay deeply for early access to something new and wonderful.

And there is NO precedent. Tunings are a brand new mod slot and mod for weapons. The fact that the first one is released as part of cartel packs does not establish a trend, nor does it break any precedent. It remains to be seen what the future brings us... but what we do know is more are coming and they likely will be much easier to acquire.

Edited by Andryah

I see that they brought the Anarchist pack back to the Cartel Market. Does it have a chance to drop a tuning mod? Or is it still only the Plunderer packs?

I would wager only the Plunderer pack, but I missed the window for discounted Anarchists packs. I would also wager that, regardless of which pack/crate you purchase, there's still a chance of pulling one from a Chance Cube.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a new "Damaged Weapon Tuning" in the Revenge Pack (scroll down for an embedded video).

A bit lame for a weapon tuning, for my personal tastes. Apparently so for other players as well since I see them listed for well under 3M already.

At least they did not make this one a crafted one.. as that would have really pissed off the crafters I bet. :)

Speculation: the first one available via some other path then the CM = one that randomly causes your weapon to explode and throw shrapnel for real damage. :p:p:p:p:p:p

Edited by Andryah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At first, I thought this would be cool. I was thinking it would make your weapon do an effect when it shoots or afterward, like a smoking barrel or just before it shoots the end of it glows as if heating up or cooling down.

From what I see, I have no idea how technology has been able to progress. Most of the cosmetic things have animations that break, like the fireworks, the boxing droid or the saber practice droid. Sure comedy is good but how about the 'flaws' happen randomly on a rare occasion. After the first time you see it 'break' it gets old.

On this note, weapons or equipment that emit 'sparks' usually means it is broken, maybe check the grounding or something. I'm sorry but I don't want a weapon that's going to explode while I'm using it. My friends make fun of me because my tagline for games is 'I like a little realism in my fantasy'. For instance I hate and try to avoid armor with hoses on the outside. Sure the armor might be able to deflect a lightsaber or a blaster bolt but those hoses that I assume keep my life support systems or the power for the heavy armors going can be severed.

Just my opinion but Star Wars tech should never have made it passed steam engines for as well as they function. Or I guess 'tech' is actually cosmetic and everything runs off the Force... just look at the ships flying through the atmosphere defying physics. I guess this would make sense. If someone actually tried to make something mechanical with no Force, it just screws up.

• 3 weeks later...
WTB collection unlock for tunings.

^ This.

Being stuck with a dark weapon tuning on a BH when I need it on a Sith Inquisitor.

O wait I used a legacy weapon to pass it down, glad the "bug" is still there ;)

Weapon Tuning slots have been added to Level 50 Operation and PvP weapons.

So this didn't actually give a tuning slot to level 50 Operation and PvP weapons? My Assassin has been using the War Hero Stalker's Saberstaff for years and I was very happy to see the weapon would get a tuning slot. However, that did not happen, despite the patch notes.

If this is working as intended, the patch notes should be worded better, because the current wording made me think of weapons such as the War Hero Stalker's Saberstaff and that was clearly wrong.

• 4 months later...