Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thinking.

JonJW
02.28.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1
I'm seriously considering leaving this game for the sole fact I can't stand the people who make up the population of some of these servers. Same reason I don't play WoW. General chat is very quiet as I have most people on ignore.

Meldwyn
02.28.2012 , 09:10 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JonJW View Post
I'm seriously considering leaving this game for the sole fact I can't stand the people who make up the population of some of these servers. Same reason I don't play WoW. General chat is very quiet as I have most people on ignore.
Are you just hanging out on the Fleet? Cause, the general chat while questing on planets is silent, but that's not because people are on ignore...

Where is this a problem for you?
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

notebene
02.28.2012 , 09:10 AM | #3
Thinking.
Well there's the problem right there.

Other than LotRO (well at least before F2P, hopefully it's calmed down again), the demographic has changed a lot in the last 10 years. I don't mean age, just...different type of folks, different upbringing, not sure what it is, but it's all smack and bullying and all that. Not terribly fun.

Sadly it's everywhere, and not just this game.

I am resolved to largely play alone, but the 'find the right guild' comments you'll certainly get are probably not too far off the mark, if you really want to be part of a community.
MOTD - One Giant Server - When I'll Need To Make My 'Bucket-List' List 1. I'm not having fun any more. 2. Puritans. 3. One or more characters were renamed in a server merge. 4. Something given to 'all characters on account' are not given to 'all characters on account'. 5. Design by Committee.

TheOnlyKyrenS
02.28.2012 , 09:11 AM | #4
Welcome to MMOs.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

teambff
02.28.2012 , 09:11 AM | #5
i'd be happy just to have people to ignore, i'm lucky to ever see a person talking. haha.
JOSS WHEDON is god!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vS4z6ngQo
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

MauleVrrshaken
02.28.2012 , 09:13 AM | #6
do what i do. /ignore the idiots. turn off general chat in fleet except while forming groups. do things with friends. problem solved you'll have a good time, hopefully.

The Vrrshaken Legacy

gryhmr
02.28.2012 , 09:14 AM | #7
Based on your avatar it seems you are playing Imperial. I found that the Imperial community is full of horrible children on my server. Republic is much more tolerable for the most part. The main problem there though is that Reps are much lower pop so while there are less kids learning how to curse on the internet there are less people to play with.

JonJW
02.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #8
Yeah I mostly stick to solo'ing, and you are right they majority of chatter is on the fleet. I've played lotro for 4 years and in the past few days i've seen bickering and arguing about pvp that exceeds anything i've seen in lotro.

JonJW
02.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
Based on your avatar it seems you are playing Imperial. I found that the Imperial community is full of horrible children on my server. Republic is much more tolerable for the most part. The main problem there though is that Reps are much lower pop so while there are less kids learning how to curse on the internet there are less people to play with.
I think that's an unfair assumption, i've come across a fair share of republic players who are pretty horrible to be around.

Parali
02.28.2012 , 09:23 AM | #10
Greetings everyone,

Our goal with the forums is to provide a place for members to talk about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread seems to be focused more on the personalities and negative behavior of other players outside of gameplay, we are closing it.

We encourage you to post about game-related topics. Thank you for your cooperation!