Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So where is the supposed patch and what took 4 hrs!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So where is the supposed patch and what took 4 hrs!!!

SpearlikeAtom
02.28.2012 , 07:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gifts View Post
well ull have to excuse me Im used to a maintaince taking 15 min to reboot a server didnt realize bio ware needed 4 hrs to do so.
You obviously have no idea what is involved in server maintenance, it's not as simple as rebooting the server

amnie
02.28.2012 , 07:13 AM | #22
am I the only one bothered by people ending a question with as many exclamation marks as possible instead of a single question mark!!!!!

either way, it was written there would be no patch today, and there wasn't.
we don't know why bioware does maintenance the way they do, and most likely never will.
all of us could probably do something more productive than talking about things like that (such as whining about maintenance being during the day in Europe and during the afternoon/evening in Australia/Asia)

I'll heat up lunch now, you folks calm down already :P

Goretzu
02.28.2012 , 07:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SpearlikeAtom View Post
You obviously have no idea what is involved in server maintenance, it's not as simple as rebooting the server

I'm still struggling to see what actually is absolutely needed in a weekly server maintenance.

Given that Bioware stopped it with Warhammer Online and left the servers up for weeks and even months at a time, only bringing them down for actual patches, with no noticeable difference to the server performance.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

TheOnlyKyrenS
02.28.2012 , 07:17 AM | #24
It seems you people are never happy. First you complain that they don't give enough time to test (they just put 1.1.5 on saturday) and now you're complaining that there isn't a patch?
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

IPaq
02.28.2012 , 07:23 AM | #25
You know if they wrote somewhere there wasnt a patch hey sorry for not getting that memo. I guess me asking for a little more communication from a company im paying to get a service from is to much ask. But instead Ive received a bunch of troll remarks. One of them being an insult. Is flipping burgers in general an insult no the way it was phrased yes. Trying to play it off as not being one now is just another insult. But again people want to notify me that i lack the ability to read but either forget or have yet to use that ability of reading to know that trolling someone is also an infraction of the rules. So now unless u dont know what takes 4 hrs to do maintenance please with hold your trolling comments to yourself.
Keep at it.

Kytsara
02.28.2012 , 07:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
I'm still struggling to see what actually is absolutely needed in a weekly server maintenance.

Given that Bioware stopped it with Warhammer Online and left the servers up for weeks and even months at a time, only bringing them down for actual patches, with no noticeable difference to the server performance.
Well, if they were using the same severs and the same game system, database, etc than it would be understandable to ask why they needed to change an existing efficient system.

These are not the same servers, the software is not the same and they've only had a handful of months to work with what they have under a full load. I'm sure they would love to reach a point where they didn't need 3-4 hours for routine maintenance too.

spudbynight
02.28.2012 , 07:33 AM | #27
There will (probably) be another bit of downtime this week to deploy a patch.

FarseerTera
02.28.2012 , 07:47 AM | #28
Need I ask anymore?
Reading fail. Next time I suggest reading a dev post instead of just glancing at the title......

FarseerTera
02.28.2012 , 07:49 AM | #29
You know if they wrote somewhere there wasnt a patch hey sorry for not getting that memo.
It was hardly a "Memo" dude. It was in the MAIN TEXT of maint. notice for the past 5 days.

Nessirin
02.28.2012 , 08:01 AM | #30
You know if they wrote somewhere there wasnt a patch hey sorry for not getting that memo. I guess me asking for a little more communication from a company im paying to get a service from is to much ask. But instead Ive received a bunch of troll remarks. One of them being an insult. Is flipping burgers in general an insult no the way it was phrased yes. Trying to play it off as not being one now is just another insult. But again people want to notify me that i lack the ability to read but either forget or have yet to use that ability of reading to know that trolling someone is also an infraction of the rules. So now unless u dont know what takes 4 hrs to do maintenance please with hold your trolling comments to yourself.
Bioware isn't responsible for its blind customers. It was in HUGE BOLD LETTERS as a notice on your launcher before you hit the play button. Not their fault you decided not to read it.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow