uggg, 64 bucks, and Bad Luck.

Arcain

So I got one of the super packs and 3 single packs totaling,

27 packs.... I must have the worst luck ever, because I didn't get a single armor chest. 4 speeders, (no walker version) Ton of junk, some comp gifts and a lot of the junk armor white junk armor parts.

Most I have ever spent in one shot on TOR, I really was hoping for at least one full set. :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck of the draw, I can't even remember how many this happened to me, especially with the packs that had the chairs and thrones and skiffs back awhile ago. Oh and I never got a Revan mask. It happens, just hope that some of the stuff you got will sell and then you can buy the pieces you want., hopefully somethings from those 27 packs is worth some creds.

Where is the fun in that.

I was hoping for a whole set of armor, at least with one of the rares, instead I received two leggings and gloves.

I do like to support the game as well, but this time I feel like I shouldn't of.

That's awful, I'm sorry. I know some people get in-game credits for buying these packs and selling them unopened, maybe that'd work better(especially after the pack is embargoed in late August).

Lesson learned? I learned my lesson before the F2P in Mass Effect 3 MP. Lottery packs are never worth it in the long run. You might get lucky, sure, but on average you're better off selling the packs on GTN and buying the item(s) you really, really want.

The reason they use this model is because people buy them. A lot. I mean, the cost of the hypercrate is more than most people put into other F2P games, ever.

Edited by Jandi

Where is the fun in that.

I was hoping for a whole set of armor, at least with one of the rares, instead I received two leggings and gloves.

I do like to support the game as well, but this time I feel like I shouldn't of.

Well you either open the boxes for fun, or you sell them for profit.

You can't expect to do both with any regularity.

I'm not saying the drop rates are fine (we'll have to wait until tomorrow at least to find that out), but you really shouldn't open a hypercrate and expect to get enough good items to make a killing on the GTN.

That was never my point, if you go re-read, I wanted some full sets of Armor to use. I get credits just fine from pvp and dailies, I don't need packs for that.

When I was talking about worth of selling, I meant that I didn't get any full sets or anything worth selling, so 64 bucks might as well been flushed down a toilet.

As a general rule, if you want something specific, don't open the packs. Just sell them closed.

I buy some and open it for the fun of it and to support SWTOR. I'd like certain items but hey if not then too bad, but really it may sound counter intuitive but if you want something from a pack, don't open them. Sell them and use the creds you make to buy the stuff off the gtn.

They took you for 4 months subscription and gave you tidly winks in return. lol I can't believe the players of this game put up with these lottery packs.

I was a big spender at one point. Then, I realized that when compared to other games such as Defiance, EAware is extremely greedy and has a horrible system for the Cartel Market. Now they won't get any more of my money than the subscription.

Lol @ Op.

I spent 200 dollars yesterday morning and opened 97 packs.

I actually had to purchase 2 more cargo holds for all the extra loot I needed to store till sell off day. Out of 97 packs, I didn't get any of the 5 thing I actually wanted. The Temple Guardian headpiece or chestpiece, the walker, the two legged reptile or the recharge emote. What I did get were tons of hands, feet, wrists and belts, lots of off speeders and pets, a bunch of bad dyes, a dumptruck of boxed up 2nd tier gear, enough mat tokens to build a star cruiser, 1 crit crystal and 4 regular emotes. Oh and of course lots of nearly useless affection trinkets and 3rd rate experience boosters.

I have nobody to blame but myself of course. I could have sold them all for at least 25 mil, bought the things I wanted and still had cash left, but the drop rate is indeed miserable. Out of the 12 hypercrates I've opened since launch, that's 288 packs, not once have I gotten a 1st tier mount, complete 1st tier armor set or Hawkeye crystal. Maybe I'm just unlucky. :/

13 packs and I got the hood and chest for the Temple Guardian set.

Seriously man, #@%$ you buddy. :p

Edited by Elfa

13 packs and I got the hood and chest for the Temple Guardian set.

One pack(my very first), and I got the Temple Guardian chest.

Not buying packs again, ever, though. Not after reading these stories about buying four or five or more hypercrates and not getting a walker. If it were me, I'd use that "faint" emote and keep lying on the floor by the cargo hold. Oh, actually, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't get the emote.

Not buying packs again, ever, though. Not after reading these stories about buying four or five or more hypercrates and not getting a walker. If it were me, I'd use that "faint" emote and keep lying on the floor by the cargo hold. Oh, actually, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't get the emote.

I got two of that emote..

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Hey, if you just want to make cash from them, there's almost no better way to do it. They sell on average for 250 to 300k a piece. Just don't pull an "Elfa" and open them.