Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

heres a problem i have with swtor...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
heres a problem i have with swtor...

Quraswren
02.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
I have also played Tera. The good? You can get 80+ people in a zone whacking each other. The bad? You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE WHACKING.

I'm kinda unimpressed with the game. "Kinda" means "a lot", I guess.
I wasn't that impressed either.

Like I said in another thread. I could have just as easily been playing lineage or any other fantasy game and barely noticed the difference.

SWTOR at least got me out of that universe for a while. The fantasy thing has been done and driven into the ground for now and there all starting to look so similar.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

SnapWolf
02.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #12
So, basically, OP is comparing apples to oranges.

Yep. That's what it is.
As Gandhi would say :

"Everyone is entitled to his own viewpoint, but it is not impossible that everyone might be wrong."

Matte_Black
02.28.2012 , 08:48 AM | #13
I get your point but, nothing during development or game footage of this game ever led me to the impression that larger group PvP would be good. It's a good RPG with very good story and voicework that allows you some MMO interaction. If you want massive PvP battles, this is not nor was it ever the game for you.
"I really wanted to bring in the three BioWare pillars to the online space. Those are represented by story, by the player's choice in story, and by characters. Those are the three big things that I felt weren't really well represented in the MMO space." - James Ohlen

Faeldawn
02.28.2012 , 08:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaladorei View Post
you clearly have 0 concept of its combat system , nor do you see the fact 0 lag. if you must read about thecombat system watch the 50 v 50 beta gameplay and 0 lag and say same.
Editing skills mean you win, we done

Kaladorei
02.28.2012 , 08:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Matte_Black View Post
I get your point but, nothing during development or game footage of this game ever led me to the impression that larger group PvP would be good. It's a good RPG with very good story and voicework that allows you some MMO interaction. If you want massive PvP battles, this is not nor was it ever the game for you.
stuff to do at end game would be nice. tera offers more on day one than swtor will in 6 months lol.

Averran
02.28.2012 , 08:52 AM | #16
Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss your experience with FPS and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!