Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minimize the importance which the "Expertise" stat has in the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Minimize the importance which the "Expertise" stat has in the game.

RoamFire
12.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #11
First you can play a googol warzones and have a full elite war hero set, and you will still be a smear on the floor in HM Ops.
That is because PVP gear is designed for PVP.

Expertiese is a mitigation stat, because not all classes are equal, and you need to balance out the damage vs defense diferrence between class combinations.

It may be removed but that is a monumental task and I would not hold my breath for it.

As for hating to heal because someone with way way better gear can stomp you to the ground... well, do your dailies.

jgoldsack
12.12.2012 , 03:10 PM | #12
Expertise is there for PvP players. You don't want people in full PvP gear going into your Ops, so why should full PvE players come into my PvP? Why should I be forced to PvE to get the best gear when I want to just PvP.

It is MUCH easier to get pvP gear (now) that will let you be competitive at the highest levels. You can get that in a week of PvP.

So why are you complaining? No PvP player can do the same thing to obtain PvE gear to let them compete at the highest levels of PvE.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Unchosen
12.12.2012 , 04:13 PM | #13
In the near future there will be an Expertise cap, a limit. One of the devs stated this on the Torwars podcast.

Sadishist
12.12.2012 , 04:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Unchosen View Post
In the near future there will be an Expertise cap, a limit. One of the devs stated this on the Torwars podcast.
Source?
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion